Breaking News - Carlos To Sign New Contract

We simply have to make some savvy additions. Wingers, centre half and changes to full backs. If Carlos does this we're well on our way again. If he buys even more strikers I'll go down to Middlewood road and" gi im a slap wi a wet salmon round is dial"

Very happy with this news.

Continuity off the pitch is exactly what we needed. A few changes on it and we could be looking at automatic promotion.

Thankfully we won't be falling into the trap that so many teams seem to do and that's sacking a manager every 12-18 months and having to clear the decks and re-start time and time again.

Guess now Silva has become  available  and the Porto gig disappeared, looked more likely.

I was an outer last year, but come back round and on balance pleased as continuity probably  the most important thing to maintain momentum with this group of players.

He knows this league and we are a big hitter, he needs to change mindset to reflect this, worry less about the opposites and impose our brand of football....an attacking brand.

When we go a goal up, dont sit back, go and get a second....and third etc. Had we approached the Huddersfield game in this manner we may have been looking forward to a trip to Wembley. Fine margins, if we can improve by another two league places next season, will be very happy!

DC has given him tools to challenge in this league and sure he will have more to spend....looking forward to next season.

Edited by striker

That's made my day. 

Now let's all give him the support that he deserves...he's a top man.

I was having nightmares about Pardew, Pearson, Moyes and Hodgson.... Christ, just writing those names makes me break out into a cold sweat.

Good news.

I bet that meeting went from coffees, to red wine, to Jaeger Bombs followed by a trip to the wh0re house to sniff some coke off a prostitutes arsecheek. 

Edited by jambler

1 hour ago, JoshTheOwl said:

DC has bottled it. 

Perfect opportunity to get a manager in with a proven track record. 

Instead it'll be another season of seeing Carlos trying to play 3 centre midfielders when it's so painfully obvious it doesn't work. 

Bottled it?

Id say it's rather the opposite.

He showed with Stuart Gray that he won't dilly dally in getting rid. And with Carlos it would have been just as easy, and would please a lot of "fans". He's made the tough choice. He's got bottle aplenty.

Playing devil's advocate - why would Carlos revert back to his playing style of 2015/16 when that got us sixth place but we got fourth this season? Surely the sensible thing is to carry on with this season's style but to improve it?

Not my view just giving another argument.

Guest wilyfox

Very pleased. Progress each season. We're heading in the right direction. Let's get the job done next year.