Poll: Should Carlos Stay?

Should Carlos Stay?  

901 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Carlos to stay or do you think it's time for a change?

• Carlos to stay
    • It's time for a change

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, the third man said:

can anyone give a reason why we have played the way we have for most of the season with the players he had at his disposal

can anyone give a good reason why we started on Wednesday with 10 of last seasons play off final team with all the players we have signed this season 

Can anyone give a good reason why he should stay, except we don't want this person or that

Clinging on to what you know is comforting for some folk.

I suspect Chansiri, being the succesful businessman he has become, is not one of them.

A business has to adapt and change if it is to thrive.

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

I would say stay and learn from his mistakes he's made I.E bringing nuhiu on when it should have been winnall. Also go back to fast flowing football as other teams hated it.

But are there any guarantees he would? He seems incredibly stubborn and doesn't cope with pressure too well. Not a great combination...

5 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I would say stay and learn from his mistakes he's made I.E bringing nuhiu on when it should have been winnall. Also go back to fast flowing football as other teams hated it.

Was this the same mistake he made at Wembley bringing on Nuhiu and Helen to score goals against Hull

the same mistake in playing for a draw in a one off cup tie, Wembley and Huddersfield

He has had a year to learn but keeps repeating the same mistakes

50 minutes ago, Magnajoe said:

At the evening with Hirst and Sheridan last night they were telling everyone he's getting chopped, Argentinian lined up to replace him.

Mixed emotions personally, but what will be will be.

Where was this event held?

12 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Clinging on to what you know is comforting for some folk.

I suspect Chansiri, being the succesful businessman he has become, is not one of them.

A business has to adapt and change if it is to thrive.

Or chopping and changing for any other poo out there. I shudder at the mentions of who gets tipped for us.

We know full well what happens when keep changing managers.

Carlos is a special manager, if we let him go we'll come to regret it

Really surprised a poll was allowed.

My view is really strongly that he must go.

However, mine is a minority view and I think it's really admirable loyalty and gratitude being shown.

29 minutes ago, modboy said:

i though we had turned a corner then the playoffs happened and he bottled it by playing CMs out wide, FF in the hole, and Hutch as a quarterback

All the things that have made us look disjointed for 80% of the season

Baffling 

In a nutshell for me too.

I just don't think Carlos will change his style or approach, and unfortunately i don't think his approach is suited to a top two finish. 

We need to stop being so bloody cautious. With the firepower we have had this season we should have put sides to the sword. We may have lost a few more games but I'm damn sure we would have won more points overall from turning draws to wins. 

For me, giving Carlos enough of a chance next season is a huge risk. I want him to succeed so much but I don't feel it will happen. Be nice to part ways now rather than seeing him hounded out in December when I think we will be on the fringe of the play offs again while he's struggling to find his best eleven. 

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Really surprised a poll was allowed.

My view is really strongly that he must go.

However, mine is a minority view and I think it's really admirable loyalty and gratitude being shown.

As is mine. Have to say I'm really surprised the majority are for him staying (I know it's a very small poll sample), especially as the hurt from Wednesday night must still be very real. 

Edited by Almat

There's no doubt he's done a great job. There's no doubt that play-off's two seasons in a row is no mean feat.

For me though, playing 10 of the same 11 players who played last year's final was the nail in the coffin (would have been the same 11 if Hooper was fit). We all know that CC doesn't have the deciding vote on who we sign and that is clear to see.

It's criminal bringing Nuhiu on when we need a winning goal yet leaving Winnall on the bench. It was criminal taking Fletcher off yet leaving FF on who was completely ineffective and clearly not fit.

It's not a coincidence that we went on a winning streak when Hutch wasn't fit (not being able to shoehorn 3 CM's into the team).

He will continue to do the same next season, therefore it's time to go

46 minutes ago, modboy said:

i want us to play fast attacking football like Fulham

Frustrating thing is that CC could be the man to offer us that, but last season tactics were awful (entertainment wise)

Fast lol. It's what we want but under cc never happen.

1 hour ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Jesus.....Carlos stay please !

My worry is wally with the brolly been at our last few games ......... noooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

He`s been at everyone`s games. Footballs equivalent of a cheap hooker.  

1 hour ago, Magnajoe said:

At the evening with Hirst and Sheridan last night they were telling everyone he's getting chopped, Argentinian lined up to replace him.

Mixed emotions personally, but what will be will be.

1 hour ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Jesus.....Carlos stay please !

My worry is wally with the brolly been at our last few games ......... noooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

Maybe it's the wally putting on a fake Argentinian accent. He's got form...

How about getting Demolition Dave back, he's available, for me, it's not a time to change, Carlos is the best we have had since Ron & Jack, look at Ferguson, how he (eventually) turned around Manure, time and backing is of the essence here, two more seasons and lets see where we are.

Get rid of some (all) of the deadwood that steals a wage and the ones that really don't want to play 100% for us, bring in some quality replacements and well will be fine.

I'm not voting because I'm still not 100% sure. 

Part of me says give him next season simply because of his win ratio. 

Other part of me says get rid because of some of negative football trying to see out games once we go in front instead of going on to get more goals with attractive attacking football.

I now think he dropped a clanger against Huddersfield by going for draw in first leg thinking we'd turn them over easily at Hillsborough in front of our own supporters.

Letting them control game at Huddersfield gave them some much needed confidence when what we should have done is go at them right from start after they had just had some defeats conceding lots of goals. 

Voted stay. If he wants to go so be it.

It's the club that is important, we will move forward whatever happens.  Managers come and go, so do players.

I hope Mr Chansiri sticks around tho'.