Lucas Joao - The man to fire us Up.

Guest RocketOwl

13 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Why does he get a chance to prove doubters wrong and Lucas doesn't?

He has already done more in a wednesday shirt. Is not in his prime yet and has more to his game then the limited Rhodes.

Seriously someone get a stat of Rhodes last 80 chanpionship

starts to goals ratio. If he is to be given the support then Joao should benefit from the same.

Because Joao has been here two seasons and bar a couple of games in 2015 he's been utter tripe and that's being generous. 

I don't even know what people saw in him anyway , although Jeremy Helan proves Wednesday fans are fooled by pace when the player is actually useless 

This will be the 3rd season we have said he has potential and it will be his season. 

At what point do we stop saying this? 

I think Lucas has to realise his potential first then we can go from there. He seems a arms around the shoulder player. 

Joao has got to bulk up during the summer for starters. He also needs to buy a pair of shooting boots because his finishing has been poor this season, though he has found some excellent positions. He has potential but we said that a year ago and he has failed to grasp his chance.

18 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Next season is Joao season. From our strikers he's the only one with pace and the ability to glide past people. He can easily have a season like Kodija or Abrahams. He's cut from the same cloth .

Now here we have a striker with everything. Pace, mobility, trickery and can finish when confident as proven away at Brentford and home to Huddersfield - quality finishes.

Yet for some reason our fans have written him off. He's never been given the run Rhodes has been given or the support. Joao would have scored more than 3 had he been given Rhodes run. He needs support from the fans and coaching staff because if he gets going there will be no stopping him.

Give him the same support as Rhodes, have we not learned our lesson with Antonio. 

I predict Joao will blossom this year. 

Never been given a run?? When he came back from injury he played 8 or 9 on the bounce and never looked like scoring!!

Some folk must follow a different team to me.

I hope so. But I also hope Rhodes silences the critics with 20 goals. Anyone that gets the privalige to get selected to play in a Wednesday shirt gets my support after the last two seasons. It was tragic for 15 years I'm embracing the ups and downs that we have ahead. It's great to be a Wednesday fan again

If Joao plays like he did vs Hull at home and Arsenal at home he'll be in the side. 

But it he won't. So he won't. 

He he had a chance to knuckle down at Blackburn and according to their fans he was very poor. 

14 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

We're not in a position where we should, or have to, take gambles on players.

Joao hasn't worked out.  We move on.  If we try him again, then someone else loses out.  Does anyone seriously believe that Joao should start ahead of Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Rhodes or Winnall?  If so, please back up your argument with evidence.

Yep me, based on how we play, Joao would be better challenging for the role Fletcher plays Well better than Rhodes, Winnall or Nuhiu. Both Forestieri and Hooper play a slightly different role, linking the midfield with the attack.

We've already taken a huge gamble, agreeing to pay that sort of money for a striker who doesn't even fit our system. I'll put the argument to you, knowing how we play, can you see any logic for shelling out £10m for Jordan Rhodes? If so, can you back up your argument with evidence?

The main argument seems to be, in another system, Rhodes would be a great player. Well we don't play another system, in another system, Joao, or any other player for that matter, might thrive, we have to deal with the reality here

38 minutes ago, Carbone said:

No chance. He's scared of any contact after he lost his tooth.

He'll end up playing for a low table La Liga team.

Well if that's the case, and it isn't us, I hope it's Malaga

25 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yep me, based on how we play, Joao would be better challenging for the role Fletcher plays Well better than Rhodes, Winnall or Nuhiu. Both Forestieri and Hooper play a slightly different role, linking the midfield with the attack.

We've already taken a huge gamble, agreeing to pay that sort of money for a striker who doesn't even fit our system. I'll put the argument to you, knowing how we play, can you see any logic for shelling out £10m for Jordan Rhodes? If so, can you back up your argument with evidence?

The main argument seems to be, in another system, Rhodes would be a great player. Well we don't play another system, in another system, Joao, or any other player for that matter, might thrive, we have to deal with the reality here

You make a very valid point about needing players and system to compliment each other. However, Rhodes has proven goalscoring records at several clubs each with different players, tactics, styles and managers. Joao does not have that same record. In fact, based on each of their last thirty appearances for us (if Rhodes even has that) Rhodes has more goals in this system he apparently doesn't fit into. Not to mention we score more goals as a team when Rhodes plays. 

If we play Rhodes regularly next season, and we play with two fast wingers, I am convinced that Rhodes will score for fun. In fact I'll even put a friendly wager on it. If Rhodes starts twenty games for us next season, he will score 15 plus goals. 

Edited by i used to be sc_owl

46 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

You make a very valid point about needing players and system to compliment each other. However, Rhodes has proven goalscoring records at several clubs each with different players, tactics, styles and managers. Joao does not have that same record. In fact, based on each of their last thirty appearances for us (if Rhodes even has that) Rhodes has more goals in this system he apparently doesn't fit into. Not to mention we score more goals as a team when Rhodes plays. 

If we play Rhodes regularly next season, and we play with two fast wingers, I am convinced that Rhodes will score for fun. In fact I'll even put a friendly wager on it. If Rhodes starts twenty games for us next season, he will score 15 plus goals. 

No, I absolutely concede that Jordan Rhodes has the better scoring record. There is no doubt, that at this level, in the not too distant past, he has been one of the best goal scorers in the division. This isn't in any way a personal attack on Rhodes. My argument has always been, why pay that much to sign a player who is so wrong for our system. I think the point about Rhodes being more beneficial to the team is debatable, certainly when I've seen them, the Joao/Hooper or Joao/Forestieri look a more effective combination. Rhodes would always deliver more goals, he's a goal scorer, and that's what he does, but is he the best player for the team dynamic?

Joao, at least does give us that element of raw pace, and as I'm yet to be convinced that we will actually play two quick wingers, I still can't see what Rhodes will bring to the team. As things stand, his best role is his current one, a goal scorer to bring on when we're running out of ideas. Quite frankly, that is a waste of his talents, and the clubs money

Our results improved and he made an impact when he came back into the side mid-season, including the Wolves away game.

Really want him to show the kind of form when he first joined - for some reason he lost all his confidence, would seem that getting that back would get us a real player again, but I'm struggling to see it happening, unfortunately.