Gary hooper

31 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

We were 9th when he got injured. 1 win in 5 and struggling to score. 

We then won 10 of our next 15. 

But don't let facts get in the way of your unflinching desire to prove how important he is to us.

In fairness Hooper could score 6 hat tricks in a row and you'd refuse to give him any credit. 

37 minutes ago, vulva said:

Just bring in our £10m striker. Relax. 

Hooper has scored 5 goals this season. I'd be fa more worried about losing Lee, Lees, Westwood, Bannan etc etc. 

Crazy days in S6.

Star headline...

"Wednesday Injury Crisis - Call-up for £10million Record Goal-Scorer"

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

In fairness Hooper could score 6 hat tricks in a row and you'd refuse to give him any credit. 

I do give him credit. He was ridiculously good in the first half against Newcastle and has played well in other games. 

Some of the praise he gets is way ott though. 

I certainly wont be worried about him missing the playoffs. I'd prefer him to be fit of course, as I would with anyone else. But we're more than capable of getting promoted without him imo.

23 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

Big loss, but we won both games against Huddersfield without him and if my memory serves me right one game without Lee. 

The return of Lee I would say is just as, if not more important. 

Lee is a much more important cog in our wheel in my opinion 

Hooper's return has been the perfect storm. When we win people automatically feel everyone has played much better than they actually have. (Vice Versa when we lose)

Like I said the first 45 against Newcastle he was excellent, after that ...... we can definitely manage without him. 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

Lee is a much more important cog in our wheel in my opinion 

Hooper's return has been the perfect storm. When we win people automatically feel everyone has played much better than they actually have. (Vice Versa when we lose)

Like I said the first 45 against Newcastle he was excellent, after that ...... we can definitely manage without him. 

I'm hearing you, BUT in my opinion, no other forward finds those pockets of space like Hooper does. FF yes, but he's not as natural a goal scorer as Hooper is.  

It's a BIG blow but we've got strength in depth, thankfully. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

6 minutes ago, AwokenGiant said:

I'm hearing you, BUT in my opinion, no other forward finds those pockets of space like Hooper does. FF yes, but he's not as natural a goal scorer as Hooper is.  

It's a BIG blow but we've got strength in depth, thankfully. 

I agree, he is a clever player, I just don't think it's a huge panic.

We have very good options without him

He'll be missed that's for sure, but thinking about the likely starting 11 v Udd I'd place a few players above Hooper in the 'important to our team' table.... especially with the alternatives we have up front. 

Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Lee, Wallace - that's 5. All about opinions of course but as I said we have more options up front than we do elsewhere on the pitch.