Forestieri

1 hour ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

He did last night on Radio Sheffield

Edit, Carlos did.

There'll be a pic later in the week with FF in "that" office 

Maybe that's it. He simply refuses to be photographed signing in that office.

6 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Nice cryptic tweets from Staton on his Twitter account. 

Says there are "reasons" but doesn't go into any detail. 

I would imagine it's nandos agent feeding them bullshit 

9 minutes ago, tashton said:

I thought there wasn't much in these rumours until I read rob statons tweets.  Really confusing.   Saying there are reasons why talk sport are saying that he wants to go derby.  What reasons.  It seems to be adding fuel to the fire

Agent tactics, thems the reasons. 

Agent will have been in his ear for the last couple of weeks. All abit grubby, and unfair because he's 1 season into a 3 year contract. Players should be made to see it out and agents should be banned from interfering. But that's football unfortunately, full of bottom feeding agents.

I really can't see FF wanting to play for Derby over us unless they're willing to pay obscene wages. But I don't think he's driven solely by money. He clearly has a good relationship with CC and his team mates, he knows he's loved by the fans.  I think he'll be happy once he's given an improved contract and his agent shuts the flip up. 

Eitherway I urge SWFC to sort it and quickly. We need this lad, he's integral to how we play and we won't get anyone else like him without paying silly money. 

Its frustrating that this happening, it's an unwanted distraction in a season where we need a good start to have a good chance of promotion. 

I'll be gutted if he goes :/.             But looking at the fact Faurlin tweeted that he should be in the premier league and FF retweeted it makes me think FF wants to be there and also think he's done that to get it about for bids... I realllllllly hope I'm wrong, but all these fans who are saying there's no chance that he'll go and to shut up... ,if Fernando wants to go then he will go and I think he will within one week .... And if he signs a new deal this week I won't be a fan on his anymore, because then it's about money and I'd rather him go , DC can't be slaves to players just because he wants more money... I prefer players who love wednesday, that goal and effort to win it & celebration was a selling point to FF , judging by his body language , sorry if you disagree but I'm a realist, thoughts ?

Really annoying.  Why doesn't staton just say what the reasons are or say nowt at all.   Really not helpful.  It's like I know something and you don't. So i will just tease you abit with cryptic messages.   Club need to act before this spirals 

Just now, tashton said:

Really annoying.  Why doesn't staton just say what the reasons are or say nowt at all.   Really not helpful.  It's like I know something and you don't. So i will just tease you abit with cryptic messages.   Club need to act before this spirals 

Well CC has said he's not for sale...but that doesn't seem to have quashed the rumours and speculation. 

Outside of FF signing a new deal or us coming out and publicly rejecting or accepting an offer I'm afraid there isn't much else to be done. 

It's very frustrating and now what we need right at the start of the season. 

Such is football. 

1 minute ago, WezOwl1989 said:

I'll be gutted if he goes :/.             But looking at the fact Faurlin tweeted that he should be in the premier league and FF retweeted it makes me think FF wants to be there and also think he's done that to get it about for bids... I realllllllly hope I'm wrong, but all these fans who are saying there's no chance that he'll go and to shut up... ,if Fernando wants to go then he will go and I think he will within one week .... And if he signs a new deal this week I won't be a fan on his anymore, because then it's about money and I'd rather him go , DC can't be slaves to players just because he wants more money... I prefer players who love wednesday, that goal and effort to win it & celebration was a selling point to FF , judging by his body language , sorry if you disagree but I'm a realist, thoughts ?

My thoughts are that you are well intentioned but naive. Football players are motivated by many things, but money is at or near the top of the list. Fernando is no different, and if he stays and gets a whacking pay rise I would not bat an eyelid. 

Just now, WezOwl1989 said:

I don't give a flyer if they "Love" Wednesday or not...and if we had a team of 11 that "Loved" Wednesday we would be cartin' fat lads offa the Kop onto the pitch...Its about jockeying for more money...If Wednesday match Derby or whoevers wages..FF will be running towards the Kop giving the heart signs and whatever..

Great player don't get me wrong..I will be gutted if he goes..but its f.ook all to do with emotion..its purely financial

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, bigdan2003 said:

Also....i suppose in the world of football the lad does deserve a better contract. He's our best player and top scorer after all. Particularly when he's seeing Lees, Lee, Westwood etc getting better deals. 

..and I suspect that's what it's all about. 

FORESTIERI BID REJECTED

We understand that Derby have made a £7m bid for Sheffield Wednesday striker Fernando Forestieri.

He scored 15 goals last season as Wednesday reached the play-off final last season.

From Sky transfer website 

If what people are saying is true then FF is playing a dangerous game he's idolised here he doesn't want to damage that. Plus I doubt Chansiri is the kind of man that will just be walked all over

Edited by s6 owl

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Good choice. Either would run at full-backs and naturally cut inside like Forestieri. The other two are lefties. Really rate Russell as well. More to come from him in the right team. Reach my least fave of the four, perhaps because I've seen less of him.

8 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I don't give a flyer if they "Love" Wednesday or not...and if we had a team of 11 that "Loved" Wednesday we would be cartin' fat lads offa the Kop onto the pitch...Its about jockeying for more money...If Wednesday match Derby or whoevers wages..FF will be running towards the Kop giving the heart signs and whatever..

Great player don't get me wrong..I will be gutted if he goes..but its f.ook all to do with emotion..its purely financial

Money has another meaning to pro footballers. Status.

Just now, TINKERBELL said:

I think abdi would have wanted some guarantee from Fernando too he was staying. 

Not necessarily. 

They're pros at the end of the day and Abdi didn't exactly uproot last season when Fernando was sold did he. 

This alleged offer only came in yesterday, so...