Conor Hourihane

It may well be true but I don't understand signing Lansbury and Hourihane. Surely it'd be difficult to play both in the same team. They would both be better next to a tenacious ball winner (hutch) that allows them to focus on creating chances. 

I had thought that if Villa got Lansbury we'd get Conor. 

45 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Not that they owe us anything but they would do well to remember when we loaned them O' Grady. 

His goals kept them up. You know loaning a player from that club. 

Just like that other tin pot outfit in Rotherham. Begging buckets one week, jumping in bed with the pigs the other to have a go at us. 

they returned the favour by buying him ......

10 minutes ago, Miruic said:

It may well be true but I don't understand signing Lansbury and Hourihane. Surely it'd be difficult to play both in the same team. They would both be better next to a tenacious ball winner (hutch) that allows them to focus on creating chances. 

I had thought that if Villa got Lansbury we'd get Conor. 

competition for places.

8 minutes ago, markg said:

we lost out on tho one as soon as that picture of winnall signing was leaked. We were due to announce them as a double signing the say after the Barnsley legend's funeral but Barnsley saw the backlash from their fans

That may well be the case but two things:

It wasn't SWFC who leaked the pic,

and

How old are they? Flipping 12?! This is serious business not a schoolyard ***** session. 

(This is not a go at you btw @markg just seems so completely childish if true).

edit - keeping an open mind on this signing. It might happen, it might not. C'est la vie. 

Edited by themaskedowl

Villa ripping up their midfield and starting again at this stage of the season is really rolling the dice- Bruce clearly thinks they're a long way short.

if they sign Lansbury/Houlihane I can see it taking at least half a dozen games before they have any sort of understanding- by then Villa could be well and truly out of the running for a play off place.

said this before during and after this CH affair sign him or not and it's looking dark  Abdi will be the better player of the 2 much more experienced in the league above as well get him fit and actually play him is my opinion

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

I'm not calling him just don't think he is a winger and plays better in the centre.

I agree with you, just think that Bannans injury situation shows the need to sign Hourahan especially with Lee out for the season in effect, I think the club do too .

Edited by Owl999

41 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Villa set to sign Bree from Barnsley. 

If they sign Bree and Hourihane they might as well pay an extra fiver and buy the whole town. Rename themselves Barnsley Villa.