Forestieri

38 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

And people in loads of jobs move onto bigger and better things if they feel their work isnt valued...

They dont refuse to work though or go on stike or they usually end having to find a new job anyway. There's a right way and a wrong way to do it and he chose the wrong one.

so you would withdraw your labour if you felt you weren't paid enough?

the club know he is the best player and would offer an increase

he should be the highest paid player imo

however refusing to play shows a lack of appreciation of the situation

you say you want to stay at a club for the rest of your career

you are idolised by the fans and then react like this 

1 minute ago, waynecoyne14 said:

so you would withdraw your labour if you felt you weren't paid enough?

the club know he is the best player and would offer an increase

he should be the highest paid player imo

however refusing to play shows a lack of appreciation of the situation

you say you want to stay at a club for the rest of your career

you are idolised by the fans and then react like this 

Irrelevant point...

Just now, Costello 77 said:

It's a normal reaction from fans who earn money the hard way. 

Some of it is. People are rightly angry with him-I feel the same way. He's a talented, rich young lad who earns his living doing something we'd all do for payment in chocolate coins. But there's no doubt that some of it has been a bit daft. I applaud and agree with what CC and DC are doing. They appear to have called the bluff and they're handling it well. I can just do without the lynch mob rubbish. It's a bit tragic

1 minute ago, Waddling Owl said:

Some of it is. People are rightly angry with him-I feel the same way. He's a talented, rich young lad who earns his living doing something we'd all do for payment in chocolate coins. But there's no doubt that some of it has been a bit daft. I applaud and agree with what CC and DC are doing. They appear to have called the bluff and they're handling it well. I can just do without the lynch mob rubbish. It's a bit tragic

Fair point. But I understand the anger.

22 minutes ago, steelowl said:

So we agree the best for SWFC is a win surely?

btw dont confuse the PDC situation with this, that was mishandled by wilson and the board 

So what is your solution that's the best for SWFC?  He surely mustn't escape this serious breach of discipline he needs a reprimand 

You know more about him than most on here  and have been quoted as saying FF isn't motivated by money so what is the basis for this sudden problem -do you have an inkling?

my way out of this and yes offer a way out, but it has to involve a reprimand of some sort  - I actually would convene a meeting with the pfa the player and his agent  and find out a way to deal with this in house,  if a solution cannot be found again we mustn't be knee jerked into a cheap fire sale of a trouble maker to a league competitor

I'm absolutely not confusing this with the PDC situation - i'm saying we thought we were being strong yet significantly weakened ourselves with that "show of strength"

I don't think FF is motivated by money but part of status will be linked to the pay scales - and again, we don't know on what basis he signed originally and i would imagine this latest stunt has its roots back a year ago? Again, pure supposition on my part

I can't give a solution because i don't know how much of the bridge has been burned by both sides

Ideally, there is a rehabilitation process which seems him show contrition and reintegrated back into the squad - with an ongoing remedial process such as community coaching, a fine of 2 weeks wages with the money going to SCH and a frank, unreserved apology for eg

It may not sit well with some but this process will likely involve him getting into the upper echelons of pay - to reflect his status and salve his ego

But again, i reiterate that what happens must be in the best interests of the club - and if a genuine way back can be found then that probably reflects the best interests of the club

2 minutes ago, scram said:

I'm absolutely not confusing this with the PDC situation - i'm saying we thought we were being strong yet significantly weakened ourselves with that "show of strength"

I don't think FF is motivated by money but part of status will be linked to the pay scales - and again, we don't know on what basis he signed originally and i would imagine this latest stunt has its roots back a year ago? Again, pure supposition on my part

I can't give a solution because i don't know how much of the bridge has been burned by both sides

Ideally, there is a rehabilitation process which seems him show contrition and reintegrated back into the squad - with an ongoing remedial process such as community coaching, a fine of 2 weeks wages with the money going to SCH and a frank, unreserved apology for eg

It may not sit well with some but this process will likely involve him getting into the upper echelons of pay - to reflect his status and salve his ego

But again, i reiterate that what happens must be in the best interests of the club - and if a genuine way back can be found then that probably reflects the best interests of the club

thanks 

fwiw I think most of us, when this situation was rumoured, were saying let's put him on a better contract recognising that he is in my opinion a key part if not the star of our side.  I said a few times he's surprised me with his 100% displays fantastic player  then this happens and I hope it is just down to a manipulating agent .  again I agree that a solution where he stays has to be a win but only if it's seen at least to the outside game that swfc hasn't been bent over again 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

It is being talked about so much because it is so unusual.

A player does this every two or three years, and it is massive news. It is massive news because it is rare and obscene.

I am well aware of the reason it is being talked about. I also understand that it may be massive news on Owlstalk and a few other football forums. However, they only constitute a very, very small part of the internet. If, as you suggest, it was obscene then it may well have received much wider coverage.