Farewell my friends

1 hour ago, Ian_D said:

I wonder if Tranmere fans hate Liverpool or Everton in the same way that toytown hate us

For there to be true rivalry, clubs have to play each other regularly I'd say. There probably is ill feeling amongst Tranmere fans, but that's doubtless because of a feeling that the local media are biased. Millers fans think that the local media here are biased towards the Sheffield clubs too. Which is only what we feel about Look North, the Yorkshire Post, etc, a fact proved with The War of the Monster Trucks. No matter how successful Wednesday are compared to Leeds, they will always get more publicity simply because the media is based there.

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

For there to be true rivalry, clubs have to play each other regularly I'd say. There probably is ill feeling amongst Tranmere fans, but that's doubtless because of a feeling that the local media are biased. Millers fans think that the local media here are biased towards the Sheffield clubs too. Which is only what we feel about Look North, the Yorkshire Post, etc, a fact proved with The War of the Monster Trucks. No matter how successful Wednesday are compared to Leeds, they will always get more publicity simply because the media is based there.

True but I love it when a rov'rum, donny, dingle or chezzy fan rings up radio SHEFFIELD and says something along the lines of "why d'ya alwizz talk b'out the two deedar teams?!"

i think the clues in the name 

also this deedar thing from mainly rov'rum and tarn fans... 

the rotherham accent is a Sheffield one if you were suffering from a stroke so sounds a hell of a lot worse and the dingle accent is thicker than a Sheffield one as they say dee and dar a hell of a lot more than sheffieldiers do!

so I don't get it! Deedar is about as hurtful insult wise as Wendy's 

lol 

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I agree that it shows they got under his skin, it would for most. But I'm not sure they are better off without him.

I dont think it does mate

they gave him plenty of abuse for wanting to improve his chances for himself and his family by moving up

He got the opportunity to give some back.

Good for him

3 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Our season was over a long time ago but I'm surprised by the pessimism shown by some of the threads on here. I'm guessing this is the second best season you've had in the last 15 or 20 years and many of you are acting like you're going down!

Wednesday should beat us easily tomorrow and then it's all to play for to get back in the playoffs. 

Anyway I'm looking forward to the game, as I always do, and having a few beers so hoping for a decent game.

One other thing. You obviously have a good player in Winnall but he's let himself down with his behaviour at Barnsley. He showed complete lack of class with his celebration and it only proved how much the Barnsley fans had got to him. Why not celebrate with his own fans?

He's a lot to learn in that respect and in my opinion Barnsley are better off without a player with his mindset.

UTM

Fuckoff to your own forums you Toytowncunt.

3 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Nothing to do with where you were born is it? I was born in Sheffield but I'm Rotherham to the core!

Oh here we go, shoes on the other foot and it's all okay? 

As I've told you before, born in Sheffield, moved to Rotherham as a young'un. 

So I'm more of a truefan© than you??

5 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Our season was over a long time ago but I'm surprised by the pessimism shown by some of the threads on here. I'm guessing this is the second best season you've had in the last 15 or 20 years and many of you are acting like you're going down!

Wednesday should beat us easily tomorrow and then it's all to play for to get back in the playoffs. 

Anyway I'm looking forward to the game, as I always do, and having a few beers so hoping for a decent game.

One other thing. You obviously have a good player in Winnall but he's let himself down with his behaviour at Barnsley. He showed complete lack of class with his celebration and it only proved how much the Barnsley fans had got to him. Why not celebrate with his own fans?

He's a lot to learn in that respect and in my opinion Barnsley are better off without a player with his mindset.

UTM

Pathetic.

It's all the rage to accuse people of "showing a lack of class" at the moment. If the Barnsley fans can give it out to him he's entitled to give it back. I couldn't believe it when some of the pigs said the same about Rooney after his late penalty, and even a couple of Wednesday fans when Man City scored their late winner against us.

It's football FFS, scoring goals is what it's all about. 

2 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

I dont think it does mate

they gave him plenty of abuse for wanting to improve his chances for himself and his family by moving up

He got the opportunity to give some back.

Good for him

I'm really glad he gave them some back, but just by scoring and celebrating your giving them some. His celebration was like a big F you which only happens when it has had an effect on a player. I think it's good, players are human after all and they do hear the Sheite some people say.

7 hours ago, AlanLee said:

UTM

Image result for oh dear oh dear

6 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

:tango: You weren't the only one who thought he was a dingle. Took me a while to work out who the f00k he supported too. 

lolgeneral point is valid - why people are having a go at him is beyond me, got stick / gave stick back they need to get a grip - it's not about class