Lucas Joao - The man to fire us Up.

Guest RocketOwl

49 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Next season is Joao season. From our strikers he's the only one with pace and the ability to glide past people. He can easily have a season like Kodija or Abrahams. He's cut from the same cloth .

Now here we have a striker with everything. Pace, mobility, trickery and can finish when confident as proven away at Brentford and home to Huddersfield - quality finishes.

Yet for some reason our fans have written him off. He's never been given the run Rhodes has been given or the support. Joao would have scored more than 3 had he been given Rhodes run. He needs support from the fans and coaching staff because if he gets going there will be no stopping him.

Give him the same support as Rhodes, have we not learned our lesson with Antonio. 

I predict Joao will blossom this year. 

Rhodes has had no support, hence the reason he has only scored 3 goals. 

19 minutes ago, raljex said:

The difference between him and the rest of the strikers is that he still has the potential to improve. We have a lot of players in their late 20's/early 30's that have already peaked.

Maybe he does, but he has been here for two years and not managed to force his way into the team . He how now dropped to 7th choice striker. 

He's done nothing to prove he will make a top championship striker. Personally don't understand why people think he has bags of potential. Pace is his main attribute but he isn't the full package and imo doesn't have much potential. I remember someone on here saying early last season that he has the potential to be a top 4 premier league striker! I said then that his level is the championship and I stick by it, lower championship at that.  

He could... weather he will is another matter.

For me him and Fessi up top works best. Him stretching the defence brings the best out of Fessi but it's all about if he gets and takes a chance.

Hooper fit will be first choice I believe. I am still hoping we get out of the Rhodes deal.

6 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

He's done nothing to prove he will make a top championship striker. Personally don't understand why people think he has bags of potential. Pace is his main attribute but he isn't the full package and imo doesn't have much potential. I remember someone on here saying early last season that he has the potential to be a top 4 premier league striker! I said then that his level is the championship and I stick by it, lower championship at that.  

The goals against Brentford then Arsenal were both fantastic. I think a few (me included) think that if he could do this then he may be able to reproduce that form. I can't put my finger on what's missing but like you say there's something not there. I watched him early this season and he didn't seem to know where he was   There was some skill in flashes but over a game with that pace and skill and a bit of power when needed he should be better. 

We have much better than him. Can see him leaving one way or another. He just seems to lightweight for a Championship striker. He has shown glimpses of real quality but the rest of the time looked lost on the pitch. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

1 hour ago, RocketOwl said:

Why does he get a chance to prove doubters wrong and Lucas doesn't?

He has already done more in a wednesday shirt. Is not in his prime yet and has more to his game then the limited Rhodes.

Seriously someone get a stat of Rhodes last 80 chanpionship

starts to goals ratio. If he is to be given the support then Joao should benefit from the same.

Rhodes has scored 34 goals in his last 80 Championship starts, which is a goal every 2.3 games.

João has scored 1 in his 25 Championship starts, which is a goal every 25 games (obviously).

Joao won't be leaving yet I'm sure he was signed as a 21 year old with raw talent still only 23 he as got one more season to get his head down and show what he can do !

people forget money is not a issue he was brought in as a potential player and I'm sure CC won't give up on him just yet ...

2 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Next season is Joao season. From our strikers he's the only one with pace and the ability to glide past people. He can easily have a season like Kodija or Abrahams. He's cut from the same cloth .

Now here we have a striker with everything. Pace, mobility, trickery and can finish when confident as proven away at Brentford and home to Huddersfield - quality finishes.

Yet for some reason our fans have written him off. He's never been given the run Rhodes has been given or the support. Joao would have scored more than 3 had he been given Rhodes run. He needs support from the fans and coaching staff because if he gets going there will be no stopping him.

Give him the same support as Rhodes, have we not learned our lesson with Antonio. 

you dont believe that, its just another ***** about rhodes {err female dog} lol

Edited by 1963owl
filter

He doesn't have a good enough 1st touch to succeed as a top end Championship striker, he's been here 2 years and barley improved. Been on loan and Blackburn and done nothing.

He was signed as a risk which hasn't paid off, wish him luck and move him on. 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

It may well be, but it will be for a different team.  He isn't good enough.  He's behind Nuhiu in the pecking order which says it all!

We're not in a position where we should, or have to, take gambles on players.

Joao hasn't worked out.  We move on.  If we try him again, then someone else loses out.  Does anyone seriously believe that Joao should start ahead of Hooper, Fletcher, Forestieri, Rhodes or Winnall?  If so, please back up your argument with evidence.

7 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Fu@k off tailface

11 hours ago, ANDY said:

Sorry Rocket..

next season will be Jordan Rhodes season, he will be out to prove a point and all the doubters wrong

I'd love nothing more than this mate but it will only happen if we play to his strengths, simple as. We have the firepower let's utilise it to its maximum potential.

Edited by Morepork