Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Bluesteel said:

Djourou mentioned as a possible signing by Staton. Former Arsenal and Hamburg, 30 years old. Not sure where that one came from?

At face value he sounds a decent signing, unless he's been out injured all season or something.

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Djourou mentioned as a possible signing by Staton. Former Arsenal and Hamburg, 30 years old. Not sure where that one came from?

At face value he sounds a decent signing, unless he's been out injured all season or something.

He was on my considerably shorter than 200 list last week. If hes fit looks a good signing

Just now, billyblack said:

He was on my considerably shorter than 200 list last week. If hes fit looks a good signing

Yep. I was thinking the other day that someone like Anthony Gardner when he came here is what we need. Djourou is a similar kind of player. Not exactly the big and nasty type but quite calm like Loovens....from what I remember anyway!

33 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I'd be happy with Batth and Mulgrew. Danny did well for us, and has since established himself in the championship - with his best years still right in front of him. Mulgrew a versatile performer with a cracking left peg. I wouldn't complain, given the current market. 

Batth is a clogger.

Would be a retrogressive step.

I think we'd be fooling ourselves if we think another centre back will cure all our ills Sure we do need one, but this team lacks creativity and pace, that much is clear Also, a striker with movement to lead the line

19 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Strikes me as a player that would spend most of his time in the treatment room. Quality when fit but to big a risk imo. 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Strikes me as a player that would spend most of his time in the treatment room. Quality when fit but to big a risk imo. 

Maybe this is the plan. Have Lees and then rotate between any 3 other CB's who might be fit on any given match day.

17 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

CC saying he hopes to hear some news on transfers this week!

I hoped to hear some news on transfers 3 weeks ago but nevermind Carlos, take your time lad.

Edited by sheffield_dave

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I think we'd be fooling ourselves if we think another centre back will cure all our ills Sure we do need one, but this team lacks creativity and pace, that much is clear Also, a striker with movement to lead the line

Agree, needed new fullbacks badly.Needing a CB was just a given really.Think the money to replace Hunt and Pudil to a high enough standard too just not there.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just read a bit up on him, played decent volume of games in last few years and started last season as captain. 

Someone above wuoted as saying he played 20 games last season and he missed a fair few after hamburg exiled him and a few others. 

Free, tall, experienced, better than Pudil....  it's a yes from me. That said so is almost anyone that we could get! I just want a decent (league one or better) level centerback signed before Preston. 

Brazilian Leo Bonatini is set to become Wolves' first striker signing of the summer.

The 23-year-old Al Hilal player is on the verge of completing a season-long loan deal after undergoing a medical at Compton Park today.

The former Cruzeiro youngster has been playing in Saudi Arabia for the past year and netted 15 goals in 36 appearances.

He had previously impressed in the Portuguese top flight for Estoril where he bagged 20 goals in 37 matches in 2015/16 after initially moving from Cruzeiro on loan.

The 6ft striker will become Wolves' fourth loanee and their 11th signing of a busy summer.