Carlos outers - who do you want then?

I'm not a Carlos out fan but he does frustrate me. I think we had our best chance of going up last season when we carried a bit of the unknown with us as dark horses. If at the end of the season DC does decide to change things then I hope we get in someone British who knows the leagues.

While it won't be out of the question that Carlos might lose his job if we miss out on promotion, I do feel it's unlikely. Mr Chansiri seems to like stability, and as long as there has been progress, Carlos should continue. The problem for Carlos, and it's one of his own making, is how can he convince DC that progress has been made. Obviously, promotion would do it. Losing in the final, and he'd still be walking a tightrope, given the lack of entertainment on offer this season.

Personally, as long as we reach the play offs, I'd be happy to go again with the Portuguese, on the proviso that he returns to the high tempo attacking football of last season. From DC's point of view, I'd insist that there can be no more wholesale recruitment, and a more targeted approach is needed. For me, we are too far into the project, to make an about turn, but we really do need to establish a clear identity, and operate a more streamlined squad

Edited by gurujuan

37 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

But this approach only works if we have a replacement lined up who is an improvement on Carlos. The worst possible thing we could do would be sack Carlos and appoint someone simply on the basis that we might benefit from a new manager bounce. What happens if we appoint someone like Rowett just because he's available and then don't go up? We are stuck with him then.

If we wait until the summer we will have a stronger idea of what the best course of action is with regards to Carlos (i.e. we go up he stays, we miss playoffs he goes). And there will be more and better options available in terms of available replacements if that turns out to be the route we go down.

Well, we can't know that, and Chansiri is hardly likely to broadcast what he thinks privately. Mandy would have looked behind the scenes I think, but Chansiri's an unknown quantity.

My reasoning is based on two assumptions (a) we're a top six side based on our playing staff, and (b) we're not going up this season under Carlos, and he'll be gone in the summer anyway. Even if we got someone no better than Carlos, at least it would be someone different to Carlos. Different tactics, a man without favourites who'd make us more unpredictable.

14 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

(a) we're a top six side based on our playing staff, 

We are in the top 6 now

15 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

(b) we're not going up this season under Carlos, and he'll be gone in the summer anyway.

Complete guess work on both counts.

15 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Even if we got someone no better than Carlos, at least it would be someone different to Carlos. Different tactics, a man without favourites who'd make us more unpredictable.

What if they are worse?

2 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

When Carlos leaves I've no idea who should replace him. I have every confidence though that the powers that be within the club will use their football contacts and other considerable resources to scour for the best fit. 

Instead of simply reading this site?...Are they f.ookin'; mad?!

47 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

While, in the main, I try to avoid these Carlos replacement threads, I really haven't seen anybody better suggested

As said above I'd expect DC and his team would be able to come up with a decent choice of suitable candidates.