Poll: Should Carlos Stay?

Should Carlos Stay?  

901 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Carlos to stay or do you think it's time for a change?

• Carlos to stay
    • It's time for a change

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

but people wanting him to go ought to add this to the thought process as 'bad to watch' or 'unsuccessful' in terms of promotion as the season ultimately was Derby, Norwich, Villa, Wolves, leeds Birmingham and Forest all with mega money behind them would've swapped for the chance we had but blew on penalties 

I don't think we should be judging our success by the failure of others personally. I doubt Pep Guardiola is explaining to his board that he's done a good job this season because Man Utd & potentially Arsenal haven't finished in the top 4. 

I think we must have the managerial situation resolved next week. Then if required get the new manager in within days to sort out the players he wants to keep etc and who he wants to sign 

we must go into next season ready to be a top two side from the start. As waiting till end of August to sign any key players could waste 5 league games

Edited by Southie_Owl

Love Carlos. Just a bit of tinkering with the system and he'll get us promoted.

Leicester kept faith with Pearson for the third season (after they lost their play off semi final) and they went up as champions. Exactly the same with Brighton and Hughton. 

Carlos will know that we need to play a more expansive brand of football and he also knows the changes that will need to be made.

Keep the faith.

20 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I don't think we should be judging our success by the failure of others personally.

:columbo:I think you'll find that's how getting promotion from a league works 

10 minutes ago, steelowl said:

:columbo:I think you'll find that's how getting promotion from a league works 

Ok so next season we don't need to improve our own team we just need to hope that at least 6 of the top sides have a bad season. If that's Carlos' game plan I will be worried

:duntmatter:

He should go in my opinion, we achieved what we did this season in terms of league finish in spite of him and not because of him. Not many managers would do any worse with that squad at their disposal.

He should go because over the course of the season the team never really got going, the odd game aside. For the vast majority of it, we looked disjointed and had 2 very isolated strikers. The players ground out results in spite of this. 

He spent big, but never gave a lot of the signings a chance. Abdi, Winnall, Mcmanaman etc. He stuck with his tried and tested despite them playing really poorly for long periods of time. Bannan was immense on Wednesday, but dismal most of the season, yet appeared week in week out whilst Abdi was benched. Same goes for Wallace, he had a good purple patch but it was clear we didn't create enough, so we signed Mcmanaman. An exciting signing, but he was never given a chance.

Tactics- he stuck with the same formation all season despite barely creating anything for the strikers whilst also getting over-ran in midfield at times. 

The play-offs- far too defensive the first leg and not much better the second leg, but again there was no change in tactics over the course of the two legs to try and change the flow of the games? The fact that we resorted to Bannan, Lee and Hutchinson in that rigid midfield, says it all. That is a combination that really didn't work, no one would argue with that surely? That line-up was one player off the team from the final last year, it wasn't good enough then and it's not now. 

This year hurts so much more because I genuinely believe had we got our tactics right and gone for it, we were the strongest team in there. Instead we went out with a whimper and we go back to a Championship which will be harder again next year.

Nice guy, but time for some new ideas and a manager who will get the best out a talented squad.  

It's a heart wrencher, is this one! We all love Carlos - cool, charismatic, charming, suave, intelligent.

Just don't think he will get us promoted. I think this was his chance this season!

Personally, I think he will go back to Portugal and that will be that.

I just hope we make the right appointment who we all like and get the best out of our players. The system needs changing - whether it's 3-5-2, 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, I don't know. 

I think it's time for a change.

Apart from the boring football that has been served up this last season,

there has also been a misuse of resources with players recruited who carlos was reluctant to use.

The squad/team is also one dimensional with a lack of pace and power.

The recruitment was also puzzling with obvious weaknesses not addressed.

22 minutes ago, Think tank said:

He should go in my opinion, we achieved what we did this season in terms of league finish in spite of him and not because of him. Not many managers would do any worse with that squad at their disposal.

He should go because over the course of the season the team never really got going, the odd game aside. For the vast majority of it, we looked disjointed and had 2 very isolated strikers. The players ground out results in spite of this. 

He spent big, but never gave a lot of the signings a chance. Abdi, Winnall, Mcmanaman etc. He stuck with his tried and tested despite them playing really poorly for long periods of time. Bannan was immense on Wednesday, but dismal most of the season, yet appeared week in week out whilst Abdi was benched. Same goes for Wallace, he had a good purple patch but it was clear we didn't create enough, so we signed Mcmanaman. An exciting signing, but he was never given a chance.

Tactics- he stuck with the same formation all season despite barely creating anything for the strikers whilst also getting over-ran in midfield at times. 

The play-offs- far too defensive the first leg and not much better the second leg, but again there was no change in tactics over the course of the two legs to try and change the flow of the games? The fact that we resorted to Bannan, Lee and Hutchinson in that rigid midfield, says it all. That is a combination that really didn't work, no one would argue with that surely? That line-up was one player off the team from the final last year, it wasn't good enough then and it's not now. 

This year hurts so much more because I genuinely believe had we got our tactics right and gone for it, we were the strongest team in there. Instead we went out with a whimper and we go back to a Championship which will be harder again next year.

Nice guy, but time for some new ideas and a manager who will get the best out a talented squad.  

Well summed up, going out with a whimper is why it hurts so much - it feels like we didn't have a proper go at it. 

No matter what any of our hot headed knee jerk reactionary fans say, we had a great season. 

We have bright future with a pretty decent manager. Hopefully he learns from each loss. 

Now on to worrying about our new kits...

14 hours ago, JodieejoSWFC said:

Carlos to stay...he has got us to the playoffs twice back to back.I know we didn't get the result that we wanted but ..he loves the team  and the players love him...Hutch wouldnt be playing if it wasnt for him also he loves the fans.

So you will be happy for us to stay a team that nearly does it every season because of these points?

59 minutes ago, Garry Powell said:

voted stay, but its not our call. DC or CC will decide. Bring back Burtenshaw/Pleat/ Yorath /Eustace etc we were unbeatable then wernt we

So we don't change the manager because we have had bad ones before, if we hadn't changed managers we would never had Charlton, Wilkinson, Atkinson, Sturrock, Jones who all got us promoted

so where would we be if we hadn't sacked managers in the past?

He's gotta go.

The whole transfer policy and the use of those players when they arrived was a farce.

We just need a manager who can make simple obvious decisions, and be fearless, knowing he has the best players at his disposal. 

For me that manager would be Paul Heckinbottom.  

17 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

He's gotta go.

The whole transfer policy and the use of those players when they arrived was a farce.

We just need a manager who can make simple obvious decisions, and be fearless, knowing he has the best players at his disposal. 

For me that manager would be Paul Heckinbottom.  

You've gotta be joking right ?

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

You've gotta be joking right ?

What the Heckinbottom bit?

I like his attitude and how he comes across. Also great football. 

My choice in November was Wagner but obviously that ship has sailed.