Rhodes to Wolves???

It's the negative tactics holding us back and nullifying our attacking players. It's that, that needs changing not letting any of our best players go.

Because no matter who we let go or who we bring in, the same issues will occur if we continue to stubbornly persist with negative tactics and a unbalanced set up.

I am bewildered a little, my mind has been confugeld.

I really like CC and think he has done a fantastic job over the last 2 seasons and is an excellent manager but why aren't we attacking teams with the quality we have, we have the quality to score more goals, than most teams, in most matches.

5 top class strikers we would have only dreamed of 3 seasons ago and yesterday we didn't even trouble their keeper, if it was just Rhodes who was struggling but it isn't not one of our strikers is scoring like we would expect them to be, possibly because of none of them getting a solid run or not really knowing where they stand, but when it comes to it we just dont seem to have the attacking mentality our strikers are crying out for.

If they were being given the chances to score then we would fly this season.

As it is Billy the Blunt may challenge our strikers for a season total - and that just isn't right.

Rhodes would, given the chance, be top 3 in the division this season.

Edited by Spookone

Guest The Horse
53 minutes ago, Spookone said:

...with the quality we have, we have the quality to score more goals, than most teams, in most matches.

Yep. Completely agree.
The baffling thing is, in our first season under Carlos - if we went a goal down or the opposites got a goal back I was confident that we'd get another one.
You could feel it.
It really was a case of we're gonna score one more than you.
And now I can't see where the goals are gonna come from... with arguably the most feared forward players in the Championship.

Astonishing.

Rhodes must stay and build a team around him and winnal as the main strike force. Play hoops just behind them and get the that sloppy defence sorted. We are all frustrated with CCs tactics. We can see another boring season ahead. If this happens again it's curtains to promotion and Carlos. And whoever is responsible for selling our surplus squad players wants a rocket up his a**e . 

3 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Report: Sheffield Wednesday's Jordan Rhodes among options for Wolverhampton Wanderers after £8m Sam Gallagher bid rejected

Rhodes has struggled since signing for Sheffield Wednesday, but a report suggests Wolverhampton Wanderers have not been put off after failing in an attempt to sign Gallagher from Southampton.

Sheffield Wednesday's Jordan Rhodes is among the options being considered by Wolverhampton Wanderers as an alternative to Southampton striker Sam Gallagher, The Sun on Sunday reports (August 6, page 62).

Wolves are said to have seen an £8 million offer rejected by Southampton, who recently tied Gallagher to a new contract.

Previous reports claimed a loan for the 21-year-old could be on the cards, but according to The Sun on Sunday, Wolves could cast their net elsewhere - and are 'ready to gamble on a goalscorer'.

Their former striker Andre Gray emerged as a target in recent weeks, and the Burnley man is again mentioned as a possibility - despite his rumoured £20 million price tag.

But Rhodes' name is a fresh one as far as Wolves are concerned, although it remains to be seen whether Sheffield Wednesday would be willing to part with the 27-year-old, who completed a club-record permanent move to Hillsborough at the start of last month.

Rhodes has struggled to replicate his previous Championship form since initially joining the Owls on loan in January, scoring just three goals in 21 games for Carlos Carvalhal's team.

Yayy! who can we flog off next? How about your granny? Why stop there?

2 minutes ago, scram said:

And getting rid of Abdi for Max Power is probably the most ludicrous thing i have read on here

Max 'sideways' Power has never been a top end championship player I really hope we don't bring him in especially if It means sacrificing Abdi 

3 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Max 'sideways' Power has never been a top end championship player I really hope we don't bring him in especially if It means sacrificing Abdi 

I want to get Abdi in the side but it pointless keeping him if we continue to play 4-4-2. Absolutely pointless.

Change the system and integrate this quality player in our side.