Forestieri

Surely the only reason FF could suddenly have any type of problem with us is that other players are earning more and he feels he should be getting the same (or a bit more) as he is considered our best player by the majority. 

I think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion. 

I'd be very surprised if he didn't get a new contract to match the others. Seems pretty obvious. 

P.s. He seemed happy when Abdi n Pudil signed 

Edited by hatcheeks

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Actually I tell you what, there are much worse ideas. 

Obviously nowhere near as good (yet), but he's very similar in terms of style. As it is, I would have loved him on the bench to replace Forestieri after 75 minutes or so... gonna be one hell of a player in a few years

Might be on his way to Middlesboro apparently, Zach Clough's a decent player.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

8 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Wind up right?

No, both are diminutive players who work hard, score a fair number of goals and different type of goals.

Hes not as good as FF but I think we were looking at judge last season because we have no one who is remotely similar to FF when he is missing.

I am not suggesting we should sell FF either.

2 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

The only thing I found a little bizarre about FF was when he did his interview straight after the game.

I can't remember his exact words but the commentator asked him if he thought we could make the top 2 and he immediately responded something like "no way"

But he was probably just trying to keep expectations low I suppose. Just thought it was a strange answer 

I saw that but as you say I interpreted it as him not wanting to be drawn on that and putting further pressure on us.

i saw it as a response to the nature of the question rather than the concept of us finishing top two 

Edited by Bluesteel

2 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

The only thing I found a little bizarre about FF was when he did his interview straight after the game.

I can't remember his exact words but the commentator asked him if he thought we could make the top 2 and he immediately responded something like "no way"

But he was probably just trying to keep expectations low I suppose. Just thought it was a strange answer 

I'd imagine he probably didn't quite understand the question. 

7 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I took his response as that it is far too early after only 1 game to judge what could happen.