Carlos outers - who do you want then?

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Give job to asteener as he won't tolerate rubbish and would wield the axe :biggrin:

Theres a poster on here that doesn't post much lately, if at all....and I met him on the inter city Owl going to Bristol City some years ago....

He asked me which player I thought was the most influential during recent times..I said "Michael Reddy"..I reckon he's still laughin' lol

I am no judge...honest

5 hours ago, dfoster said:

Genuinely interested to hear who you guys think are good candidates to improve the club.

They dont have a genuine alternate , they just have a meltdown after a defeat . 

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Course they are....this thread is a testament to it isn't it?....just because folk disagree with what you post doesn't make it a f.ookin' conspiracy Ellis...

Have your posts been censored?..Have they disappeared/....course they haven't...

If you question the ability of Owlstalkers to pick a coach...surely their opinion of sacking one is equally invalid isn't it?.....

It's a bit more black and white when you can measure the performances of the current coach wouldn't you agree?

8 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

It's a bit more black and white when you can measure the performances of the current coach wouldn't you agree?

No mate

I wouldn't agree

Its hardly a black and white argument when you are arguing about a coach in situ and an unknown coach who would do f.ook knows what

Hows that black and white ?

its  50 shades of bloody conjecture 

Edited by asteener1867

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

We are in the top 6 now

Complete guess work on both counts.

What if they are worse?

In the end, it's all guesswork. We're in the top six at present, but will we be this time next week? Even if we stay in the top six, will we win them? I could win the national lottery next week, but it's my guess that I won't. There's guessing, and then there's guessing, if you see what I mean. Incidentally, does anyone know what our current odds of promotion actually are? The bookies make a living - and a good one - at getting these things right.

5 hours ago, barmyowl1212 said:

Anyone up for Zola getting us out of this league? :ph34r:

I'd have who Zola replaced. Heckingbottom hasn't done three bad up the raid either. But no doubt it will come from abroad, not that I'm saying its a bad thing.

but a lot of the cc lovers are the same that wet there pants when gray got sacked and after the first month of cc last season. It's football, managers will always come and go. Results talk 

43 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

I'd have who Zola replaced. Heckingbottom hasn't done three bad up the raid either. But no doubt it will come from abroad, not that I'm saying its a bad thing.

but a lot of the cc lovers are the same that wet there pants when gray got sacked and after the first month of cc last season. It's football, managers will always come and go. Results talk 

I suppose I would be classed as a CC lover. Gray needed sacking long before he was. Carlos has been a sea change to our club and it would be a sad day if we sacked him. The replacements mentioned are akin to the crap we've had for the last 15 yrs. There's been some reyt dross put forward and not one I would have over Carlos.

i would have thought us Wednesday fans would know that chopping/ changing managers on a regular basis does not work.

3 minutes ago, 3mps said:

Eddie Howe 

The only possible way that would happen is if Bournemouth were relegated and he got the sack. Neither is going to happen imo. Plus he was pants at Burnley so a question mark there...

Luckily for fellow owls fans I'm not chansiri as my choices of possible replacements are shocking! 

I'd either go for a recent ex player with a winning mentality like Vieira, Gerrard or Giggs. Or an experienced manager in Michael O'Neill or Pearson.

I'd also sound out if owls fan Rodgers would leave the champions league for the championship and expect a big fat no 

I'm not expecting a call for my advice in the summer 

:duntmatter:

I would have switched manager before Xmas.

At this stage, my opinion is give him until the end of the season.

However, if we don't go up my shortlist would be:-

Wagner (if Huddersfield don't go up)

Stam (if Reading don't go

up)

Jokanovic (if Fulham don't go up)

Monk (if Leeds don't go

up - might not be as far fetched as it sounds because Cellino is a nut job)

All of the above managers have coped with far smaller budgets than Carlos had this season OR LAST.

Our apparently superior budget should attract all but Monk

who admittedly is a long shot.

Other managers that have clearly over performed in

comparison to their budget are Warburton and Rowett.

The managers most likely to get us promoted without needing to change the squad much are Neil Warnock and Mick

McCarthy. They would easily be the best choices but I don't think 99% of our fanbase will agree with me lol