Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

22 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I could be wrong but I don't see Roberts leaving Barnsley unless a Premier League club come in and offer him huge money. He's been linked with Burnley, but Swansea supposedly came in for him in January and he didn't go. I think he is actually a Barnsley fan so getting him to leave may be pretty difficult.

especially to 'that club' ha ha ha

2 hours ago, Ballmeist said:

Matias is not a forward and after last season Hutchinson should be considered a midfielder. You've missed mcgugan so that makes 9. 

9 players for 4/5 positions is not 'well short'. We do however need to bring some variety into the midfield mix because the vast majority of the midfield play through the middle leaving us short on width. 

Matias is not good enough...end of

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

I was going off the squad list on our official website. Mcgugan isnt even on it anywhere. melo isnt on there either. Are they actually counted at all? If Hutch is a midfielder despite every man and his jack russell insisting he should play at CB then we are short in defence. Which one is it, CB or CM?  

Matias fair enough, just going off the official site. Still top heavy and light everywhere else.

We need to sign a couple of players to cover areas but we're not well short as you previously stated. We've just released a load of players and it's early doors in the transfer market.

Hutch played a handful of games at centre back, the rest of the time he's been in midfield. 

Leeds United are one of a number of clubs interested in signing Spanish midfielder Samuel Saiz.
The Yorkshire Evening Post have reported that the players agent has confirmed that Leeds are interested in signing the 26-year-old who is currently at Spanish Second Division side Huesca.
His agent, Juan Moreno, told the YEP, "Samuel has a firm (interest) from Leeds United and also other Premier League clubs in Spain." 
Eibar, Real Betis, Las Palmas and Alaves are also reportedly interested in Saiz.

14 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

If we were going for an Aberdeen player I'd rather have Graeme Shinnie who has been lined up for the captaincy next season, he's excellent. QPR were supposed to have had a £1 million bid for McLean knocked back at the start of the window.

Well The Daily Record are linking McLean with Birmingham and Rangers today.

18 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Matias is not good enough...end of

Hard to make that judgement given he's only started 10 games in his entire time here.

I do hope he manages a full pre season and then remains fit and at least that way we would know for sure.

5 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Hard to make that judgement given he's only started 10 games in his entire time here.

I do hope he manages a full pre season and then remains fit and at least that way we would know for sure.

To my mind that makes the judgement about his worth to the club easier, especially as he got himself sent off in the last match having had very little impact to that point!

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

To my mind that makes the judgement about his worth to the club easier, especially as he got himself sent off in the last match having had very little impact to that point!

Sure at this stage we have to accept he's unlikely to be a success here. I just take issue with people saying he's definitely not good enough when he's hardly played.

The reality is he has 1 year left on his contract and won't now command any sort of fee. He's probably not on mega bucks so I don't see that we have much to lose by keeping him on this season as long as Carlos feels he has something to offer.