Forestieri

15 minutes ago, WezOwl1989 said:

I'll be gutted if he goes :/.             But looking at the fact Faurlin tweeted that he should be in the premier league and FF retweeted it makes me think FF wants to be there and also think he's done that to get it about for bids... I realllllllly hope I'm wrong, but all these fans who are saying there's no chance that he'll go and to shut up... ,if Fernando wants to go then he will go and I think he will within one week .... And if he signs a new deal this week I won't be a fan on his anymore, because then it's about money and I'd rather him go , DC can't be slaves to players just because he wants more money... I prefer players who love wednesday, that goal and effort to win it & celebration was a selling point to FF , judging by his body language , sorry if you disagree but I'm a realist, thoughts ?

"I'm a realist" eh? Ermmmm

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

Know what your saying love . but I'd ff left it could really deraill us and hope it's paper talk.

Possibly. 

By the same token having an unhappy player on the books (not saying he is btw before anyone goes ape poopey) could also disrupt the dressing room. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Spaceball_One said:

Offer him a massive contract and get on with it.

I agree with the previous comments.....others are signing big deals and Fletcher is on a big wage. He's our best player so should be the best paid.

Not necessarily the best paid. Fletcher has had a 7yr prem career. FF hasn't. But, he should certainly be up there amongst the highest earners. 

If what Talk Sport are saying is true (and now Rob Staton seems to be backing it up) it will be a hammer blow to any hope we have of making it into the top 2 and will significantly weaken our attack.

If so the club need to look at why he would want to move to Derby and address it as best they can.

I don't believe for one minute it would be down to footballing reasons as I don't believe they have a better chance than us of promotion. If it's money the club need to look at what Derby are offering and match it (unless it's a stupid amount, say £50k a week).

If however it's something the club can't address and his mind is made up that he wants to leave, then with 3 years left on his current contract, the club need to follow the example set by Fulham and milk the deal for everything they can get.

Given the amount of money paid for 30 year old Ross McCormack and the fact that Derby's bid may have alerted other clubs (perhaps in the Premier League) I don't think it would be beyond the realms of possibilities for us to get £12-£15m for him.

Of course I hope this is all hypothetical and he signs a new improved deal at the club but should he want to leave the club need to get as much as possible for him.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

If what Talk Sport are saying is true (and now Rob Staton seems to be backing it up) it will be a hammer blow to any hope we have of making it into the top 2 and will significantly weaken our attack.

If so the club need to look at why he would want to move to Derby and address it as best they can.

I don't believe for one minute it would be down to footballing reasons as I don't believe they have a better chance than us of promotion. If it's money the club need to look at what Derby are offering and match it (unless it's a stupid amount, say £50k a week).

If however it's something the club can't address and his mind is made up that he wants to leave, then with 3 years left on his current contract, the club need to follow the example set by Fulham and milk the deal for everything they can get.

Given the amount of money paid for 30 year old Ross McCormack and the fact that Derby's bid may have alerted other clubs (perhaps in the Premier League) I don't think it would be beyond the realms of possibilities for us to get £12-£15m for him.

Of course I hope this is all hypothetical and he signs a new improved deal at the club but should he want to leave the club need to get as much as possible for him.

What exactly are they saying tho ?

If he goes he goes.

If he stays, he stays (which I hope he does).

If Fernando is using it to get more money from us then fine, but I hope we don't start bowing to silly demands as its a very dangerous presedence to set. If improved terms is in line with his value to us and our budget then fine.

If Fernando would rather go to Derby or anyone else for a few extra quid, that we're not willing to match then that's fine too.

There are plenty of footballers out there, some better than Forestieri, I'm sure our head coach and recruitment team will have plans in place of we lose players to replace them & continue our build for promotion.

It would be a blow to lose him, to whoever it is, but I'm sure if we do we will get a very good price (£12m+ is good) & I'm sure we will re-invest and have a squad very capable of winning promotion with or without Fernando.

It is worth noting that 3 teams got promoted last season without Fernando Forestieri and there are plenty of other clubs that have formed teams/squads & won promotion without having a £12m+ player in it.

I trust, whatever happens, that the football club will still mount a very serious challenge for promotion this year.

I'd love to see Fernando lead us to that, but if not, so be it. 

1 minute ago, TINKERBELL said:

But who as no one can name 1 who'd be a fantastic replacement. Nearest I can think of who can change games is knockert at Brighton 

Play Matias in his place on the left and then go in for Judge in Jan when he's back fit

Everybody needs to get a grip carlos said he not going dc has said same and fernando said not so long ago he likes it here so cant see any reason they would sell him derby

Pearson must know that the odds of Wednesday selling FF to Durby are exceedingly remote, not least because we're both pursuing promotion. And if FF wanted to leave, then we'd be looking at selling to a PL club because they can pay more and he wouldn't adversely affect our promotion push. It madness trying to sign players from your own league anyway. What would FF and Hooper have cost if we'd signed them from Championship clubs? Probably double what we paid. So what's his game, Nigellus? Pearson must have an agenda. Is it that both clubs are after a second, unnamed player?

Unless it's for silly money, I'd be really pissed off if he went to Derby. They finished in a similar position to us last season, have money but no parachute payments and don't really have s bigger supporter base than us. They possibly have better training facilities (??) but that's about it.

It would also raise questions about out ambitions as a club to other players.

We don't need to necessarily sign someone as good as Fernando to still mount a challenge (3 teams last year did it without Forestieri).

If we get a good price and re-invest (which we will) and improve the squad be it with the one player or 3/4, we will still challenge.

Fernando Forestieri isn't the be all and end all of our hopes for promotion.

The owner wants us promoted. He will see to it we do.

Maybe we already have his replacement on our books. Almen Abdi please step forward and show us why Watford fans thought you were better than Nando.

If FF wants to stay I would love it because he is a great player. If he insists on going then 'off you toddle' (at a price). No one is bigger than the club.