Cambridge United vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

53 minutes ago, Freshfish said:

..Cheers sir...going in the Mini with 2 CU fans and a Posh fan...and many beers after...whatever the result it could get messy :-)

Unbelievably Im going in a Mini with a Posh fan, who will pop in to see his parents en route A blue and white mini

11 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Watch out for the Cambridge 'Odd Jobs'. Their hoolies who take their name from the Bond villain and are deadly when throwing their mortarboards!

I've got some DNA Helix structures folded and ready...let them try it and I'll confuse them so bad they'll be begging for an extension to their hand-in dates...

11 hours ago, pauli said:

The royal family were forced to step in and the then princess and future queen Elizabeth donned their goalkeepers jersey. 

YWgtQpw.jpg

This was Cambridge’s most successful period, winning the old division one a total of 8 times and the FA cup 5 times. In 7 of those 8 seasons, the U's did not concede a single league goal. Opposition strikers were terrified of knocking one beyond the reach of Her Majesty, fearing they would be summoned to the Tower and spending a lifetime in a damp dungeon or even worse, to lose their heads on the executioners block.

First replica kit i ever bought... 

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Unbelievably Im going in a Mini with a Posh fan, who will pop in to see his parents en route A blue and white mini

...breaker breaker good buddy...ten four looks like we've got us a ....erm...Blue and White Mini thing going on ... you might be better off going to the Park and Ride on Newmarket Road unless you know the backstreets of Cambridge near Abbey Stadium or you arrive early..parking can be a pain. Will try and find a few street names for parking and post on here.

7 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

The one and only time I saw us play there was in 1984 when Wilko's team won, Bannister and Varadi got the goals (had to look that up in the archive, memory playing tricks because I was sure we won 2-0 but the record says 2-1 - senility beckons!)

Nah not senility, opposition goals don't count

2 hours ago, siggi jonsson said:

Why are people so obsessed with Hirst?

Just relating to my post only, I don't think an outing as a sub is an obsession. 

The lad has played for England, scoring twice against Germany on his debut. Given the pedigree of his dad, I think a fair few people just want to see how the family story pans out at S6. 

27 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Wildsmith

Palmer lees semedo helan

Buckley melo mcgugen matias

Joao nuhiu

Although mcgugen didnt get a number so probably wont play

2 nil wednesday joao and matias to score

Highly doubt we'll see Lees tonight other than coming off the bench with injury to other CB and Hutch with hsi biscuit knees will I doubt travel out of Sheffield. It'll be Semedo with a CB from the development team.

Also Carlos' interview on Radio Sheff this am confirmed they'll be a what sounded like 11 changes. He think having this game tonight after us playing on Sunday is crazy, though he did say he wants to win the match he won't be putting out the same players from Sunday as the little rest will bring high injury risk.

dont get this that some arnt bothered if we win or lose .....a run in this comp is great for giving youngsters and out of favour players a game that actually means something .i'm expecting stobbs,clare,hirst, ogrady, lee, thorniley all to figure tonight and hopefully show carlos what they can do .

41 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

Highly doubt we'll see Lees tonight other than coming off the bench with injury to other CB and Hutch with hsi biscuit knees will I doubt travel out of Sheffield. It'll be Semedo with a CB from the development team.

Also Carlos' interview on Radio Sheff this am confirmed they'll be a what sounded like 11 changes. He think having this game tonight after us playing on Sunday is crazy, though he did say he wants to win the match he won't be putting out the same players from Sunday as the little rest will bring high injury risk.

Yea i thought so but we are lacking a CB if we have a dev squad player then go with him big game on saturday rest them all for it

40 minutes ago, torryowl said:

dont get this that some arnt bothered if we win or lose .....a run in this comp is great for giving youngsters and out of favour players a game that actually means something .i'm expecting stobbs,clare,hirst, ogrady, lee, thorniley all to figure tonight and hopefully show carlos what they can do .

Not only that, there are potential money spinners further down the line if we progress. Look what beating Arsenal did for our international profile. I don't have any truck with all this "not bothered about this one attitude" as I want to win every game. Personally I'd field as strong a team as possible, while making allowances that we did play on Sunday. If Carlos gets his wish of a competitive squad with two players for every position, then fielding a proper side isn't going to harm us, as we'll have comparable players to bring in

10 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

With the sides that some of you are suggesting, we will lose.  Not time to play the kids.

Wildsmith

Vermijl

Lees (he's a machine, he can handle it)

Semedo

Helan

Buckley

Melo

Palmer

Matias (if fit)

Hooper

Joao

Subs: Kean, Thorniley, Sougou, Lee, Bannan, Stobbs, Nuhiu

the fact that lees" the machine who can handle it got injured "and was out for 5 weeks after playing in the league cup last season  doesnt deter you from playing him .....chuck in with hutch he's the only fit centre back we have ......i'll be amazed if he plays .