Forestieri

19 hours ago, WestMidlandsOwl said:

Even for 15m he cannot be replaced.

Yes he can. 

Is FF actually that good? Is this more about the emotion of a player not wanting to play for our club? Re comparisons to both DiCanio and Carbone, both were miles better than FF, and proved it consistently at a higher level. IMO, FF would struggle at the top level, whereas players such as Lees, Bannan, Abdi, Westwood etc would thrive. 

5 minutes ago, Coyt said:

Don't get me wrong mate he's a fantastic player, and yes i certainly think without him in the team we possibly look less threatening but how can the club let a player basically throw a strop and disrespect them just to say O well everything's all forgiven now. I know we all have different views and opinions, myself personally I believe he's sniffed the money elsewhere and has shown his true colours.

You could well be right but I'd rather I was right

But then I'm a bit of a dreamer, but I'm not the only one

lets hope one day you and Forestieri will join us and

the Wednesday fans will be as one.

Artistic Licence Ok?

15 million?

If you can get Hooper and Abdi for a combined 7 million, Tom Lees for 300k, plus Kieran Lee and Barry Bannan for loose change, then I choose to believe Forestieri could easily be replaced for 15 million.

We've spent very wisely in recent seasons and in some cases picked up players for a fraction of their worth, no reason we can't do it again 

For around £15mill we could get Wells; Assombalonga, Kodjia or Vydra, plus we'd be able to reinvest in other areas of the team that could do with improving. We're a strong side at this level with or without Forestieri, reinvest the money smartly into strengthening the team and we could be even stronger.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble

If we did sell for £15M, other clubs would realise we needed a new talisman and put their prices up. They won't sell to a rival and neither should we.

We sell him to another team in this division I can see them finishing above us.

DC should play hardball, plays for us or nobody. 

32 minutes ago, vulva said:

Yes he can. 

Is FF actually that good? Is this more about the emotion of a player not wanting to play for our club? Re comparisons to both DiCanio and Carbone, both were miles better than FF, and proved it consistently at a higher level. IMO, FF would struggle at the top level, whereas players such as Lees, Bannan, Abdi, Westwood etc would thrive. 

He created and scored a lot of goals last season.

Not sure who could replace that.

1 hour ago, darra said:

Interesting you should say that. Read a article  last year about top championship  strikers who are thought not good enough for the premiership. Amongst them were Forestieri and Rhodes.

Know it was only one game but reckon the hull game said a lot. 

Lots of excellent players who will just float around the promoted teams who Rhodes, mccormack and now forestieri possibly. 

Big step up to PL 

35 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

If we did sell for £15M, other clubs would realise we needed a new talisman and put their prices up. They won't sell to a rival and neither should we.

We sell him to another team in this division I can see them finishing above us.

DC should play hardball, plays for us or nobody. 

Most sensible thing to do to avoid that is to arrange a fee with a club now while publicly stating we're not selling anybody...

We're certainly doing the latter...

6 minutes ago, Beholder said:

He created and scored a lot of goals last season.

Not sure who could replace that.

With £10m to spend, quite a lot.

Andre gray was only £9m.

Rhodes went for 11m

Gestede was 6m

Knockaert  (the closest option to ff) wasn't that expensive.

Assombalonga was 3m (also subject of a £7m bid and also absent from their last game)

I'd like wells or kodija, and another quality wide man if forestieri goes. 

1 minute ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Been hearing what happened when he turned up.

FF saw a pi55ed and disappointed Carlos on telly yesterday that had made him realise he's seriously  fecked up. Sacked his agent, apologised to all his team mates and ready to knuckle down 

lol 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye said:

With £10m to spend, quite a lot.

Andre gray was only £9m.

Rhodes went for 11m

Gestede was 6m

Knockaert  (the closest option to ff) wasn't that expensive.

Assombalonga was 3m (also subject of a £7m bid and also absent from their last game)

I'd like wells or kodija, and another quality wide man if forestieri goes. 

True. And there is Bamford or Vydra who could be like for like replacements, they have done the biz in this league before.

Edited by Beholder

55 minutes ago, vulva said:

Yes he can. 

Disagree. FF would excel in the premier league IMO

46 minutes ago, Lee A said:

15 million?

If you can get Hooper and Abdi for a combined 7 million, Tom Lees for 300k, plus Kieran Lee and Barry Bannan for loose change, then I choose to believe Forestieri could easily be replaced for 15 million.

We've spent very wisely in recent seasons and in some cases picked up players for a fraction of their worth, no reason we can't do it again 

Harder when everyone knows you've just made 15m. 

3 minutes ago, Beholder said:

True. And there is Bamford or Vydra who could be like for like replacements, they have done the biz in this league before.

Forgot about vydra, would be top of my shopping list if he's available. Assombalonga, if he wants out of forest, would also be worth a bid