Cambridge United vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

A waste of time game for me,  11 changes if possible using the squad and development players.

4 games in the first two weeks and such a quick turnaround from the first game of the season is ridiculous, prime for causing injuries.

Whoever plays have confidence they can put in a competitive performance.

I can't understand why anybody would not want a cup run.  A big away day,  a home game against the elite,  semis or even a final.  Let's be greedy and have a real go at it. 

On a personal note I was there when we lost 4-0 in 1991 Dion Dublin and all that strange game. 

Guest BULGARIA
7 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Wouldn't be too fussed if Cambridge beat our kids 4-0. It's a long season and the cup could just be a distraction. 

But saying that, it would still be nice to see us win, with second string team, with all the first team in bed at home wrapped in bubble wrap. 

Our cup win in 91 is still one of the greatest days i and many others have had following swfc, it wasn't a distraction back then.

I will be upset if we lose.

Just dont get this "not bothered" about the cups attitude.

Excellent thread again Pauli, although I haven't read it yet, will take a little sneaky look later in margin time. Three consecutive supplier meetings this morning, but reading your prose will be the priority.

Did you mention how they got their name? Tay Tay's great grandmother was punting down the river as the Lord Mayor was crossing it on the bridge. He was so taken with her mintyness that he cracked off a sneaky one, exposing himself as a bit of a trouser fiddler. As he came on the bridge, Bob's yer uncle and Fanny's yer aunt.

Anyhow, The Wednesday 7 Cambridge 0 (Nuhiu 4, Stobbs 3).

Guest gibkevin

I would like to see some kids get a run out, but I know a cup run would be good for confidence too...
Just hope who ever plays doesnt get injured or suspended

Not to come across as arrogant or over confident but it's going to be tough not to here...

Do we not think that Matias, Joaoaoaoaoaoao, Buckley et al are capable for this game?  They should have enough really.  That's not to disrespect Cambridge either.  It's still a strong team we can put out, just not the first 11.

Should be a good game to see what our squad players can do.

Kean/Wildsmith

Vermijl

O'Grady

Semedo

Palmer

Buckley

Melo

Clare

Matias

Joao

Nuhiu

3-1 win. Joao x2 and Sougou off the bench. Tbh would happily take a 5-0 loss.