Forestieri

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

Not read all the thread

Surely this is just a case of the agent trying to get his player a new contract and big pay rise

Get ready for Bannans agent trying a similar plan.

We all end up paying in the end.

Tom Lees just last week:

“I spoke to the chairman and he has big ambitions for Sheffield Wednesday and I’m delighted to be part of it.

“I’m really happy here and like any player, I want to play in the Premier League.

“I am convinced we can achieve these ambitions together. We have made a commitment to each other and I am looking forward to helping Wednesday make the progress that everyone at the club wants.”

So why would we sell FF? 

11 minutes ago, Josesemedosjockstrap said:

Evening all.

First post, long time reader.

in football every player has their price, FF is no different, the issue these days is that social media allows agents and clubs to peddle myths, everyone is suddenly ITK. The fall out on forums because of something posted on Facebook or Twitter is staggering.

Personally in this case I believe that our improved wage structure has alerted FF's agent and perhaps he's working in the best interest of his client and himself to try and engineer a better contract at Wednesday. We don't have to sell but we do have to stage manage this little matter, an improved contract later and FF is back 'in love' with the club.

This could have been avoided a little had the club been a little proactive by approaching FF first but that's me surmising.

Nobody knows if there's an issue and if there is, what caused it.

Can't have a pop at the club based entirely on speculation.

Carlos won't be letting this affect the players and their aim, the club's in safe hands - this should be binned, and we should start focusing on next week's game.

We've reached the level where other teams are worried about us, It's been a long time I known.

He's our best player. If another contender puts in a bid for him it gets us all talking, makes people nervous and could (I stress could) destabalise things a bit. Pearson is just playing mind games with us lot.

Can you all calm down and talk about something else instead?

15 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

Not read all the thread

Surely this is just a case of the agent trying to get his player a new contract and big pay rise

Spot on . 

In my opinion his scummy agent will have seen Westwood and Lees get new ,big contracts and will want the same for Fessi ( so he can pocket a new big cheque ) . 

2 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Tom Lees just last week:

“I spoke to the chairman and he has big ambitions for Sheffield Wednesday and I’m delighted to be part of it.

“I’m really happy here and like any player, I want to play in the Premier League.

“I am convinced we can achieve these ambitions together. We have made a commitment to each other and I am looking forward to helping Wednesday make the progress that everyone at the club wants.”

So why would we sell FF? 

Well we wouldn't unless we absolutely had to. 

I'd be very surprised if he ends up at another Championship club.

Possibly a new deal in the offing. 

See what happens. 

17 minutes ago, Josesemedosjockstrap said:

Evening all.

First post, long time reader.

in football every player has their price, FF is no different, the issue these days is that social media allows agents and clubs to peddle myths, everyone is suddenly ITK. The fall out on forums because of something posted on Facebook or Twitter is staggering.

Personally in this case I believe that our improved wage structure has alerted FF's agent and perhaps he's working in the best interest of his client and himself to try and engineer a better contract at Wednesday. We don't have to sell but we do have to stage manage this little matter, an improved contract later and FF is back 'in love' with the club.

This could have been avoided a little had the club been a little proactive by approaching FF first but that's me surmising.

Good maiden post. Try and spice the next one up though. It's not the Oxford union.

3 minutes ago, burncross owl10 said:

I think in the next week or two an announcement will be made that FF has signed a new contract. (I hope)  

2 weeks foook that lol

I'm hoping this is sorted before the weekend. Would hate to watch the game Saturday hearing the commentator talking about how 'unsettling' it is for FF. Plus even though I'm pretty confident he will stay, there's always that nagging worry in my head so I'll spend all game looking at FF body language instead of actually watching the game lol

Fans getting shafted as per usual by greedy footballers wanting as much as they can milk out of whichever club they are contracted to at the time! We'd all like to think FF loves it here and will be here for many years but sadly in reality they are all mercenaries playing for highest pay day they can get!Wouldn't it be wonderful if they were a fraction as loyal as us supporters !

17 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

Not read all the thread

thats what i think as well i just hope the club dont give in to him ......its not like he's out of contract anytime soon so cant walk away for at least 3 years if the club decide not to give in to him .....time to give him a new deal is when we are promoted then the sky 's the limit for the bloke

Just now, Sean Watson said:

Fans getting shafted as per usual by greedy footballers wanting as much as they can milk out of whichever club they are contracted to at the time! We'd all like to think FF loves it here and will be here for many years but sadly in reality they are all mercenaries playing for highest pay day they can get!Wouldn't it be wonderful if they were a fraction as loyal as us supporters !

I do feel sorry for footballers. Maybe with a pay rise, FF could save for a new Porsche in 4 weeks instead of 6. :wacko:

Maybe they could drive him past a couple of Sheffield food banks on his test drive.

4 minutes ago, Sean Watson said:

Sadly so. 

Football is about money and hype these days, very little else. 

Just how it is. 

Hopefully FF stays (perhaps signs a new, slightly improved deal) and we move on. 

But I'd loathe to see Wednesday getting held to ransom by any player, regardless of how talented they may be. 

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

thats what i think as well i just hope the club dont give in to him ......its not like he's out of contract anytime soon so cant walk away for at least 3 years if the club decide not to give in to him .....time to give him a new deal is when we are promoted then the sky 's the limit for the bloke

FF has every right to think he is one of the most pivotal players in the team

When he signed he probably agreed a deal that fit within the clubs existing wage structure - if the club subsequently move that pay structure onto a different level with new and existing players signing new contracts - then that sets a marker for other high profile players within the new structure

If it is true that Lees has signed a new £25k pw deal - and if that is significantly more than was being agreed with players a year ago then it is bound to cause unrest

Football squads are delicate ecosystems and easily unbalanced - trying to play hardball with your star player usually only ends in one result

I don't know the ins and outs of what is going on (if anything) but by any measure FF should be right up there with the highest earners in the team