Carlos outers - who do you want then?

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

It's up to the Chairman to find a suitable replacement, not Owlstalk.

Hopefully the next manager is better at building a balanced squad and sets out to win games.

If I was being cynical I would suggest you've put that because you can't think of anyone.

I'm not sure recruitment was ever the responsibility of Carlos oyher than saying which positions he thought needed additions.

Remember we started with a committee for recruitment 

One responsibility he does have is performance on the pitch and that will be his downfall if we are not promoted.

The main out of work managers right now are Hodgson Rowett and Pardew. Not a great list and wouldn't want any of em. There will be more this summer.

I have never been a great fan of Kickaball, even last season when all the 'New' Fans came on board.

I said then, a lone voice when tumble weed  would roll down this site.

Having said that, I cannot find fault with the result's of Kickaball's time in charge, but maybe the time has come for some one else to take the Club/Team forwards.

Who that might be is any ones guess.

Can't see a change happening until after the end of the season. It looks like we probably will miss out on the top six this season, due mostly down to negative tactics and injuries. If a change is made in the summer, I'd like Chansiri to bring in another foreign coach, either one already familiar with the Football League (such as Jokanovic or Wagner) or someone leftfield from the European leagues, rather than the usual job hunting pay off seeking dinosaurs that get linked with every job.

No fan can seriously answer that question, IMO. We've no idea who the chairman would consider, nor do we know who'd want to come to us. But things need shaking up if we're to have a hope of going up. As things stand, we'll like as not miss out on the play-offs, let alone win them. Sacking Carlos in the summer is like shutting the stable door once the horse has bolted. With no parachute team in the play-offs, the moment is ripe.

5 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I'm not sure recruitment was ever the responsibility of Carlos oyher than saying which positions he thought needed additions.

Remember we started with a committee for recruitment 

One responsibility he does have is performance on the pitch and that will be his downfall if we are not promoted.

The main out of work managers right now are Hodgson Rowett and Pardew. Not a great list and wouldn't want any of em. There will be more this summer.

Agree with all that. If CC doesn't get us up i am quite open minded about looking for a replacement. But the fact is that right now there is no one out there. 

So surely rather than add to the problem by spreading negativity we should all get behind the team til end of season and see where that takes us?

For the first time in god knows how many years the Wednesday job is a very attractive proposition. I think you'd be surprised, should CC leave< who applied/expressed an interest whether publicly or privately - either currently without a club or presently at a club. Just look at our squad and tell me what manager not currently in the PL (or not on their way there this season) wouldn't want to see what they could do with it.

Allevidence suggests we have a chairman who is more than keen to fund the team BUT not interfere on the playing side. Dream job.

Edited by Almat

Just now, Almat said:

For the first time in god knows how many years the Wednesday job is a very attractive proposition. I think you'd be surprised who applied/expressed an interest whether publicly or privately - either currently without a club or presently at a club. Just look at our squad and tell me what manager not currently in the PL (or not on their way there this season) wouldn't want to see what they could do with it.

Indeed.

19 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

I have never been a great fan of Kickaball, even last season when all the 'New' Fans came on board.

I said then, a lone voice when tumble weed  would roll down this site.

Having said that, I cannot find fault with the result's of Kickaball's time in charge, but maybe the time has come for some one else to take the Club/Team forwards.

Who that might be is any ones guess.

Can you quit with this 5 live Kickaball nickname? You come across like them and it aint a good thing

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Why will we probably miss out on the playoffs. There are still several games for everybody to play. It's a good job you are not the mental coach at Wednesday. Your dressing room advice would probably be..." You are not going to win today so just go and run around for 90 minutes see what happens and if the opposition don't score the fans will be delirious with a clean sheet. Westie will get his clean sheet bonus . If Sam H stays on the pitch that's a positive and if JR or SW let's Wally have a few strikes from the halfway line then the attack has done it's job. Carlos will praise you all for fighting to get a glorious result" I'm positive that that's negative enough to get OT boiling.

On present form and with our injuries, and the way we're playing to be honest it doesn't look like we will finish in the top six. I hope I'm wrong and Carlos rectifies things and leads us into the play off's again, I'm hopeful and would love us to make the play off's again but at present to be realistic I don't think we will. Injuries have come at the wrong time and we've been hampered by confusingly muddled player recruitment and negative tactics.