Forestieri

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Won't quit, will you... lol

Ok, I relent. They're my preferences for suitable replacement. Doubt anyone will agree, but such is life. They're names we've either been linked with (Callum 

McManaman and Adam Reach), or players I rate very highly (Ryan Fraser and Johnny Russell). They are my recommendations. 

I want Nando to stay as much as everyone else - but he is replaceable. 3 teams are promoted to the premier league every year. Only one of them ever had Forestieri, and he wasn't always in their team. 

I totally agree on two of those.

27 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

The interesting question doesn't seem to be the Derby bid which they are of course entitled to make and we are right to reject.

It's what if there were a premier league bid.  So say Swansea really did bid £10m.  Accept or reject?  I'd say reject. Clearly.  But there must be a biting point somewhere for us.  £50m from Juventus might well tempt us.  Might.  I wonder where the line is...

The line gets drawn when FF decides he wants to move. When he does, put the lad out to auction, and cash in. Premier League will be able to double/treble his wages. We don't stand a chance when that kind of money is waved about. 

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Mcmanaman and Fraser.

Good choice. Either would run at full-backs and naturally cut inside like Forestieri. The other two are lefties. Really rate Russell as well. More to come from him in the right team. Reach my least fave of the four, perhaps because I've seen less of him. 

5 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Good choice. Either would run at full-backs and naturally cut inside like Forestieri. The other two are lefties. Really rate Russell as well. More to come from him in the right team. Reach my least fave of the four, perhaps because I've seen less of him. 

What about Craig Noone at Cardiff?, hes always impressed me when iv seen him play.

Guest wilyfox
Just now, Coyt said:

What about Craig Noone at Cardiff?, hes always impressed me when iv seen him play.

Noone isn't to my taste, but I appreciate others do like him. 

Why the hell would he want to leave us for Derby? We are a bigger club with the same chances as them of getting promoted this season. He is worshipped by us fans and has said himself that he wants to finish his career at Wednesday.

I could understand him wanting to leave if a big Prem club came in for him but Derby County???????

Guest 1banana2banana

Let him go, there's too much smoke to be no fire at all. Once we give one player an improved contract, they will all throw their toys out the pram. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

So this doesn't seem to be going away.....

basically, if FF is considering going then there can only be 1 reason and that's more ££. 

If that's the case let him go. 

He's not as irreplaceable as the scaremongers would lead us to believe. £7m simply wouldn't be enough to tempt, but up that offer and throw in Johnny Russell... If Nando really does want to go, last thing we need is discontent within the group. 

The more it rumbles on, the more it seems it is about money and this has unsettled him in some way.

Someone has clearly got in his ear, he doesn't seem the type that is massively money motivated before this, or during his time at Watford.

He is just on the edge of playing this out really badly, he is pretty much a cult hero in a very short space of time here, there is absolutely no guarantee he will get a new contract out of this, or if the worst thing happens and he forces a move, that he will enjoy anything like the success elsewhere, if the fit isn't as right as it is here.

Such a shame to come out with a comment like he would happily end his career here, then after an agent gets in his ear, all of a sudden he doesn't want to be here.

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I'd be gutted if we signed anyone of those as a replacement for Forestieri tbh. 

He's a special player. A rare combination of technical ability, workrate and tenacity. Genuinely can't think of 1 player outside the PL I'd rather have. We'd have to go abroad and spend £10-15m to replace him for me.

Fraser does have those qualities you mention. No single player makes or breaks a promotion challenge over a season.