Poll: Should Carlos Stay?

Should Carlos Stay?  

901 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Carlos to stay or do you think it's time for a change?

• Carlos to stay
    • It's time for a change

This poll is closed to new votes

37 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Or chopping and changing for any other poo out there. I shudder at the mentions of who gets tipped for us.

We know full well what happens when keep changing managers.

Carlos is a special manager, if we let him go we'll come to regret it

Nobody is wanting us to appoint any sort of poo manager.

I have enough trust in this owner now to believe he will either bring in someone he rates better or leave Carlos in charge.

That's assuming of course that Carlos is minded to stay.

37 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Or chopping and changing for any other poo out there. I shudder at the mentions of who gets tipped for us.

We know full well what happens when keep changing managers.

Carlos is a special manager, if we let him go we'll come to regret it

He's a "special" manager because.....

....nothing to do with the new Chairman and the money spent.....

...its because......

Do tell us Ron?

5 minutes ago, Highbury Owl said:

He's a "special" manager because.....

....nothing to do with the new Chairman and the money spent.....

...its because......

Do tell us Ron?

Cos he's cute and speaks in a foreign accent? He's seduced at least half of the fan base with this, seemingly. lol

Edited by Almat

For me, we need to give Carlos another season. Like any manager, he's made some mistakes, but the overall progress that we've made under his leadership has been great, and two consecutive playoff finishes should not be underestimated.

Stability is such an underrated virtue in football, but it's what we need more than anything at this juncture. Carlos has had two seasons to get to grips with Championship football and to build a squad - he's best placed to decide what's needed to give us that extra bit to nudge us another couple of places up the table. I'm sure that as long as the club are able to recruit the players he identifies as key targets, then the minor tweaking Carlos is likely to oversee will stand us in better stead than the complete overhaul that a new manager may well want to instigate.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

Go

. For his feeble and predictable play off performance alone. Out with a whimper would be putting it mildly, and I am still fuming 

Also for his failure to effectively utilize the millions he has spent. Our strikeforce is a complete clusterfucked mess, with some unhappy heads in it

For hanging out rhodes to dry and leaving able, prolific strikers in winnall in the dark

For playing 3 CM's in a must win game

For consistently parking the bus and not attacking teams, Passing back at every opportunity. Holding out for 1-0's when it would occasionally be in our best interests not to

Very nice and respectful guy, but I don't exaggerate when I say this was the year for us. Hate reverting back to his managerial history but it's there for all to see and isn't a coincidence

I'd like to see what another manager could do with DC's backing, we haven't seen that under his leadership as of yet

The question is whether his affiliation with CC is too strong to break? As mentioned they've been together since day one. Something to bear in mind 

2 hours ago, Magnajoe said:

At the evening with Hirst and Sheridan last night they were telling everyone he's getting chopped, Argentinian lined up to replace him.

Mixed emotions personally, but what will be will be.

This the same David Hirst that no longer has anything to do with the club? The same Sheridan that hasn't really had a role at the club since he left?

If DC already had someone lined up he wouldn't be waiting to meet with Carlos next week. He would have said goodbye after the game & moved on.

18 minutes ago, Chardron said:

@A12owl nobody is saying that another manager would get us automatics, however I'm of the view that neither can Carlos (nor can he win the play offs) so why not take the punt.

So had Hooper & Lee come back 2 months earlier you don't think we'd have made autos? I think we'd have been very close. The 6 game winning streak doesn't come just through luck.

We lost the chance of autos by a slow start to the season which maybe should have been expected after the play off final. The Forestieri situation didn't help despite Carlos and Chansiri both playing that situation superbly. Then a two month sticky period where Hutchinson, Wallace, Lee, Abdi, Hooper & Forestieri were all missing for a parts of it.

38 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'm not voting because I'm still not 100% sure. 

Part of me says give him next season simply because of his win ratio. 

Other part of me says get rid because of some of negative football trying to see out games once we go in front instead of going on to get more goals with attractive attacking football.

I now think he dropped a clanger against Huddersfield by going for draw in first leg thinking we'd turn them over easily at Hillsborough in front of our own supporters.

Letting them control game at Huddersfield gave them some much needed confidence when what we should have done is go at them right from start after they had just had some defeats conceding lots of goals. 

Good post.

I went with stay, but completely agree with this.

38 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'm not voting because I'm still not 100% sure. 

Part of me says give him next season simply because of his win ratio. 

Other part of me says get rid because of some of negative football trying to see out games once we go in front instead of going on to get more goals with attractive attacking football.

I now think he dropped a clanger against Huddersfield by going for draw in first leg thinking we'd turn them over easily at Hillsborough in front of our own supporters.

Letting them control game at Huddersfield gave them some much needed confidence when what we should have done is go at them right from start after they had just had some defeats conceding lots of goals. 

That is exactly my viewpoint. 

I can do no other than sit firmly on the fence with this and let other people and other factors decide. If Carlos is still Head Coach, I am 100% behind him to succeed and all that I want is to put this season's disappointment behind us and really have a crack at the top two next season.

I think anybody off here would have got us to the play offs

Nothing spectacular in getting the best squad in the division into the play offs

I think we underachieved tbh - both in final league position and the whimpering surrender in the play offs

Pretty dismal imo

12 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

So had Hooper & Lee come back 2 months earlier you don't think we'd have made autos? I think we'd have been very close. The 6 game winning streak doesn't come just through luck.

We lost the chance of autos by a slow start to the season which maybe should have been expected after the play off final. The Forestieri situation didn't help despite Carlos and Chansiri both playing that situation superbly. Then a two month sticky period where Hutchinson, Wallace, Lee, Abdi, Hooper & Forestieri were all missing for a parts of it.

See my earlier post for my comment on the 6 game win streak.

1 minute ago, scram said:

Nothing spectacular in getting the best squad in the division into the play offs

I think we underachieved tbh - both in final league position and the whimpering surrender in the play offs

Pretty dismal imo

A touch exaggerated but I agree with the gist. I am sure at the beginning of the season, the targets set within the club were a top six finish which was achieved. So basically he did more or less what was expected of him, nothing more and nothing less. Certainly not a great managerial feat as some try to suggest on here. There was also enough in the season to suggest things could have been better and in the cold light of day, it would not have taken much of an uplift to have been challenging for a top two position. The mitigating circumstance was the injury list but aggravating factors include what appeared to be messy recruitment and not utilising playing resources to the extent that they should have been (and what appears on occasions to be based on favouritism rather than what could get the job done most effectively).

The end analysis for me - ambivalence, if he stays he stays and I wish him all the best in a quest for the automatics next season. If he goes, it wouldn't surprise me in the least either.

While we show improvement I am more than happy for Carlos to stay and while the football wasn't as good the results where. I hope he strengthens the defence mainly a new centre back as this would give the midfield greater freedom going forward. My only concern is a slow start would put a lot of pressure on Carlos and I wouldn't want to start again mid season 

18 minutes ago, scram said:

Pretty dismal imo

what a load of tosh  mate .......................I can think of at least 5 who wouldn't stand a chance .............I voted stay coz apart from dean smith there;s no viable options for me and I doubt chansiri would know who dean smith is

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I voted stay coz apart from dean smith there;s no viable options for me and I doubt chansiri would know who dean smith is

TBF though, there was no viable option when Gray went, doubt many would have heard of CC