Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

12 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

I think so :ph34r:

Paper talk the other day said we're one of a few clubs interested in Jackson Irvine, after the many times I've said we should buy him :manager:

Good work.

I've resigned from my post as Trusted Owlstalk Scout under a cloud after the way my recommendation of Lewis McGugan turned out, so you're the last TOS-er in town.

:duntmatter:

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Good work.

I've resigned from my post as Trusted Owlstalk Scout under a cloud after the way my recommendation of Lewis McGugan turned out, so you're the last TOS-er in town.

:duntmatter:

lol

To be fair though, many of us were delighted when we signed him and wanted us too. No-one really foresaw how it would turn out, apart from a Watford fan at the time, who warned us about his attitude or something.

1 minute ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

lol

To be fair though, many of us were delighted when we signed him and wanted us too. No-one really foresaw how it would turn out, apart from a Watford fan at the time, who warned us about his attitude or something.

This was all before we knew the extent of Chansiri's spending power though wasn't it and at the time regardless of what went on previously, Mcgugan was a must have.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

This was all before we knew the extent of Chansiri's spending power though wasn't it and at the time regardless of what went on previously, Mcgugan was a must have.

There were a few people at the time who didn't think the McGugan signing was a good idea.

I was one of them..

He had been a passenger in quite a few games even in the loan spell. 

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

That's true. He stood out on loan and was seen as a coup at the time due to his experience at this level.

2 hours ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

lol

I should've listened to all my Forest supporting mates. They all said he was a talented player, but 'lazy' and 'temperamental' were mentioned more than a couple of times. 

8 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I should've listened to all my Forest supporting mates. They all said he was a talented player, but 'lazy' and 'temperamental' were mentioned more than a couple of times. 

Yeah this was the thing, there was clearly issues with him as shown by his time at Forest and Watford, but at that point we were so starved of anyone with skill who could do something amazing and get you standing up, we obviously took to him because well, when he can be bothered he is fantastic, and DC when he took over seemed to sign him because we wanted him and its a easy way of trying to get the fans onside with an unkown manager.

Ipswich Town have had a transfer offer for Hibernian midfielder John McGinn rejected by the club according to the Daily Record.

The 22-year-old Glasgow born central midfielder is regarded as one of the brightest young players in the Scottish game and has already made his debut for the Scotland national side.

12 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Yeah this was the thing, there was clearly issues with him as shown by his time at Forest and Watford, but at that point we were so starved of anyone with skill who could do something amazing and get you standing up, we obviously took to him because well, when he can be bothered he is fantastic, and DC when he took over seemed to sign him because we wanted him and its a easy way of trying to get the fans onside with an unkown manager.

I blame the same people that Chansiri ultimately blamed for everything. 

The transfer committee.

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

and the medics

Probably more Carlos blaming them.

Everytime he did an interview the medics would keep making him say two weeks. 

Probably became an little in house running joke for them.

lol

42 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We also got told by Leeds fans that Lees was poor in the air, Sunderland fans told us Westwood was a crock.

Tend not to listen too much to any of them, sometimes a new manager and atmosphere is needed to get the best out of a player.

The one criticism I'd have of Carlos,  is he doesn't seem to have done that with a fair chunk of the squad - mcgugan, matias, joao, lachman, bus, Rhodes, abdi  and winnall have all arrived and either failed to get in, or gone backwards. Some of that I'd down to injuries, but I question why some of them have found chances so limited.

Certainly, matias, abdi and mcgugan would be virtual new signings if they were to be included fully, we've seen so little of them. 

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

We also got told by Leeds fans that Lees was poor in the air, Sunderland fans told us Westwood was a crock.

Tend not to listen too much to any of them, sometimes a new manager and atmosphere is needed to get the best out of a player.

The one criticism I'd have of Carlos,  is he doesn't seem to have done that with a fair chunk of the squad - mcgugan, matias, joao, lachman, bus, Rhodes, abdi  and winnall have all arrived and either failed to get in, or gone backwards. Some of that I'd down to injuries, but I question why some of them have found chances so limited.

Certainly, matias, abdi and mcgugan would be virtual new signings if they were to be included fully, we've seen so little of them. 

Mattias and Abdi both had game time when fit. Problem has been that they are normally injured.

I'd also say Joao has had more than enough chances, we've just moved on on. Rhodes has been in and around the team and will surely play a more central role with a full pre season under his belt. 

Barnsley full-back Andy Yiadom is on the radar of both QPR and Swansea City - but the Premier League side may have hit a snag.

Full-backs with the ability to combine defensive durability with attacking intent are a valuable commodity in the modern game. And a player capable of performing with distinction on both the right and left sides of defence is the sort of signing any manager would dream of.

Nonetheless, it appears that Barnsley’s valuation of Andy Yiadom, a versatile full-back equally adept at either end of the pitch, may have made Swansea City manager Paul Clement think twice about making him a priority this summer.

The Sun claims that the Swans boss is a keen admirer of Yiadom, who featured for Ghana at the Africa Cup of Nations earlier in the year, but will only offer £500,000. Barnsley, however, are demanding that Swansea quadruple that fee to a hefty £2 million, despite the fact he has rejected a new contract and only has 12 months remaining on his current deal.

2 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Barnsley full-back Andy Yiadom is on the radar of both QPR and Swansea City - but the Premier League side may have hit a snag.

Full-backs with the ability to combine defensive durability with attacking intent are a valuable commodity in the modern game. And a player capable of performing with distinction on both the right and left sides of defence is the sort of signing any manager would dream of.

Nonetheless, it appears that Barnsley’s valuation of Andy Yiadom, a versatile full-back equally adept at either end of the pitch, may have made Swansea City manager Paul Clement think twice about making him a priority this summer.

The Sun claims that the Swans boss is a keen admirer of Yiadom, who featured for Ghana at the Africa Cup of Nations earlier in the year, but will only offer £500,000. Barnsley, however, are demanding that Swansea quadruple that fee to a hefty £2 million, despite the fact he has rejected a new contract and only has 12 months remaining on his current deal.

Barnsley are going doooooooooooooowwwwn

2 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Mattias and Abdi both had game time when fit. Problem has been that they are normally injured.

I'd also say Joao has had more than enough chances, we've just moved on on. Rhodes has been in and around the team and will surely play a more central role with a full pre season under his belt. 

I did say some of that was down to injuries. Melo was left off that list for that reason.

Joao, we were told, was one for the future. Then shipped on loan with a deal to sell, which suggests Carlos has lost patience.

Mcgugan is the anomaly - fit, but no game time. I'm sure there's a reason for that, but still - it's another player on the wage bill we never utilise, not even in the cups.