Gary hooper

There have been times when I haven't been that convinced with Hooper. But around the time of his injury at Fulham and his return since he has really adapted his game and been a different class. He's been really aggressive and acting as the link player and his instinctive finishing has been better than anyone else's.

Please be fit 

So he allegedly injured himself in training on Friday leaving on crutches...well for all you speculation lovers, his car hasn't moved from training ground since then.

Assuming he was doing lap of honour though it everyone was singing his name!?

4 minutes ago, scram said:

Agree that Hooper had really kicked us on along with Fletchers resurgence

Wouldn't attribute much to Rhodes at all tbh

Butt he could still be pivotal in the play offs for us 

I dont think you can say that. 

At first, the stat that Rhodes is on the pitch for every goal we score is just a coincidence, but not after over 3 months and 18 games. I'm not saying he is playing superbly, but the overall mix just works.

I heard the 'Hooper on crutches' rumour on about Wednesday, so anyone saying it happened Friday is talking rubbish, or he miraculously recovered only to suffer the same fate 48 hours later.

i didn't hear it from a credible source by the way.

Has anyone heard it from anyone credible or is it all mate of a mate stuff?

4 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I heard the 'Hooper on crutches' rumour on about Wednesday, so anyone saying it happened Friday is talking rubbish, or he miraculously recovered only to suffer the same fate 48 hours later.

Im hoping its all a load of rubbish and people have been listening to mates of mates. 

You'd expect our local journos to be all over stuff like this. 

Only thing i know is he certainly hasn't driven his car in a number of days. WTF:

14 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I read the same early in the week 

We can definitely get by without him 

14 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Im hoping its all a load of rubbish and people have been listening to mates of mates. 

You'd expect our local journos to be all over stuff like this. 

Only thing i know is he certainly hasn't driven his car in a number of days. WTF:

Course it hasn't. He's on the 16 pint challenge. Scared his sat nav will play up if he drives.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

It would be a huge loss.  Hooper has been our best player in the last six games.

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

He was definitely on crutches at some point last week.

lol

His link up play on the ground is the best out of any of our strikers. 

Provides that connection between the front line and the midfielders. Also think he works very well with Fletcher who puts himself about physically. 

Hopefully he will be fully fit. 

Class player when he's on it. 

2 hours ago, scram said:

Agree that Hooper had really kicked us on along with Fletchers resurgence

Wouldn't attribute much to Rhodes at all tbh

Butt he could still be pivotal in the play offs for us 

The run continues - Wednesday haven't scored when Rhodes hasn't been on the pitch since he signed in January. I'd say he's had a massive impact!!

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

The run continues - Wednesday haven't scored when Rhodes hasn't been on the pitch since he signed in January. I'd say he's had a massive impact!!

You are making the mistake of correlation = causation

lies, damn lies & statistics...

or are you seriously saying we would not have scored a goal if Rhodes hadn't been signed?

6 hours ago, scram said:

You are making the mistake of correlation = causation

lies, damn lies & statistics...

or are you seriously saying we would not have scored a goal if Rhodes hadn't been signed?

Im sure nobody is saying this.

But  nobody could argue with any conviction that we would have scored as many. His playing has been a catalyst for goals. 

In the 17 matches since he first played, we have scored 27 goals and won 35 points. Both are FAR better than the rest of this season. We could scratch our head and debate why it is working, but ultimately the only thing that matters is that it does work.

I was one of the very very few posters who didn't rave about the prospect of Rhodes coming. I stated many times in such threads that Hooper was a better player and goalscorer. But I am completely convinced that without his signature we would have missed the play-offs this season.

The ability to inter-change Rhodes, Hooper and Fletcher in a proper 442 has transformed our side. We look a team now. We didn't before. We looked like XI very good players. And sometimes not even that when two or three were played out of position.

I am relaxed about his personal goal tally. I have seen that he has had similar quiet spells all career, and then they flow. Hopefully the tap flows on 14th, 17th and 29th.