Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think we have probably identified 3 or 4 centre backs that we think are of the standard we would like. ( Ayala, Hanley, Morrison and Keogh ) and then it's just seeing who you can get at a reasonable price. For me all of them are of the standard to make a difference to the squad, so that's pleasing to see.

Ayala for me is the best, but I would imagine Monk thinks the same and ain't about to let one of his best players leave. Clearly we think 3 million is the limit for us in terms of Morrison or we would have been back in by now. And then perhaps we are thinking there is not much difference between Hanley and Keogh and that Keogh we be the cheaper of the two. 

So I am expecting Keogh to sign for around about 3 million if I am honest as that seems to be our price bracket. If derby believe he is worth more. Than expect a loan attempt for Hanley later on in the window.

That would be how I am reading the situation at the moment.

You might be right. However, I could see Ayala become available if Monk brings in Bartley or someone else. A couple of players of theirs are close to moves abroad, so they should have quite a lot of money coming in. Some of which I believe they're looking to use to bring in a top striker for this level, and reports are suggesting that could be Wood from Leeds?

I could see us getting Hanley, either permanent or on loan. To me that seems the most likely, capture out of the linked centre backs but I would think other Championship promotion contenders would be interested too?

I think, eventually we will probably get Ayala and Hanley but we may have to be patient. Ayala is the stand out player out of those. He was the Championship player of the year only two seasons ago.

I'm hoping we bring in some younger blood and pace, at full back and in midfield. I could see us loaning one or two players in. My ideal signings would be Ayala; Bryan, Irvine and Lawrence or similar (plus one other centre back).

19 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

You might be right. However, I could see Ayala become available if Monk brings in Bartley or someone else. A couple of players of theirs are close to moves abroad, so they should have quite a lot of money coming in. Some of which I believe they're looking to use to bring in a top striker for this level, and reports are suggesting that could be Wood from Leeds?

I could see us getting Hanley, either permanent or on loan. To me that seems the most likely, capture out of the linked centre backs but I would think other Championship promotion contenders would be interested too?

I think, eventually we will probably get Ayala and Hanley but we may have to be patient. Ayala is the stand out player out of those. He was the Championship player of the year only two seasons ago.

I'm hoping we bring in some younger blood and pace, at full back and in midfield. I could see us loaning one or two players in. My ideal signings would be Ayala; Bryan, Irvine and Lawrence or similar (plus one other centre back).

They are almost certainly going to lose Gibson.

Chambers wont be coming back.

So they have will be without their first choice pairing from last season.

With that in mind, even if they bring Bartley in, I will be amazed if they let Ayala go.  Unless somebody offers them silly money.....

Guest Arnold
7 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Funny that, as that's more or less what FLTransfers/TransfersXI says too :ph34r:

According to FLTransfers/TransfersXI we're getting to new players soon and just waiting for them to be announced... after at least 20 medicals, only for them to turn out someone else, obviously the guy just get's his rumours from owlstalk in the hope of being right...lol

FL Transfers Retweeted Liam

Nothing today. But there are deals done and ready to be announced.

FL Transfers Retweeted Mr Brooke-Allen

One is Richard Keogh. The other is either George Boyd or, more unlikely, Oliver Burke.

I could be transfersX1:columbo:

I say two signings. One being Rhodes. The other a defender. 

I'd rule Daniel Ayala out all together to be honest. Our chance has gone. 

Calum Chambers has returned to Arsenal, as part of his loan deal.

Ben Gibson will not be a Middlesborough player next season, Everton, Tottenham, WBA - all looking to land him for 20m.

They have another South American CB called Bernado Espinosa (former Sevilla) so him and Ayala could pair up.

Squad wise and financially, they're ultra impressive for this level.

Gestede, Bamford, Clayton, Stuani, Ramirez, Guedioura, De Roon..etc..

Then the expensive one's set to leave Ben Gibson and Adama Traore (20m each)

Another tough season ahead.

Edited by bigash_swfc

1 hour ago, Brad_owl said:

The question should be..... Can any new player be competitive in the Premier League?, if the answer is no then we walk away. 

How can we expect to be promoted with Championship journeymen like Keogh. 

Im expecting better, much better. 

If the answer to that is yes, then guess what league they will end end up in? It always amazes me how easy people seem to think this recruitment lark is.

13 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Really don't see Ayala becoming avaliable. hope I am wrong because he would be ideal. 

Firstly I would be amazed if Monk didn't want to keep him even if they do get Bartley as chances are Gibson will be leaving. 

And secondly like Villa last season why are they going to hand us the one thing we crave on a plate. ( top class centre back ) The only way they would is if they needed money which they don't. 

Villa refused to sell us a back up left back. Do we seriously think Boro are going to hand us over one of the divisions best centre backs for anything less than someone ridiculous like 10 million.

We all laugh at speculation linking Westwood to Boro, as we are not going to give them one of our best players, then expect Boro are going to be naive enough to hand over one of theirs. 

Non starter for me that one as much as it pains me to say.

2 hours ago, Ballmeist said:

If these are the sort of players we're after then Carlos will be gone by Christmas. 

Difficult for the club this year.

Most of the players wanted by fans, are going to Prem or F(un)FP clubs.

If we're locked into the Rhodes deal, F(un)FP leaves us with looking for bargains 

1 minute ago, camffiti said:

Difficult for the club this year.

Most of the players wanted by fans, are going to Prem or F(un)FP clubs.

If we're locked into the Rhodes deal, F(un)FP leaves us with looking for bargains 

Could get round it by selling someone? 

But I think we would be best off loaning in some quality young blood. Quite a few of the top players at this level last season were on loan. We only need 4 or 5 players. I could see at least a couple of those being on loan or out of contract?

7 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I really fuuuuuuuucking hope we don't sign Keogh. He's not what we need at center half. In fact, the total opposite.

I'd rather us of kept Sasso then bring Keogh in.

From what I have read alot of Derby fans see him as there best defender.

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

From what I have read alot of Derby fans see him as there best defender.

Can see that. Not got the stats to hand but I would bet that Derby's goals against columns over the last few seasons are up there at the top of the league. It tends to be their attacking play that has failed to deliver hence failed promotion attempts. 

24 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Al'reyt lol

What makes that so hard to believe?

Granted, both are prone to a mistake, but at least Sasso has a bit of pace and actually looks comfortable with the ball at this feet. 

Keogh really isn't the answer to our issues at CH.

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Andy Giddings‏ @Gids1980  48m48 minutes ago

More

#sufc boss CW says John Brayford has been made available for transfer

Can't afford to keep him, just like they ran a mile from Wolves 2.5m asking price for Ethan Ebanks-Landell.

Reality will hit hard next season with Clarke, Sharp, Evans and Lavery as their strikers.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Can't afford to keep him, just like they ran a mile from Wolves 2.5m asking price for Ethan Ebanks-Landell.

Reality will hit hard next season with Clarke, Sharp, Evans and Lavery as their strikers.

Wouldn't mind if we took a look ourselves.