Poll: Should Carlos Stay?

Should Carlos Stay?  

901 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Carlos to stay or do you think it's time for a change?

• Carlos to stay
    • It's time for a change

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, HarryJ said:

Really can't believe we are having this poll. I appreciate CC may have some faults but they pale into insignificance compared to all the managers that have gone before him, certainly back to Atkinson. He has achieved consistently since he arrived and built up a competitive team that can adapt to different situations and play with a confidence. Not since the early 90s have we seen this.

The one thing we DON'T do is play with confidence. 

3 hours ago, the third man said:

wasn't hutch injured in the semi last year?

sure it was Lopez that played, and Hutch came back in the final because he was fit again, another example of changing a team just because someone was fit and had to play

Hutch came on at half time in the away leg after my nerves had been shot in the first half.

If he hadn't we might not have made Wembley!

In the middle of all this speculation I've heard there's a manager who 2 years running narrowly missed out in the play offs, won 6 in a row in the run in, outplayed Arsenal, beat Newcastle home and away and finished 4th in the league with half a team injured. Should we be in for this guy?  

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

Hutch came on at half time in the away leg after my nerves had been shot in the first half.

If he hadn't we might not have made Wembley!

Cheers, but I think he was talking about the home leg, where there was no comparison to the way we played then and against Huddersfield this season anyway

Edited by the third man

55 minutes ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

In the middle of all this speculation I've heard there's a manager who 2 years running narrowly missed out in the play offs, won 6 in a row in the run in, outplayed Arsenal, beat Newcastle home and away and finished 4th in the league with half a team injured. Should we be in for this guy?  

Is this the same manager who signs ;loads of players then didn't play them?

played not to lose the most important match of the season not to lose then lost?

couldn't beat Burton home or away?

threw away matches at Leeds and Brighton that were there for the taking?

if so then I wouldn't want him

bet Newcastle really regret losing those two matches, look at what it cost them at the end of the season

2 hours ago, the third man said:

Is this the same manager who signs ;loads of players then didn't play them?

played not to lose the most important match of the season not to lose then lost?

couldn't beat Burton home or away?

threw away matches at Leeds and Brighton that were there for the taking?

if so then I wouldn't want him

bet Newcastle really regret losing those two matches, look at what it cost them at the end of the season

I realise I'm not going to convince you and respect everyone's opinion, but we lost to Hull by a 25 yard screamer and to Huddersfield on penalties, so both were close, however he lined up (and I would have preferred a more attacking line up last Wednesday as well), our big squad proved essential in the end (even Semedo), you can't blame Carlos for missed penalties at Brighton or Leeds (I agree would could have won both). I've see every name under the sun on these pages - Monk (allowed his team to bottle it), Jokanovic (finished below us), Pearson (was a disaster at Derby)!  I accept lots of people are disappointed and sometimes we had to grind out results that weren't pretty but in the 50 years I've been watching Wednesday Carlos is probably the best footballing coach we've had. It's just an opinion and I may get pulled apart but I want him to stay and build on these past 2 years. Let's have this chat again in October if he's still here and see where we are. 

2 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

I realise I'm not going to convince you and respect everyone's opinion, but we lost to Hull by a 25 yard screamer and to Huddersfield on penalties, so both were close, however he lined up (and I would have preferred a more attacking line up last Wednesday as well), our big squad proved essential in the end (even Semedo), you can't blame Carlos for missed penalties at Brighton or Leeds (I agree would could have won both). I've see every name under the sun on these pages - Monk (allowed his team to bottle it), Jokanovic (finished below us), Pearson (was a disaster at Derby)!  I accept lots of people are disappointed and sometimes we had to grind out results that weren't pretty but in the 50 years I've been watching Wednesday Carlos is probably the best footballing coach we've had. It's just an opinion and I may get pulled apart but I want him to stay and build on these past 2 years. Let's have this chat again in October if he's still here and see where we are. 

Well said sir !!!!

3 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Jokanovic hasn't has over 40m to spend on his team which btw finished 4th bottom last season. He is the man to take us forward.

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Jokanovic hasn't has over 40m to spend on his team which btw finished 4th bottom last season. He is the man to take us forward.

I'd imagine the investment in Fulham over the past decade dwarfs ours. The infrastructure, academy, technical team, scouting network etc... was funded by Premier League money and parachute payments. They may not have spent as heavily in the past two seasons, but we've been playing catch-up in a major way after the best part of two decades being left to wither on the vine. To expect our recent spending to suddenly see us automatically leapfrog teams with a decade or more of established investment which has given them a solid base from which to build is a bit unrealistic.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Jokanovic is a good coach, and if we didn't have Carlos I'd be delighted with Jokanovic. But Carlos is also a good coach. There are 4 or 5 players who should go, but most of those the club bought are good investments and have started to come good, or will do. Many of the teams who get out of the Championship knock on the door for a few years, and are often better for it. Leicester, Burnley, Brighton, Watford, Bournemouth were all up there for a few years building a solid foundation. I'm disappointed like everyone but that doesn't mean we throw away one of our best assets. 

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Again,no bugger knows how much Carlos has spent,but the figure has risen £6 million already from the last person who quoted how much had been spent,quite laughable really.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 21:34, the third man said:

can anyone give a reason why we have played the way we have for most of the season with the players he had at his disposal

can anyone give a good reason why we started on Wednesday with 10 of last seasons play off final team with all the players we have signed this season 

Can anyone give a good reason why he should stay, except we don't want this person or that

No I can't but we haven't got a choice.