Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

On 6/25/2017 at 14:09, SBOwl said:

Barnsley are going doooooooooooooowwwwn

Genuinely wouldn't be so sure about that. I think there'll be regression on last season - but there's a lot of positions for them to regress into without them ending up in the bottom three and I rate Hecky as a manager. They're recruiting some really talented players on cheap deals this summer, the signing of Lindsay will prove to be an excellent one imo.

Also, I'd love Yiadom here, but I would hazard a guess that our fans hurling abuse at him when his shoulder had popped out of place at Oakwell might have spoiled our chances a bit lol

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

I we do have £8-£10m to spend on another major signing, who would people like to see? I think someone who could replace Wallace or Reach, or at least put them under more pressure for their place.

Potential wide midfielders: What about Tom Ince from Derby, he's never proved himself in the Prem but still reasonably young, quick and proven goalscorer from midfield at Derby and Blackpool in the Championship. Or alternatively Jacob Murphy from Norwich playing for England U21s? I've not seen much of him, but if he's in the England squad he must be highly rated as most of those players are fringe Premier League.

If they are out of our price range did many of you see Ryan Kent at Barnsley last season? Right age and Liverpool might be looking to loan him out again. Didn't score many goals but hopefully he'd get more of the ball and chances to attack at Hillsboro.

Ive said same about Kent, look rapid and his deliveries were brilliant. 

Unfortunately, I read last week that Bournemouth were looking to buy him. 

Would be be a great addition if possible. 

Hardest part of this closed season, remaining patient. 

Second hardest, waking up to read Huddersfields transfer activity as they start to spend their bounty.

i just keep telling myself that DC and everyone else at the club must be smarting and more determined than ever. Roll on that first transfer and fingers crossed it's another huge sign of intent.

2 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Second hardest, waking up to read Huddersfields transfer activity as they start to spend their bounty.

i just keep telling myself that DC and everyone else at the club must be smarting and more determined than ever. Roll on that first transfer and fingers crossed it's another huge sign of intent.

yeah im gutted Huddersfield signed a dude who had a sh*te season for porto last season lol

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Its moments like this that remind us what a bo**ock we dropped.

Not read all this thread as I can't keep up. Who's the kid that we have apparently had a bid turned down for from braga?

has anyone done any research or knows anything about it. I can't see a thread on it? But haven't really looked that much. 

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

Its moments like this that remind us what a bo**ock we dropped.

I don't allow myself go there mate, too painful. It's been compartmentalised for my own wellbeing. lol

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

I don't allow myself go there mate, too painful. It's been compartmentalised for my own wellbeing. lol

For me its almost the same as the grieving process, I think I'm over it and then bang I'm right back to square 1, the anger has gone but the disappointment grows with every thought of what an chance we passed up.

6 minutes ago, OughtibridgeOwl said:

Not read all this thread as I can't keep up. Who's the kid that we have apparently had a bid turned down for from braga?

has anyone done any research or knows anything about it. I can't see a thread on it? But haven't really looked that much. 

Pedro Neto, we bid 250k plus Joao, Matias and Melo :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Guest Bagarri

It's hard to get motivated for this new season but don't see the reason in everyone dismissing players like Reach, he could come good! I lived in Leeds and they hated Wood in his first season "why we spunked that money on him"...some players mature! Calm down lads.