Whelmometer 17/18

Probably, on balance, the most underwhelming preseason. When you consider everything. 

Obviously we've had signings where we've signed the likes of Sedgwick and Otsemobor and lost loads of games etc.

But we were allowed to be crap then, and we had no money.

Expectations are high and they've not even come close to even being matched. We don't look ready, on or off the pitch. And that's worrying.

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

Been an awful summer.

Stagnating.

Wish we had stagnated, feels more like we've gone backwards compared to our league rivals. Well our passing is definitely going backwards anyway 

It's funny that I'm the least enthasutic about this coming season as I can remember, and we finished 4th last season!

:duntmatter:

I said this before any pre season games, midfield more or less the same pathetic , he said we would bring players in before season started what's happened can't even see us getting into the play offs, look at other clubs most done their business, and as for FFP Wolves,Forest, Leeds I can go on we're behind everyone, and don't mention last season apart from a few games absolutely dross,Carlos should have gone after the play offs he can only get the team playing exactly the same hasn't learnt a thing.

Seriously can't be bothered. I though after Hudds ( which was the best chance we'll ever get) that we'd have a few players leave and a few come in. Boyd is a good signing I'm but us fans are moody sods, we want excitement to keep us going through the closed season. We didn't even have oitp to keep us going.

We don't look or play any different to last season and to this end we will still get beaten by poor teams.

We have no idea when the kit will come out or even what it looks like. The marketing, advertisement and public relations side of the club is laughable. 

It all seems to be going a bit Vincent Tan.

Other than that the youth team looks good and we'll probably win more than we'll lose so hopefully a player in this week, kit launch win at Preston and everything will be Rosy!

2 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Simply nothing has changed bannan is left to play his own little game in the middle which makes us lightweight and poor going forward...he has to be dropped but I fear that won't happen...I'm worried

agree mate 

don't get me wrong love BB but he is the answer and the problem (if that's possible) 

IF he has to play every match he needs to be further forward not playing left back cover 

2 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Simply nothing has changed bannan is left to play his own little game in the middle which makes us lightweight and poor going forward...he has to be dropped but I fear that won't happen...I'm worried

Me too, full backs dire today and what does jones offer to exite, ff, please get on with what you do best and stop looking for fouls etc.

3/10 Dawning on me we are not going to mount a serious challenge if we don't change and the signs are the manager isn't prepared to. Poor standard of football for the outlay and a failure to address old problems is the killer for me. Hopefully I am wrong but I can't see it.

Milky was a fair description as we lack bottle...

3 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Agreed.

Carlos has to stop building the team around Bannan 

Atm there is nothing to be positive about. I watched today's game on i-follow and almost fell asleep! The rest of pre-season doesn't seem to have been very encouraging either. 

CC seems to have lost all the plot to me as there is no creativity, energy, determination or even team spirit, looking at today's performance.