Conor Hourihane

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

Who can understand what goes through the minds of some of these players, fresh air a lot of the time. I agree that Villa are a bigger club than us with a solid manager, but they are also still in a state of flux with an owner that is more than a little erratic. The other thing with Villa and this would apply to JR as well as CH is that if they get promoted both of them will instantly be surplus to requirements on the move again, where as with us they'd still be in the reckoning should we make the big time. Footballers will do what they do best, follow the money.

course its about money and while we arnt paupers anymore it would be very difficult to better what villa can offer him ......he'll be on a pittance at Barnsley and a four year contract at villa will set him up for life .

Guest addedtime
3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

course its about money and while we arnt paupers anymore it would be very difficult to better what villa can offer him ......he'll be on a pittance at Barnsley and a four year contract at villa will set him up for life .

A short (ish) career that they need to maximise whilst they can.

3 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Lansbury deal done for £2.75m. Will train with @AVFCOfficial this morning & may be in tomorrow's squad. Villa will bid £1m for Hourihane

Well respected guy, doesn't sound as if the Villa thing is imminent?

Must have recovered from his injury then . 

Aston Villa are closing in on Conor Hourihane of Barnsley, with the midfielder set for a medical.

As supporters await the imminent arrival of Nottingham Forest captain Henri Lansbury for around £3m, Tykes captain Hourihane is set to do likewise after a £1m bid was accepted, according to the Daily Mail.

Hourihane poised for a medical ahead of a move.

20 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Who can understand what goes through the minds of some of these players, fresh air a lot of the time. I agree that Villa are a bigger club than us with a solid manager, but they are also still in a state of flux with an owner that is more than a little erratic. The other thing with Villa and this would apply to JR as well as CH is that if they get promoted both of them will instantly be surplus to requirements and on the move again, where as with us they'd still be in the reckoning should we make the big time.

Footballers will do what they do best, follow the money.

Yet again, this crap is spouted about Bruce, which in turn is negging Carlos.

One is charismatic with a philosophical football brain whilst the other trades on who he played for and can only work with big money then walks away when things don't go his way.

If I was a player I know who I'd prefer to work under.

After Winnall uproar maybe they thrown summat to media to spread that adamant won't talk to us just to save face. 

Drag it out a bit n then blame agents n player power when he signs for us.

that way they look like tried play tough. 

Or he could just sign for villa...

if really true true they won't sell to us specially after just sold us a player then that's pathetic and dingles will be Scum in future to me

Guest wilyfox

He'll sign where he wants. Barnsley can't map his career for him. If he goes to Villa, that'll be his choice. Barnsley are in a weak position. 

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

If they've had a £1m bid accepted then i just don't believe we've even made a bid.

Football clubs are a business and they will accept the higher offer, simple as that

Wouldn't surprise me if half the championship are keeping tabs on him. Villa won't be the only ones at the table when he moves. 

Edited by wilyfox

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I could understand it if it was the blunts but Barnsley...come on.

every team has to have a rival to hate they think it's us  - whereas I would say they should worry about donny and rovrum

Let's face it, Villa is an attractive move for players in the Championship.

The only way this can change now is if the player is that set on a move to us that he says he will see out his contract.

Unfortunately it sounds as if he's keen on the move.

All over I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

Can't really blame Barnsley if they have decided against selling any more players to us, especially after the backlash from Winall.

Imagine if we sold our best players (like FF and Hutch) to L**ds and ruined our chances of the play offs. I doubt our supporters would be very accepting.

That's something the pigs would do, not us.

42 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Yet again, this crap is spouted about Bruce, which in turn is negging Carlos.

One is charismatic with a philosophical football brain whilst the other trades on who he played for and can only work with big money then walks away when things don't go his way.

If I was a player I know who I'd prefer to work under.

My thoughts exactly mate.