Are L##DS a far bigger club than us

Of course they at present as relatively recent success such as a champions league semi final helps. We have loads on here who have never been to Hillsborough. Also, i club in a big city helps. Traditionally, we are way bigger, plus Leeds is a rugby town really, like hull.should nick that centre half from leeds.

Simple answer no , given the size of the City relative to Sheffield and Newcastle then Leeds should have an average attendance of over 40k to be classed as a much bigger club. 

we as a city have two clubs with an average attendance of over 20k this season neither in the top flight.

In summary Sheffield a bigger football city than Leeds 

1 hour ago, Ali G said:

I'd like to think we match them in size tbh, but when you look at their away attendances they beat us hands down and are now selling out at home. We'll take just over 1k on Friday and Leeds took 2.5k on a fri on sky etc. Also our away support at their place has been embarrassing last couple of seasons. Suppose them being a one team City helps a lot

just ask your leeds mates at work this morning kid, nice fishing exercise

1 hour ago, zico.b said:

Leeds facts for the debate.

League Titles - 3 (SWFC - 4)

FA Cup - 1 (SWFC - 3)

League Cup - 1 (SWFC - 1)

Ground - Rented (SWFC - Owned)

Average Attendance - 26,040 (SWFC - 26,894)

City Rivals Average Attendance - One Team City (SUFC - 20,141)

And winner with a technical knockout! And still reigning champion!

ZICO the zig-zagging BEEEEEEE!

Its a No from me. Having worked in Leeds I know for a fact with the success they had relatively recently they have attracted a large number of fans who are not neccessarily from Leeds. Their away support comes from all over the country due to this success. If we had achieved the same level of success over the past 50 years our crowds now would blow them out of the water. They also have a significant lunatic fringe which attracts further idiots, this lot are still living in the 70's and 80's.

2 hours ago, Ali G said:

I'd like to think we match them in size tbh, but when you look at their away attendances they beat us hands down and are now selling out at home. We'll take just over 1k on Friday and Leeds took 2.5k on a fri on sky etc. Also our away support at their place has been embarrassing last couple of seasons. Suppose them being a one team City helps a lot

They were able to take 2500 on a Friday night cos they don't have jobs so don't have to worry about work Saturday morning. 

For me the criteria that makes up which club is bigger is:

• Attendances home and away
  • Financial spending power
  • League currently played in
  • Trophies won to date

And yes for me Leeds are the bigger club, but if we get promoted and stay there beyond one season IMO the increased finances would move us past them (assuming they stayed below us).

11 minutes ago, Grimbarian said:

For me the criteria that makes up which club is bigger is:

• Attendances home and away
  • Financial spending power
  • League currently played in
  • Trophies won to date

And yes for me Leeds are the bigger club, but if we get promoted and stay there beyond one season IMO the increased finances would move us past them (assuming they stayed below us).

What weighting do you add to the 4 above in terms of percentage of importance? Because if not weighed correctly, you'd position Hull and Swansea as bigger clubs than Wednesday and Leeds - which would be bonkers! lol

Presently yu would have to say Leeds are the bigger club and have been for the last 50 years, however is Leeds a bigger football city than Sheffield? Not a chance! Never has been, never will be.

9 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

What weighting do you add to the 4 above in terms of percentage of importance? Because if not weighed correctly, you'd position Hull and Swansea as bigger clubs than Wednesday and Leeds - which would be bonkers! lol

Yeah I specifically didn't number them as I don't consider one more than the other, because of sustained seasons in the Premier league by Swansea I'd put them very close in the equation to us TBH, Hull no chance, if they somehow survive, are taken over, get new owners and start throwing around the cash with full attendances it'll become closer and closer until we're promoted.