Forestieri

15 minutes ago, modboy said:

you cant  compare this to normal life. If we arent happy we can leave, footballers are tied to contracts and things change 

But it's a hell of an advantage to know that however bad you are at you job you will not be fired and will earn a fortune over the next 3-4 years. 

4 minutes ago, David-T said:

But it's a hell of an advantage to know that however bad you are at you job you will not be fired and will earn a fortune over the next 3-4 years. 

tv weather person is the best job i know that you can feck up and still be in a job 

I think you're right Scram, although how the situation can be resolved is beyond me. We can't match Newcastle, and they have the added incentive of weakening a rival. Forestieri, barring dismissal, has been an ever-present and we've built a team around him. He's integral to the way we play. It doesn't mean that we couldn't be a good team without him in the long term, but in the short term it would be a heavy blow.

Just now, slinger208b said:

Forum blindness...

I mean, you did point out the mistake first, but I didn't see your reply until I'd already posted mine. You may know the past participle of 'to learn', but you don't seem to know what a quote is.

Also, why do you give a sh*t!?

:ghoulguy:

I'm moving on from this odd conversation now.

7 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

The thing is, with the way that he had been playing and the way we had been handing out contracts, I'm near certain he would have been given a new one around Christmas anyway...

I didn't mean to quote this, it just happens to be on mty quote clipboard and it seems the only way to clear it is to post it.

But while I'm here I should note that I pooh-poohed all of your wailiing and gnashing of teeth a week ago, and it turns out you were right. Fair dooz.

16 minutes ago, steelowl said:

tv weather person is the best job i know that you can feck up and still be in a job 

They also cheat at pub quizzes. 

I was in a pub at Ranmoor and Kerry Gosney was there, and they were cheating by using their phones. 

Bloody rubbish. 

1 hour ago, slinger208b said:

And people in loads of jobs move onto bigger and better things if they feel their work isnt valued...

This is what I wanted to quote.

Normal people move on within the terms of their employment contracts, which rarely restrict them from seeking alternative employment (because this is usually illegal), and when they leave, they usually do it on the terms of their contract, by serving notice.

Footballers are on fixed term service contracts, and have the benefit of a fixed income even if they get injured and can't play for the length of the contract. The quid pro quo (as it is with fixed term contracts for top level execs in business) is that you don't get to leave just because you latterly come to believe you made a bad deal. It's open to you to renegotiate, but what Forestieri has done here is unpforessional and disrespectful.

I am not unsympathetic to the view that the club's stance has made things worse rather than better, but as I've said before, I also kinda dig it.

4 minutes ago, jambler said:

They also cheat at pub quizzes. 

I was in a pub at Ranmoor and Kerry Gosney was there, and they were cheating by using their phones. 

Bloody rubbish. 

I used to occasionally bump into Carol Kirkwood. She would not stop doing the weather! You'd hold the door for her and she'd be like, ooh, isn't it chilly?

A Journo from Newcastle has tweeted that Newcastle's never bid for Fessi.

Its all looking more like the lad wanted more money than a move away. Hes been very unprofessional and it will be hard for Wednesday fans to trust him after this.

30 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Politics. 

Actually football management.  Get sacked for being crap and the whole world sees them get another job the following week 

30 minutes ago, steelowl said:

Politics. 

Actually football management.  Get sacked for being crap and the whole world sees them get another job the following week 

10 minutes ago, WC1Owl said:

This is what I wanted to quote.

Normal people move on within the terms of their employment contracts, which rarely restrict them from seeking alternative employment (because this is usually illegal), and when they leave, they usually do it on the terms of their contract, by serving notice.

Footballers are on fixed term service contracts, and have the benefit of a fixed income even if they get injured and can't play for the length of the contract. The quid pro quo (as it is with fixed term contracts for top level execs in business) is that you don't get to leave just because you latterly come to believe you made a bad deal. It's open to you to renegotiate, but what Forestieri has done here is unpforessional and disrespectful.

I am not unsympathetic to the view that the club's stance has made things worse rather than better, but as I've said before, I also kinda dig it.

I don't agree with the way he behaved or acted.

I was addressing a previously made point about wages...