Carlos outers - who do you want then?

Just now, markowl said:

You talk in riddles.

In your opinion it's unacceptable to be consistently in the top 6 two seasons running, but getting a team relegated makes someone the best manager ever. 

lol

Won promotion and the only silverware since 1935. What's Carlos done? Oh yeah lost at Wembley against a very average mighty hull city. Big Ron only beat Man Utd, don't know if you have heard of them before, the same mufc that beat Barca in the European cup afew weeks later. 

Have not ever said ron is our best ever manager, do get that fact correct first 

5 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

Won promotion and the only silverware since 1935. What's Carlos done? Oh yeah lost at Wembley against a very average mighty hull city. Big Ron only beat Man Utd, don't know if you have heard of them before, the same mufc that beat Barca in the European cup afew weeks later. 

Deep breaths 

9 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

What I'm saying, if you'll stop and listen, is if people like you had the same tolerance levels back then, Ron Atkinson wouldn't have been our manager to get us promoted.

Because the whingers would have wanted someone 'better'.

And they beat a very average Barcelona in the Cup Winners Cup.

Edited by markowl

7 minutes ago, markowl said:

People have different opinions. 

Stop being so precious. 

Iam precious. But they still wouldn't have got him the sack. Fans were far more vocal back then and nobody ever called for rons head. We all believed from the first day of the following season we would go up. Hence about 10k going to Ipswich. Get your point on the moaning but difference is we knew ron could change it. Cc won't 

Just now, ViolaOwls said:

Iam precious. But they still wouldn't have got him the sack. Fans were far more vocal back then and nobody ever called for rons head. We all believed from the first day of the following season we would go up. Hence about 10k going to Ipswich. Get your point on the moaning but difference is we knew ron could change it. Cc won't 

OK. 

Pick me the lottery numbers while you're at it.

On 12/03/2017 at 14:09, dfoster said:

We'll get a serious one in a minute.

Is this a serious thread?

It's embarrassing. I bet the Carlos out brigade fit into broadly speaking two camps: the extra 10k who have appeared over the last 12 months, bought a 3 year season ticket and expect an instant return on their investment.   Or those who are never satisfied.  The "Francis out" brigade from '95. After two cup finals, finishes of 3rd, 7th and 7th, they were not satisfied with a mid table premier finish in '95. I often wonder how many of the "Francis out" brigade and those wanting Carlos out witnessed the drubbings at the likes of Stockport, Exeter, Stevenage, Southend, Orient in recent times, or the low of not beating 9 man Yeovil  at home in 2011. 

I am behind Carlos this season and next.