Poll: Should Carlos Stay?

Should Carlos Stay?  

901 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Carlos to stay or do you think it's time for a change?

• Carlos to stay
    • It's time for a change

This poll is closed to new votes

Can't decide personally.

On the one hand, he's got us to fourth in league in spite of some really poorly timed injuries to key players as well as having to deal with the tantrum of our star player on the eve of the new season. I also think that despite the massive squad, he still seems to have maintained a good team spirit, which could quite easily be lost with someone else. On the other hand, we've put together one of the most impressive strikeforces ever seen at this level and we've had far too many games this season where we've created nothing for them.

Difficult, and you've also  got to consider the fact that there is no guarantee the next manager will be a better one.

1 hour ago, Stalybridge Owl said:

How about getting Demolition Dave back, he's available, for me, it's not a time to change, Carlos is the best we have had since Ron & Jack, look at Ferguson, how he (eventually) turned around Manure, time and backing is of the essence here, two more seasons and lets see where we are.

There's no way you can say he's the best we've had since Ron. You don't know how good Sturrock, Gray, Laws or Megson could have been with the same backing.

I'd love to think that if we stick with CC he'll get more out the squad next season, but there's nothing - absolutely nothing - to suggest that he'll do that.

I still can't get my head around why he set us up to play the way he has this season. He's claimed our style was found out by opposition coaches, but I'm sorry, that's just nonsense because we pretty much started the season playing this way. He's talked about our injuries, and we've had them alright; certainly a couple of players have been desperately unlucky, but, we didn't even have Abdi last season, and I just refuse to believe that the only time we should play anything other than cautiously is when Hooper's fit.

I do fret about who we'd bring in, of course I do - we've seen plenty of clubs replace a manager only to fail spectacularly having done so, Birmingham being a great example, but even so, I want us to be going for it. All I can say is that I hope DC would make a wise choice in bringing someone else in, but I'd rather go with that hope than the hope that CC would play the kind of football that he's inexplicably failed to do this season.

22 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

TBF though, there was no viable option when Gray went, doubt many would have heard of CC

me for one ......if he does go I wouldn't be surprised if they pull another out the hat that we've never heard of ........

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Im asking the CC out brigade to name one.

Jacob Semetos.

You probably not heard of him but you will

A bit like when we got CC, nobody had heard of him so he wasn't viable.

Gray thought: my job is safe there is nobody viable so it's impossible to sack me lol

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Did you really accost him in the supermarket ?

What was in his basket ?

lol

He went out for a loaf of bread but ended up spending a freakin' fortune on things he didn't want that will end up in the cupboard unused until he leaves.

:manager:

3 hours ago, Stalybridge Owl said:

How about getting Demolition Dave back, he's available, for me, it's not a time to change, Carlos is the best we have had since Ron & Jack, look at Ferguson, how he (eventually) turned around Manure, time and backing is of the essence here, two more seasons and lets see where we are.

Get rid of some (all) of the deadwood that steals a wage and the ones that really don't want to play 100% for us, bring in some quality replacements and well will be fine.

Are they all deadwood or is Carlos not using them properly?

kieren lee was deadwood to Dave Jones. Mcgeady moved to pne and became their player of the season, our strikers have had their confidence eroded to the point they don't want to take penalties. 

he has to go from me, nice bloke but cant put up with another season like this ,even when we have won many times ive been bored out of my brains or we have held on by skin of our teeth by his tactics ,but I thought put up with it if it gets us to Wembley and promotion ,we need to do something different now it might not work but its worth trying, cant keep buying multi million pound players on big contracts and benching them or out casting them from squad .if we keep him it be same tactics next season bannan lee hutch in midfield all decent players ,but no wingers again to get ball across for those 5 strikers who need service, 2 full backs pudil and hunt who aint good enough, but I would keep hunt as back up , loovens in defence who isn't quick enough ,and of coarse the big man nuhiu , sorry ive had enough of that , I'm a bit shocked that its not more that want him to leave

5 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

He went out for a loaf of bread but ended up spending a freakin' fortune on things he didn't want that will end up in the cupboard unused until he leaves.

:manager:

Brilliant mate.

Finding this difficult to decide at the moment still numb and angry  god knows how DC feels

I never have liked sacking managers quickly  but on reflection that is based on decent likeable blokes in our past who did the best they could with very little financial backing. Carlos seems to me to be a classy charismatic character and likeable damnit, hence my reluctance to say thanks but we need to move on.

As DC will be doing - I'd love the chance to have a long chat with him but to want him to remain in his job I'd love answers 

but people wanting him to go ought to add this to the thought process as 'bad to watch' or 'unsuccessful' in terms of promotion as the season ultimately was Derby, Norwich, Villa, Wolves, leeds Birmingham and Forest all with mega money behind them would've swapped for the chance we had but blew on penalties