Poll: Should Carlos Stay?

Should Carlos Stay?  

901 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Carlos to stay or do you think it's time for a change?

• Carlos to stay
    • It's time for a change

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Bodhidharma said:

What the Heckinbottom bit?

I like his attitude and how he comes across. Also great football. 

My choice in November was Wagner but obviously that ship has sailed. 

Yes of course the "Heckinbottom" bit.

I like Carvalhal's attitude and how he comes across,their football got them diddly.

I'll tell ya something,there isn't one manager out there who would get universal approval by the fans,not one.

If he can get the right blend of his first seasons cavalier football & the negative defensive football of this season then I'd give him another go. If not go for someone like Wagner (if Huddersfield fail) or Heckingbottom or Smith at Brentford. 

We have gone a season where yes some will say we didn't achieve as much as we didn't make the playoff final.

But we did make the playoffs and we did finish higher this season than last. Maybe the football wasn't as exciting as last season but look what was achieved... 

We have had vital players injured and we have only had Rhodes half a season who is the most prolific striker in the championship. 

I'd like to think everyone learns from mistakes and the past, we have all played manager and claimed Carlos should have done this that and the other. We as fans have picked up on what positions need strengthening and what players arnt cutting it, surely Carlos has too.. 

I think given the work he has put in, noticeable requirements in the squad that are needed and injuries that we had to deal with Carlos along with bullen knows the squad and it's qualities as well as faults the most.

If we had gone backwards and finished out of the playoffs I'd agree that a change is needed. The two teams that got promoted... Newcastle had that advantage everyone knew they had and Brighton have been building and adjusting to get promoted... they KEPT their manager over that journey.

I believe Carlos should get another crack at it and hopefully he can build on his experience as a championship manager.

So for me it would be a mistake to let him go if we could keep him... that said if he does go I really hope we replace with someone who can do the job.. no washed up has been failures. 

Just now, Concrete Owl said:

If he can get the right blend of his first seasons cavalier football & the negative defensive football of this season then I'd give him another go. If not go for someone like Wagner (if Huddersfield fail) or Heckingbottom or Smith at Brentford. 

Don't ya just love the owlstalk manager "thought" process,Wagner gets to the playoff final,it must be him we get,cos he's he's done wonders on a shyte budget,Heckinbottom as a suggestion is a joke,and smith at brentford.................why,cos they are hard to beat and play decent football..not done them any good has it................always puts a smile on my face does owlstalk.

52 minutes ago, The Claw said:

why don't you just fik right off with this poll sh@t

Why?

There's clearly a debate to be had and many differing opinions. If we can't discuss it at the end of the season, when can we discuss it?

And there's absolutely no need for the abusive tone.

10 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Don't ya just love the owlstalk manager "thought" process,Wagner gets to the playoff final,it must be him we get,cos he's he's done wonders on a shyte budget,Heckinbottom as a suggestion is a joke,and smith at brentford.................why,cos they are hard to beat and play decent football..not done them any good has it................always puts a smile on my face does owlstalk.

Smile? It makes me wince, these are the type of planks that ring up phone-ins. Embarrassing 

1 hour ago, the third man said:

So we don't change the manager because we have had bad ones before, if we hadn't changed managers we would never had Charlton, Wilkinson, Atkinson, Sturrock, Jones who all got us promoted

so where would we be if we hadn't sacked managers in the past?

i didnt say we should never change manager. But everyone calling for change should remember past mistakes and also where we were before CC became manager

17 hours ago, Magnajoe said:

At the evening with Hirst and Sheridan last night they were telling everyone he's getting chopped, Argentinian lined up to replace him.

Mixed emotions personally, but what will be will be.

Assuming this didn't actually happen? 

I want him to stay because I like him and he has "built" something here. However, our style of play needs to change and I don't think he has that in him. 

Next season the team needs to be built around Rhodes and getting the ball in front of him in the opposition's box. Which means two wingers who will attack fullbacks with pace.

I can't see that happening if Carlos is still in charge. 

We are similiar to Swansea when they got promoted from this league. In that they had a Portuguese coach who made them organised and defensively sound but it took Brendan Rodgers to come in and add the attacking flair to get them promoted 

I think we may have to do the same to make the next step forwards

I think the best scenario would be: Assuming CC wants to stay (not sure about that) but suppose he does. DC renews his 12-month contract, if we are not doing the biz by early/mid December, then he has to go and I don't mean fighting for a play off place, must be in the top 3 with nothing in it points wise. No fooooking about, that's the deal and tbh that's being generous.

1 hour ago, iliveinthenow said:

That settles it. 

Only 1/3 of the CC haters are drowning out the other 2/3's.

I'm sure most of the posters who would like a change don't actually hate CC.If they think that's the way forward for the club so be it , just because you don't agree with them and they don't agree with you're point of view then it's tough. That's why this is a football forum and people will have different views. UTO

2 hours ago, Garry Powell said:

i didnt say we should never change manager. But everyone calling for change should remember past mistakes and also where we were before CC became manager

And maybe we should think about where we could have been without the mostly negative tactics this season

Every time we were on Sky it was mentioned about our negative tactics, so it was well known how we would play, did play in the majority of our matches

Edited by the third man

4 hours ago, Garry Powell said:

voted stay, but its not our call. DC or CC will decide. Bring back Burtenshaw/Pleat/ Yorath /Eustace etc we were unbeatable then wernt we

that's your choice, but we cant compare past managers to carlos, he has spent 34 million ,has over 10 players on over 20k a week , some on a reported 60k a week and sometimes our bench earns more than most championship squads put together . I think this is a very divided subject and it wont be good going into a new season with around 40% of our fan base wanting him out.,a bad start and some old tactics and the atmosphere would soon turn toxic. there were times just before winning run which gary hooper had a lot to do with where a lot of our crowd were getting pretty upset by the performances home and away ,I was thinking after Barnsley game 1-2 more games and crowd would be chanting you don't know what your doing etc.

17 minutes ago, the third man said:

And maybe we should think about where we could have been without the mostly negative tactics this season

Every time we were on Sky it was mentioned about our negative tactics, so it was well known how we would play, did play in the majority of our matches

yer heard that too when I watched back ,cause usually were at games home n away ,keith Andrews was quite critical of our tactics and not having a plan b etc