Carlos outers - who do you want then?

If the change was to come during the Summer and I think there's a general consensus on here that would be most likely (if indeed a change is coming) then there are numerous options open to the club which would most likely see us abandon the boring, predictable, slow build up play that Carlos has got the most talented Wednesday side in over 15 years playing.

The first thing I would say is that we don't have to just look at managers out of work anymore, we have money now, an ambitious owner and should look at all options.

Should Leeds and or Huddersfield not get promoted them my first 2 choices would be Monk and Wagner. I'd be willing to bet Mr Chansiri can offer either more money to spend on new players than at their current clubs, he could probably offer a more attractive contract and in Monks case, he doesn't have the itchy trigger finger that Cellino tends to have after a few defeats.

Nobody knew who Carlos was when he came to the club. Who's to say that Mr Chansiri wouldn't go abroad again and pull a rabbit out of the hat like he did with Carlos? Although I think we've gone backwards this season, nobody can deny last season was a huge success. 

And then there's the out of work managers and straight away the obvious choices are Rowett and Pearson. It's all about opinions but Rowett worked wonders at Birmingham for 2 seasons with limited resources and although Pearson and Derby didn't work out, he was able to get Leicester promoted to the Premier League and keep them there. I'm aware he's said he wouldn't work in Sheffield but the fact that he's been out of work for a while now and that he'd have money to spend at Hillsborough as well as inheriting a good squad might be enough to change his mind.

There you have it, my suggestions. Whether you think they're credible or not as a matter of opinion but most of all I want someone who can get the most out of the players we currently have at the club, something I'm not convinced Carlos has done this season.

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I would have switched manager before Xmas.

At this stage, my opinion is give him until the end of the season.

However, if we don't go up my shortlist would be:-

Wagner (if Huddersfield don't go up)

Stam (if Reading don't go

up)

Jokanovic (if Fulham don't go up)

Monk (if Leeds don't go

up - might not be as far fetched as it sounds because Cellino is a nut job)

All of the above managers have coped with far smaller budgets than Carlos had this season OR LAST.

Our apparently superior budget should attract all but Monk

who admittedly is a long shot.

Other managers that have clearly over performed in

comparison to their budget are Warburton and Rowett.

The managers most likely to get us promoted without needing to change the squad much are Neil Warnock and Mick

McCarthy. They would easily be the best choices but I don't think 99% of our fanbase will agree with me lol

All of the managers you've mentioned will have failed which is the exact argument you're using to have a go at Carlos :columbo:

Not Steve McLaren

2 hours ago, modboy said:

Not so sure it will be a foreign coach post article 50 probably being signed this week . Interesting to see what will happen to fringe players such as Sasso etc 

Won't Article 50 take 2 years?

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Luckily for fellow owls fans I'm not chansiri as my choices of possible replacements are shocking! 

I'd either go for a recent ex player with a winning mentality like Vieira, Gerrard or Giggs. Or an experienced manager in Michael O'Neill or Pearson.

I'd also sound out if owls fan Rodgers would leave the champions league for the championship and expect a big fat no 

I'm not expecting a call for my advice in the summer 

:duntmatter:

They're about as sensible as the other suggestions on here

Gary Rowett on his way to Derby.  Frustrating as hell.

Derby are just about to land themselves a very promising British manager.  And they are already giving themselves a great chance of success for next season; I wish that was us but we're going to have to wait until the summer for any possible head coach replacement.

I get that Carvalhal has had a better season at Wednesday than the Pearson/McClaren combo has delivered at the Rams (even though about 80% of our performances have lacked cohesion, tempo or entertainment).

Right now we really aren't in a position to part company with CC until this season is done and dusted.  Whereas Derby's season is already over.  Which is fair enough but if/when Kickaball is replaced, a manager of Rowett's credentials would be spot on for me.

I really don't think our squad needs a superstar head coach to get the best out of the players either; even a recent ex-pro turned manager like Graham Alexander would probably get this squad in the automatic promotion spots with 2-3 decent signings in the summer.

8 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

I have never been a great fan of Kickaball, even last season when all the 'New' Fans came on board.

I said then, a lone voice when tumble weed  would roll down this site.

Having said that, I cannot find fault with the result's of Kickaball's time in charge, but maybe the time has come for some one else to take the Club/Team forwards.

