Brighton 2 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday. Official Matchday Thread.

Potential player milestones for tonight:

Westwood's 95th league game for the Owls

Hutchinson's 80th

Wallace's 65th

Bannan's 60th

Joao's 50th

Fletcher's 25th

If Nuhiu scores it will be his 20th league goal for the club

Edited by owlandished

Not going to be easy this, id certainly take a draw at this moment. Who knows we could put on a display like at Newcastle. Theyll be wanting an instant response after they lost at Preston. Comon Wednesday!! 

Funny as flip OMDT - love it!

As for the game, its a biggie IMO. A win will be a huge statement of what we can achieve this season and create massive optimism, a draw will be very decent and a loss will be like ah well they're a good side and we'll keep battling its a marathon not a sprint etc etc!

My heart says a stellar performance form the OWLS and Winnall tears em a shiny fresh new one, and a 1-2 result and a happy weekend for Wednesday!

I'd enjoy this one more than the newcastle one if we managed to get the win.

I think these lot are the most arrogant fans in the league.  Believe they have a divine right to be promoted and slag of every other club they come in to contact with.  Real bad spirited fanbase who don't remember where they've come from.  Imagine if Rotherham suddenly came in to some money.  That's these lot.

With players like Dunk and Knockaert, and the 'revenge' element from their bottle job last year,  I cant see us coming out with the points this time.

A very good morning to you all. Like Ever the Pessimist, I am also struck down with a nasty bit of man-flu, as well as a horrific case of living 380 miles away from Brighton, so I won't make it tonight. First time I'll have watched us on tv since the play off second leg - I usually make a point of going whenever we're on Sky. 

Anyway, I agree with Carlos that this will be the toughest game of the season. That said, it looks like Brighton are rating it as one of their toughest too, although Newcastle will be visiting them in a few weeks too. 

I think it'll be a really good game - Brighton will be up for it after the play offs, but they ran roughshod over us at Hillsborough this season so I would hope we're also well up for it. It'll be a very tough challenge, especially with Stephens and Dunk back, but I honestly think we're going to give them a game. I'd take a point right now, but (whisper it quietly) I wouldn't be bowled over with a win either.

Winnall to start up front with Forestieri, Wallace will hopefully be up for a big game after his excellent goal last week. Have to say I wouldn't mind Reach or Fox in at left back as Pudil is turning into a big weak link.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Brighton 1-2 Wednesday 

(Murray 30, Winnall 69, Bannan 90+1)

Westwood

Palmer     Lees    Loovens   Reach

Mcman    Hutch  Bannan     Fessi

Winnall   Fletch

Subs
Wildsmith
Sasso
Pudil
Jones
Abdi (if ready) 
Wallace
Hooper (Joao if he's not ready)

I know you'll give me negatives for this but this is what I'd do. 

3 minutes ago, Dylan93 said:

Westwood

Palmer     Lees    Loovens   Reach

Mcman    Hutch  Bannan     Fessi

Winnall   Fletch

Subs
Wildsmith
Sasso
Pudil
Jones
Abdi (if ready) 
Wallace
Hooper (Joao if he's not ready)

I know you'll give me negatives for this but this is what I'd do. 

Don't see why anyone would have a downer on that team.