Farewell my friends

9 hours ago, LJH1867OWLS said:

True but I love it when a rov'rum, donny, dingle or chezzy fan rings up radio SHEFFIELD and says something along the lines of "why d'ya alwizz talk b'out the two deedar teams?!"

i think the clues in the name 

also this deedar thing from mainly rov'rum and tarn fans... 

the rotherham accent is a Sheffield one if you were suffering from a stroke so sounds a hell of a lot worse and the dingle accent is thicker than a Sheffield one as they say dee and dar a hell of a lot more than sheffieldiers do!

so I don't get it! Deedar is about as hurtful insult wise as Wendy's 

lol 

I've always wondered about this deedar thing. I've heard people say it, but not often. Is it associated with any particular part  of the city? Was it associated wit the steel industry? Barnsley fans reckon that saying weekeet and creekeet for wicket and cricket was associated with the mines. Maybe saying dee and dar is just a natural linguistic development. In Dutch and German, our closest relatives, that has happened. So that is dat in Dutch, and das in German.

9 hours ago, LJH1867OWLS said:

True but I love it when a rov'rum, donny, dingle or chezzy fan rings up radio SHEFFIELD and says something along the lines of "why d'ya alwizz talk b'out the two deedar teams?!"

i think the clues in the name 

also this deedar thing from mainly rov'rum and tarn fans... 

the rotherham accent is a Sheffield one if you were suffering from a stroke so sounds a hell of a lot worse and the dingle accent is thicker than a Sheffield one as they say dee and dar a hell of a lot more than sheffieldiers do!

so I don't get it! Deedar is about as hurtful insult wise as Wendy's 

lol 

I was on about this with some dingles other day. How can it be an insult  to us? Like insulting someone from Newcastle by calling them a geordie.

11 hours ago, AlanLee said:

Sorry I don't converse with Rotherham Owls. I only talk to genuine Wednesday fans from Sheffield. Happy to answer questions from them.

A bit of a contradiction, you have conversed with him, to tell him you aren't going to converse with him. Suppose it makes sense in your little head though.

From an Owl born and bred in Sheffield. (Though that only has any relevance to you)

Edited by OWL1969

2 minutes ago, WhiteyBFC said:

Knowing Winnall, he was always going to give it the big un if he scored. He's that sort of lad. 

I found it all added to the event. Like a panto villain. A bit WWF or whatever it's called these days. 

Used to love that, the villain would get in the ring and slag everything off about the city he was in.....the local sport team was bobbar, the people in the city were morons, then slag off a local hero.... before a good guy wrestler would run to the ring and kick seven bells out of him lol

8 hours ago, RichieB said:

Used to love that, the villain would get in the ring and slag everything off about the city he was in.....the local sport team was bobbar, the people in the city were morons, then slag off a local hero.... before a good guy wrestler would run to the ring and kick seven bells out of him lol

Exactly that. I suppose Angus' last minute leveller was the good guy wrestler. 

I understand why some of our fans weren't happy and understand why Winnall reacted as he did. But there are bigger things to get upset about in the world. 

Anyway the pressure is obviously on Wednesday tonight. It'll be interesting to see how the game pans out and how Fulham do at Derby. They looked poor on Saturday but that aside they are one of the form teams.

If Wednesday don't make the play offs then its a good test to see how long Chansiri is prepared to keep putting the money in. If he keeps up the investment then its a matter of time before promotion is achieved but if he pulls out, which I don't think he will, then the bobbar would hit the fan financially.

From my point of view Wednesday in the premier league is very bad new for us so I'm hoping it never happens. The same goes for the Blades as well.

2 minutes ago, AlanLee said:

Anyway the pressure is obviously on Wednesday tonight. It'll be interesting to see how the game pans out and how Fulham do at Derby. They looked poor on Saturday but that aside they are one of the form teams.

If Wednesday don't make the play offs then its a good test to see how long Chansiri is prepared to keep putting the money in. If he keeps up the investment then its a matter of time before promotion is achieved but if he pulls out, which I don't think he will, then the bobbar would hit the fan financially.

From my point of view Wednesday in the premier league is very bad new for us so I'm hoping it never happens. The same goes for the Blades as well.

I cant disagree that the pressure is on Wednesday tonight. Can see Rotherhams tactics being like an away side of sitting deep and breaking away when they can. Longer games goes on without Wednesday in the lead the more frustrated our players and crowd will become. Still predicting a (narrow) Wednesday win

Every club who has a big rich sugar daddy is relaying on them not to get bored and lose interest and Wednesday are no different. Only guesswork on how Chansiri will react if we don't get promotion soon but we don't really have any choice to give him the benefit of the doubt that he will still underwrite any losses.

Not sure how you set a side up that is in Rotherham's position. Obvs you can't tell the them the result is important. You have to bang on about pride I guess but can you be proud about parking the bus and maybe still losing? Would you be proud if you go for it and get mauled?

I suppose it will be something in between which hopefully will give us a chance to play.

It could actually be the BEST season we've had in the last 15 to 20 years.  It's not finished yet.   Lots of teams scramble into 6th and go up.  Yes- you'd think we lost 6-0 at Barnsley.

And he's right about Winnall.   Barnsley fans were paying his wages not long ago.  He should have shown them some respect.

Wednesdayites used to boo Chris Brunt but he didn't celebrate when he scored at Hillsboro for WBA.