Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

His knees are worse than Hutch`s. 

I'd really like assombalonga here, but my forest supporting mates reckon his legs are shot.

Surprisingly large amount of teams still pursuing him though, would be interesting to see how he does in a medical.

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

I'd really like assombalonga here, but my forest supporting mates reckon his legs are shot.

Surprisingly large amount of teams still pursuing him though, would be interesting to see how he does in a medical.

If he was always fit , i would have him here in a shot, but he has had too many long spells out injured for me. I just think we would be buying trouble . Too much of  a gamble for me. 

30 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If he was always fit , i would have him here in a shot, but he has had too many long spells out injured for me. I just think we would be buying trouble . Too much of  a gamble for me. 

This, plus we've already got a surplus of forwards unless we are preparing to offload a couple.

Downing can deliver a ball and take a set piece. Two attributes which we badly need to bring into the side this season and which would improve us immeasurably from last year. I also don't think pace is a huge issue as long as the other player on the opposite flank DOES have it - which we need to address whether we sign Downing or not.

This feels like a smoke screen to me though or papers connecting easy to connect dots. I don't think we are going to pay Downing's wages to sit on the bench or drop £5m Reach after one season.

Guest Bagarri

I know a couple of bouncers who work in Middlesbrough...claim Downing likes a night on the nose flute and is, generally, a d*ck!

...its a no from me...

8 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Downing can deliver a ball and take a set piece. Two attributes which we badly need to bring into the side this season and which would improve us immeasurably from last year. I also don't think pace is a huge issue as long as the other player on the opposite flank DOES have it - which we need to address whether we sign Downing or not.

This feels like a smoke screen to me though or papers connecting easy to connect dots. I don't think we are going to pay Downing's wages to sit on the bench or drop £5m Reach after one season.

100% agree we do need a player that can deliver a ball but surely there must be someone younger with a bit more pace that can do that. Is it really that hard to cross a ball!?! 

20 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

100% agree we do need a player that can deliver a ball but surely there must be someone younger with a bit more pace that can do that. Is it really that hard to cross a ball!?! 

Agreed. We need to look for players who are on some kind of upward trajectory 

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Agreed. 

But Winnall was on an upward trajectory till he came to us.

I don't entirely trust Carlos with signings tbh. So many have come and nor been used. 

Moving to Wednesday is a risk for players unless they are of a certain mould.

22 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Agreed. 

But Winnall was on an upward trajectory till he came to us.

I don't entirely trust Carlos with signings tbh. So many have come and nor been used. 

Moving to Wednesday is a risk for players unless they are of a certain mould.

I don't see why Winnall wouldn't still be on an upward curve. He's gone from league one to genuine premier league candidates in just over a season. It wasn't as if he never got a game.

but in a wider sense yes, unless a player is able to retain possession then CC doesn't always trust them. 

Edited by Bluesteel

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hah, I absolutely agree but it is one of those strange oddities in football isn't it. 

I mean we had Brunt and JJ in the same team at one bit so we've had a live demonstration of that..

10 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

This ^

Plus it's why I would really like us to go for the likes of Joe Bryan; Amari'i Bell, Tomas Kalas, Jackson Irvine, Ben Osborn, Callum Robinson or Tom Lawrence or similar to the likes of those.

Birmingham City are reportedly plotting a move for Australia captain Mark Milligan.

The versatile 31-year-old, who can play in central midfield as well an in defence, skippered the Socceroos during the Confederations Cup in Russia this month.

Australia were knocked out at the group stage after a 1-1 draw with Chile on Sunday but were hailed for their performance in the tournament.

Milligan is thought to be keen on sealing a switch to England following a stint in Abu Dhabi with Baniyas SC.

The Sydney Morning Herald report that his representatives are due to meet in London in a bid to secure a deal, with Blues and and fellow Championship club Burton Albion interested in his services.