Forestieri

I'm not happy with him refusing to play yesterday but at end of day it's a job... A very good one. 

But if my boss brought a guy in to work along side me and I know he's getting double wages I'm on I wouldn't be happy about it especially knowing I can do job better. 

I'd demand a pay rise too..... or a blow job once a week off secretary. lol

Just now, StudentOwl said:

IT'S CHUFFING S6 CHUFFING TRANSFERS IT'S AS RELIABLE AS A MONKEY TYPING SHAKESPEARE 

Sorry, something came over me there... 

I think you'll find that if you gave a monkey an infinite amount of time, then he would eventually type the full works of Shakespeare. 

Stop hating on typing monkeys. 

1 minute ago, richowl said:

if he does stay he's got his work cut out trying to regain respect & forgiveness from supporters. 

I'll struggle tbh.

whether he's been badly advised or not he's shown a side not many thought he had.

I would have thought the vast majority will get over it once he is playing and scoring goals.

Well I will at least.

Obviously an apology wouldn't go amiss.

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm not sure, give me a few minutes to think of an answer to that scenario, as well as the one where he gets abducted by aliens and given superpowers, and I'll be right back with you

Sorry, I thought you were making a serious point.

My mistake...

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Yep. It's as easy as that!!

Get him 'out the door' and tell every agent that if a player is a bit fed up & fancies a move just cause a bit of unrest and it all falls into place. 

Once we've done that, let's recruit any one of the hundred's of players that have FFs ability & oh yes, also have a 'correct attitude', all for 12 mill. 

Don't know why managers get paid so much money it's so easy!!

As for CC not wanting a 'petulant child' at the club, DC has made it clear he is not giving into blackmail by letting him go. It might not be perfect but it's the lesser of 2 evils in comparison to his agent trousering 10% of 12 mill.

Ps Please can we also stop using the tired old cliche that 'no one is bigger than the club'.  We are all aware of this and don't need telling on every post. 

Yeah , to be fair I absolutely see your point and just feel overall that it's a bad situation ! but a situation FF is wholly to blame for and I can't help thinking the club will loose out either way 

If we are to keep FF at the club it's obviously going to be through renewing his contract to give him the financial reward he clearly wants ..  He will have earned that contract by refusing to play and stamping his feet , what kind of example is that setting to the up and coming  players ? Even the likes of Matias or Lucas Joao who could push on this season to be big players and attract    similar interest , for me .. There agents will

be advising them to follow the same route FF has 

I believe that Wednesday, rightly or wrongly, will negotiate a new contract and will look to FF to build bridges with both supporters and teammates alike. Unfortunately they know how things work and whether we like it or not, he would be difficult to replace (even with money from a sale) and is important to the way we play football. The management at the top will be looking at the big picture rather than that of the next few weeks.

1 minute ago, hertsowl said:

I believe that Wednesday, rightly or wrongly, will negotiate a new contract and will look to FF to build bridges with both supporters and teammates alike. Unfortunately they know how things work and whether we like it or not, he would be difficult to replace (even with money from a sale) and is important to the way we play football. The management at the top will be looking at the big picture rather than that of the next few weeks.

I reckon this is how it will pan out too. It's how I would handle it if it was up to me. However I completely understand where people come from when they say he doesn't deserve to put on a Wednesday shirt again.

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think you'll find that if you gave a monkey an infinite amount of time, then he would eventually type the full works of Shakespeare. 

So what you're saying is, somewhere on Owlstalk we've got the first act of Hamlet? 

3 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Sorry, I thought you were making a serious point.

My mistake...

As someone that hasn't thought through all the possible permutations, I unfortunately can't comment on what I'd do in any other scenario than the expected one :biggrin:

I'm sure there are plenty of possible caveats. Ultimately we have to determine where he fits in our wage structure based on his importance to the team. We signed him under a certain wage structure that has elevated around him over the last 12 months. That sucks, but he shouldn't be automatically getting better a better contract because of that, especially as a lot of those players on higher wages have 30+ Prem appearances on their CV. Punishment for this indiscretion should be to keep him on this lower wage bracket. Once he's proved that, to us, he's worth that higher wage level- based on performances that go beyond just one good season- he should be rewarded. But certainly not before. He seems to have it in his head that he deserves one just because he had one good year and the wage bracket has increased around him. Very reactionary, very unwise. Needs to knuckle down and keep performing, then he'll be rewarded... not a second sooner. If he doesn't like it, fúck him. 

Anyway, I think between us we've gone into the matter from thread to needle. To sum up, under our tutelage a player signed for £3.5 million is now in the £10 million bracket. He wants paying what he's worth, which we all do, and the arrival of other players has only served to inflame the situation. The reason why he hasn't put in a transfer request and played his his heart out is because at heart he doesn't want to go. That's the irony. He's hoping that by absenting himself he can force the club into paying him more. He's seen others get pay rises, and believes he should get one too. The problem is that we can't give him what he wants. Our wage structure won't, nay can't, accommodate players of that value. We're shackled by FFP, and Chansiri is already worried about it. In his vain attempt to force a rise FF has blotted his copybook with all and sundry, and has brought disgrace upon himself in the eyes of British football fans. The real villain is the FFP/parachute payments combination, and Wednesday and FF are it's victims. It's a sorry situation and we'd best sell. We can't give him what he wants so it's pointless his staying here.

10 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Why shoud he?

That's not human nature and falls into the minority category of the human race...

Unsure if this is sarcasm or something else.... But I think you'll find he is in the minority by not honoring a contract. 

If true I'm pleased he's staying. 

Although I certainly don't hold him in such high regard as previous. 

Complete football mercenary, I don't care what he says about his agent and him being ill advised. He made the final choice to not travel and refuse to play, not his agent. Himself. The bloke obviously doesn't have a brain cell if he thought refusing to play was a good idea and that the players/ manager/ fans would just sit and say nothing. 

The blokes got a lot of making up to do

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If we're not a one man team then why have we just got a great point away at Norwich but the whole internet is talking about Forestieri?

Sorry, but I don't follow the logic of your statement. If we were a one man team, then how come we managed to get a great away point at Norwich without Forestieri?

It is also a little bit of a stretch to say that the whole internet is talking about Forestieri.

I think what we now need to turn our attention to is the club. Forrestergate is really merely a symptom of a more fundamental problem, namely our wage structure and turnover. At present we can't accommodate players over the value of £4 million, and if Carlito increases their value through his coaching we can't then afford to keep them, as parachute vultures will swoop. The question is, what can we do to enable our wage structure to increase?

we must 'win' or come out of this debacle looking strong,  we are wanting top class football at SWFC again and this means this scenario will happen again and again these thieving a living, agents will be all over us like flies round fresh SH*t if we are seen to be weak

on new deals  how about a new one for andy rhodes?  turning up in those circumstances is dedication beyond the call of duty