Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Barnsley full-back Andy Yiadom is on the radar of both QPR and Swansea City - but the Premier League side may have hit a snag.

Full-backs with the ability to combine defensive durability with attacking intent are a valuable commodity in the modern game. And a player capable of performing with distinction on both the right and left sides of defence is the sort of signing any manager would dream of.

Nonetheless, it appears that Barnsley’s valuation of Andy Yiadom, a versatile full-back equally adept at either end of the pitch, may have made Swansea City manager Paul Clement think twice about making him a priority this summer.

The Sun claims that the Swans boss is a keen admirer of Yiadom, who featured for Ghana at the Africa Cup of Nations earlier in the year, but will only offer £500,000. Barnsley, however, are demanding that Swansea quadruple that fee to a hefty £2 million, despite the fact he has rejected a new contract and only has 12 months remaining on his current deal.

He was one I suggested we should go for, on here a while ago. When I mentioned we should upgrade our full backs/wing backs. We should certainly upgrade them to suit the way we play and to add more pace and width to the team. Others we should think about should include the likes of Amari'i Bell; Joe Bryan, Calum Woods, Cyrus Christie and Chris Gunter or similar.

I was thinking about our recruitment strategy over the last two years and it's interesting that we seem to pick up players from certain clubs

Watford 4 - McGugan, Pudil, Forrestieri, Abdi.

Norwich 3 - Hooper, Turner(Loan), Kean.

Burnley 2 - Wallace, Jones.

Middlesborough 2 - Reach, Rhodes.

Crystal Palace 2 - Hunt, Bannan.

Charlton 2 - Wiggins, Fox.

Sunderland 2 - Fletcher, Buckley(Loan).

So the recent links with Ayala, Downing and Boyd have probably got more than a little truth in them?

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

I was thinking about our recruitment strategy over the last two years and it's interesting that we seem to pick up players from certain clubs

So the recent links with Ayala, Downing and Boyd have probably got more than a little truth in them?

For fecks sake don't go back to Charlton .

14 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Nacional 2 - Joao, Matias.

Edited by pazowl55

34 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

19 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Nacional 2 - Joao, Matias.

The press know that we have done business with some of those clubs quite often. So, although there's a pattern to our recruitment, some links to players from those teams could also be lazy journalism too?

40 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

The only way United will get anywhere near 14th, is if the bottom 10 finish on the same points total.

I honestly think they're going to struggle big time. Either tufty is a genius who can get the best out of nobodies or they  are going to spend some money. I don't think either is true.

Bristol City closing in on deal for Angers SCO forward Famara Diedhiou

Championship side Bristol City are close to an agreement with Angers SCO to sign Senegalese forward Famara Diedhiou, according to L’Équipe.

The 24-year-old was close to making a move to China last January.

Ed Aarons of The Guardian says the deal will be done next week.

Huddersfield's popular 6ft 4in German centre-back Michael Hefele is being trailed by a clutch of Championship clubs after helping David Wagner’s men to promotion via the play-offs.

Hefele has been a big success at the Terriers, making 42 appearances and scoring three times, since joining last summer from Dynamo Dresden.

But he has just two years left on his contract and has been offered more cash by Championship clubs including Derby and Norwich.

5 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Huddersfield's popular 6ft 4in German centre-back Michael Hefele is being trailed by a clutch of Championship clubs after helping David Wagner’s men to promotion via the play-offs.

Hefele has been a big success at the Terriers, making 42 appearances and scoring three times, since joining last summer from Dynamo Dresden.

But he has just two years left on his contract and has been offered more cash by Championship clubs including Derby and Norwich.

And your point is?

36 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Think the piggies will do OK this season They're a little bit further down the road with their 3 centre back system Depends if they get off to a good start, but they do have momentum from last season

Nah!

Its now a big step from league 1 to the championship. So many big spending clubs in the championship given foreign investment and also clubs receiving parachute monies.  I see them staying up but they will be bottom 6.

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sorry I thought that this was the transfer rumours thread???

I always read your Midlands updates @Bloxwich Owl so keep em coming.

Incidentally I thought Hafele looked pretty good, could certainly pass the ball out of defence. But having only seen him against us we probably made him look better than he is...

Edited by Morepork

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I've thought about this before 

We mostly go for players from recently promoted clubs, in their mid 20s