Who that might be is any ones guess.

Are you Jason Cundy in disguise?

13 hours ago, parkerowl said:

I'd like to think we could attract Jokanovic from Fulham should they not go up.

He would be my shout, Got Watford promoted, turned Fulham from relegation candidates to playoff hopefuls and he know half of our team already from his days at Watford.

Absolute no brainer should Carlos go.

I'm not a Carlos out man but I don't feel we are progressing which makes him vulnerable. No matter how good your centre forward is if a better one becomes available then it's worth considering replacing him.  A manager's position is slightly more complicated but would we be doing better, for example, under the guy who Hull appointed? 

It's a r8 quandary. 

Been saying since Christmas that I would give CC until end of the season and seen nothing to make me change my mind.

However we do need to show a bit of an improvement for rest of season for me to want him to stay.

Him being sent to the stand on Saturday did not go in his favour, came across as not being able to handle the pressure.

12 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I suppose I would be classed as a CC lover. Gray needed sacking long before he was. Carlos has been a sea change to our club and it would be a sad day if we sacked him. The replacements mentioned are akin to the crap we've had for the last 15 yrs. There's been some reyt dross put forward and not one I would have over Carlos.

i would have thought us Wednesday fans would know that chopping/ changing managers on a regular basis does not work.

Yeah your right on gray. He did a awful job, bringing in westwood and hutch on a shoe string budget or should i say not a pot to pi$$ in. In fact if it wasn't for these two players CC would have been long gone. We all knew Gray was going to get the sack but don't for one minute think he did a bad job with what he had to chose from

When George Hirst leaves us as he's had enough of been sat in the under 23's when the likes of nuhui makes the bench thanks CC for that. One of the reasons his legend dad is now talking to other clubs about him and stormed out of the club the other day apparently. Oh and by the way, the chairman doesn't give a flying F*** about the fans and the history of our club. Its his baby and he will do what he wants. High fives blinkered followers

9 minutes ago, ViolaOwls said:

Yeah your right on gray. He did a awful job, bringing in westwood and hutch on a shoe string budget or should i say not a pot to pi$$ in. In fact if it wasn't for these two players CC would have been long gone. We all knew Gray was going to get the sack but don't for one minute think he did a bad job with what he had to chose from

You obviously didn't go to see many Gray matches

Yet another idiotic thread by the knee-jerkers.

Will it ever sink in, that there is a direct correlation between success and stability, with the only exceptions to that rule being either the spending of astronomical amounts of money at the top, or a quick relegation-saving bounce at the bottom.

There have been many changes to the side/squad over this season, and they take time to 'bed in'.

There's also been multiple injuries, which means we put out a side which is only 50-60% of CCs ideal line-up.

Plus, we are now a known quantity in this division. Last season we had a degree of surprise on our side; now everyone knows us and how we set-up. We are respected in this league, and that brings its own, new challenges. The over-reaction following Burton was almost comically over the top. Does anyone seriously think they didn't scout us, as we took Norwich apart? Can you imagine the discussion on how they'd set up for their game against us? Buses and parking spring to mind.

Finally, you can guarantee that, if CC got us promoted automatically this season, then the same attention-deficit clots would be screeching for his head by next Christmas as we inevitably struggle in our first season back in with the big boys.

15 minutes ago, talon said:

Yet another idiotic thread by the knee-jerkers.

Will it ever sink in, that there is a direct correlation between success and stability, with the only exceptions to that rule being either the spending of astronomical amounts of money at the top, or a quick relegation-saving bounce at the bottom.

There have been many changes to the side/squad over this season, and they take time to 'bed in'.

There's also been multiple injuries, which means we put out a side which is only 50-60% of CCs ideal line-up.

Plus, we are now a known quantity in this division. Last season we had a degree of surprise on our side; now everyone knows us and how we set-up. We are respected in this league, and that brings its own, new challenges. The over-reaction following Burton was almost comically over the top. Does anyone seriously think they didn't scout us, as we took Norwich apart? Can you imagine the discussion on how they'd set up for their game against us? Buses and parking spring to mind.

Finally, you can guarantee that, if CC got us promoted automatically this season, then the same attention-deficit clots would be screeching for his head by next Christmas as we inevitably struggle in our first season back in with the big boys.

Injuries?

what like mid table villa had Saturday yet still beat us. Give over