Time to make our voices heard! Give us our STRIPES.

Guest Grez Bez

As it's 150th anniversary I'd personally like to see the first kit we ever played in.  Which according to the link below is blue and white hoops.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Sheffield_Wednesday/Sheffield_Wednesday.htm

Same

I think we’ve made a massive Boo Boo commercially actually.

This year should have been a standard blue and white striped shirt then next year a hooped shirt. People would have like dit given it’s a one off for the 150th kit and we’d have sold loads.

Having a different kit for 2 years running is now weird.

A small amount of hyperbole is permitted on a forum surely.

lol

Having said that - it's only a bloody colour, it's only 22 bloody blokes kicking a bag of wind about.   Everything about following Wednesday is irrational. 

Some things more / less irrational than others, so that argument isn't really relevant here.

But go on, I'd love to see how many people protested to a bloke putting millions in improving our club on and off the pitch, about where a bit of white is on the flipping shirt.

Much prefer stripes, but no way can I get worked up about this. Quite looking forward to seeing the design, and will rush to buy one for my boys.

There is SO MUCH  to be delighted about. If DC wants us in blue chest/white sleeves I can easily live with it.

Following football is completely irrational. Getting so worked up about some blokes we've never met kicking a ball round a field is a very curious business. 

And we all have different levels of irrationality - different r*d lines. For some it's the colours, for some it's the ground, for some it's the stripes, for some it's the traditions. For some there are no lines.

I genuinely don't like seeing the players in the current kit. To me it doesn't feel like Wednesday. It's a non-descript shirt chosen by some bloke who has his own totally irrational dislike of stripes.  

There's only any point fighting battles like this if you can win. He holds all the cards. roger me he gets away with charging nigh on £50 for a televised Division Two game. I make my own little protest by resorting to Toffs.  If you're sick of the whingeing - don't read the threads they are pretty obvious. 

But go on, I'd love to see how many people protested to a bloke putting millions in improving our club on and off the pitch, about where a bit of white is on the flipping shirt.

That was the strangest thing for me this season when people were kicking off about the shirt.

It's still a blue and white striped shirt ( a nice looking one too imo ) but god forbid the white stripes be a few centimetres too narrow.

Just seems that when things are going as well as they are, this is the weirdest shaped stick to try and beat the club with

Some things more / less irrational than others, so that argument isn't really relevant here.

Because of course he's doing it entirely for charity. 

Edited by rickygoo

Because of course he'd doing it entirely for charity. 

There might be a bit of charity involved, if he's prepared to take a loss of income on the shirts as obviously everyone hates them.

If he was in it solely for the money he would be wringing every opportunity to get a bit more money out of the fans, that's just not logical. 

I doubt there will any white at all on the 2018 / 19 home kit, it's Mr Chansiri's club and he'll dress his players the way he wants to dress them, there's a few people on here that really need to start to realise this, I'd love stripes back personally but I'm not daft enough to think it will ever happen whilst Mr Chansiri is the owner .

I agree they are more important things to worry about in life then the Sheffield Wednesday home kit.

But that does not stop me hating the current one. I have had to bit my lip a couple of times when friends come to games wearing the god dam awful thing.

Hate the proposed new one as well. Sorry just doesn't feel like Sheffield Wednesday to me.

Sure plenty will buy it at £55 which in modern football all that counts.

Because of course he's doing it entirely for charity. 

Of course he's not. 

What a stupid, irrelevant point. 

SWFC is Mr C's vanity project, pet project or whatever you want to call it; something that he can gloat about to his mates and rich friends. 

That's the reality of modern football. It's not particularly nice, but if we want to relevant then that's how it goes. 

Would you rather have us pi55ing about in League One with blue and white stripes? 

There might be a bit of charity involved, if he's prepared to take a loss of income on the shirts as obviously everyone hates them.

If he was in it solely for the money he would be wringing every opportunity to get a bit more money out of the fans, that's just not logical. 

There's no charity involved. Why would there be? He's the wealthy son of a bloke that sells tuna. He has no link to Wednesday or Sheffield. It's a hobby and it's  about ego and/or making money.  He charged £49 on Saturday. 

I agree they are more important things to worry about in life then the Sheffield Wednesday home kit.

But that does not stop me hating the current one. I have had to bit my lip a couple of times when friends come to games wearing the god dam awful thing.

Hate the proposed new one as well. Sorry just doesn't feel like Sheffield Wednesday to me.

Sure plenty will buy it at £55 which in modern football all that counts.

I'm more than sure that any poll asking if you prefer the new or old kit the old kit would win hands down every time, even I would vote for the old kit.

It's when you start breaking it down and thinking of the consequences, then in the bigger scheme of thing's it's something most of us can live with.

He has stated that he won't change the colours and respects the club's traditions he just doesn't like stripes and having spent millions and prepared to spend millions more then yes I think he is entitled to massage his ego and play in the kit of his choice.  I know if I had bought the club I'd have the same frame of mind.

There's no charity involved. Why would there be? He's the wealthy son of a bloke that sells tuna. He has no link to Wednesday or Sheffield. It's a hobby and it's  about ego and/or making money.  He charged £49 on Saturday. 

So why is he prepared to make a loss on the shirts?  He could sell thousands more if he listened to you and make even more money.  

What's so bad if he is doing it for his ego?  Making money???   Good grief you are right, you are you irrational.

lol