Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Owly Mowly said:

Still think keogh likely to be first signing.

Heading that way. Morrison bid rebuffed. Hanley probably too dear, and Ayala least likely of all. For the right fee, I may have to warm to Keogh. 

18 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Great, ruin one of the few remotely reasonable rumours we have by using real quotes and facts, ffs, what's wrong with some people.lol

Edited by Morepork

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Great, ruin one of the few remotely reasonable rumours we have by using real quotes and facts, ffs, what's wrong with some people.lol

Sorry i think we should all be suffering with the truth together! 

especially after earlier I saw that stupid FL transfers twitter kid saying Keogh was already a done deal

:duntmatter:

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

especially after earlier I saw that stupid FL transfers twitter kid saying Keogh was already a done deal

wait is Fl transfers Penguin or JTO? O get confused these days

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

You're probably right, but I'm worried that if we let truth and fact run amok in this thread we'll set a dangerous precedent! lol

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

i dunno i cant even remember what s6 transfers turned into and i swear that was penguins, God Im getting old.....

You aren't getting old mate it's just your brains natural defence mechanisms kicking in to protect your sanity!! lol

3 hours ago, marcx666 said:

i dunno i cant even remember what s6 transfers turned into and i swear that was penguins, God Im getting old.....

S6Transfers/TransfersXI is what became of JTO66 even though I'm certain he's still on here under a different name :columbo:

not sure who Penguin is but his transfers rumours tend to be too obscure to be the same person :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Arnold said:

I'm going with two signings on Saturday 

Funny that, as that's more or less what FLTransfers/TransfersXI says too :ph34r:

According to FLTransfers/TransfersXI we're getting to new players soon and just waiting for them to be announced... after at least 20 medicals, only for them to turn out someone else, obviously the guy just get's his rumours from owlstalk in the hope of being right...lol

FL Transfers Retweeted Liam

Nothing today. But there are deals done and ready to be announced.

FL Transfers Retweeted Mr Brooke-Allen

One is Richard Keogh. The other is either George Boyd or, more unlikely, Oliver Burke.

22 minutes ago, Milan Missing Marble said:

Funny that, as that's more or less what FLTransfers/TransfersXI says too :ph34r:

According to FLTransfers/TransfersXI we're getting to new players soon and just waiting for them to be announced... after at least 20 medicals, only for them to turn out someone else, obviously the guy just get's his rumours from owlstalk in the hope of being right...lol

FL Transfers Retweeted Liam

Nothing today. But there are deals done and ready to be announced.

FL Transfers Retweeted Mr Brooke-Allen

One is Richard Keogh. The other is either George Boyd or, more unlikely, Oliver Burke.

If its true then would I be right in thinking we are getting near the FFP limit, they are hardly the big names to improve the squad.

11 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

If its true then would I be right in thinking we are getting near the FFP limit, they are hardly the big names to improve the squad.

That is possible and a considerate concern that I share too but thinking about FFP and the spending the likes of Derby have done, and have not come close to breaking FFP, then to me FFP seems just like a lot of hot air. There seem many ways around it and I'm sure we will find ways too or we will sell a few players and trim the wage bill but hopefully hold onto our best players. I don't think we will sign those players mentioned, although I would be ecstatic if we brought in Burke and would be happy with Boyd. I could see some of the new signings being out of contract or loanees? We really do need to add some younger blood, pace and dynamism, which is what excites me about the Burke link, even though it is unlikely, that's the type of player we should really be looking at (i.e. the likes of Lawrence and Irvine).