Forestieri

31 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I don't give credence to this. However, Derby have been spending millions for 2 seasons, pay high wages, and have some of the cheapest season tickets around. FFP ????

You have to be thinking they are flying very close to the wind, get it wrong this season and they could be down the pan.

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Is that actually legitimate, or is it like that 'quote' from Steve Evans that circulated a couple of years ago that was something he'd never actually said about Leeds United?

Someone had put it on Facebook. 

15 minutes ago, LaminyPie said:

Clearly the agent has given derby the nod for the bid. Why would it be so low unless something happening internally. Very worrying.

Clearly you're speculating. 

Secondly - anyone who has ever negotiated anything - knows you don't go in with your highest bid first. 

Derby (assuming they are super keen on signing him) will have a top limit that they're willing to go in terms of fee and wages. 

Seems like they are getting linked with an awful lot of players for very big fees. 

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

Derby using the scattergun transfer technique.

aim blindly and hopefully one will hit.

Well today they have been linked with four players? 

FF

Kodja

Wells

Gunter

Not so long ago they were linked with Lees. 

Think I also read that they're looking at Andre Wisdom? 

Staton taking a leaf out of the old alan nixon book of journalism. Know nothing but say something a bit criptic that says nothing one way or the other. That way he can look all smug whatever happens. Oh and derby will not be signing FF. If he goes it will be to a premier league team. Hopefully we can convince him that team will be us

It's all speculation at the moment, but as I said Saturday it's very worrying. To me it's obvious something has happened, could all be his agent thinking about a pay day or it could be FF himself wanting a new contract.

He's our player, we need to stand firm, reject any offer that comes in but also be very careful and try to keep FF happy at the same time. Fans need to keep on hia side, sing his name and the rest is down to DC and CC to offer him something worth staying for.

Evening all.

First post, long time reader.

in football every player has their price, FF is no different, the issue these days is that social media allows agents and clubs to peddle myths, everyone is suddenly ITK. The fall out on forums because of something posted on Facebook or Twitter is staggering.

Personally in this case I believe that our improved wage structure has alerted FF's agent and perhaps he's working in the best interest of his client and himself to try and engineer a better contract at Wednesday. We don't have to sell but we do have to stage manage this little matter, an improved contract later and FF is back 'in love' with the club.

This could have been avoided a little had the club been a little proactive by approaching FF first but that's me surmising.