Forestieri

9 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

FF is the one getting mugged off.

Current/new players that arent as effective as him are offered extended/better contracts.

Maybe when he signed, he saw the contract as a fair one in relation to the structure, but it must irk to hear of other players on more cash...

So he was happy a year ago with the contract. 

If he'd had a loss of form or turned into a Bothroyd, would he have been okay to take a pay cut ?

Forestieri is in the form of his life.

He is so confident he is shooting from pretty much everywhere and hitting the target 9 times out of 10. The stand out player in this league.

We really could do without losing him.

Whatever solution that ends up with him playing for us this season is a favourable one as far as I'm concerned.

I think fessi jumped the gun and with the interest in him a new contract would have come. 

If people remember we offered to more than double Judges wages but Brentford didn't want to sell. If I recall correctly Judge didn't refuse to play and just got on with things. 

FF may have been impatient or badly advised by his agent. I hate what he did but really want us to sort this out. 

Forestieri is in the form of his life.

He is so confident he is shooting from pretty much everywhere and hitting the target 9 times out of 10. The stand out player in this league.

We really could do without losing him.

Whatever solution that ends up with him playing for us this season is a favourable one as far as I'm concerned.

5 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Im not.

I'm saying I can understand his frustration with the wages if that's what the issue is as many on here seem to think he should see out his original contract.

Iv not seen anyone saying he should see out his original deal, by all means he deserves to be on the higher scale of the club's payroll, however his whole approach I.E refusing to travel and play for the club is what people are annoyed about. And rightly so. If we give in to his demands what's to say other players agents won't catch wind of it and advise their client to kick up a fuss so they get a pay rise.

4 minutes ago, David-T said:

So he was happy a year ago with the contract. 

If he'd had a loss of form or turned into a Bothroyd, would he have been okay to take a pay cut ?

We don't know the criteria of the contract a year ago - and if/how contrfacts have changed since

I'm not in any way defending him - for the avoidance of doubt

But none us are party to the real ins and outs of the situation therefore can't really judge on what has really driven this action

He may not have been happy with the contract a year ago but signed because he realised it fit within our structure - if that structure has significantly shifted within a year then i think you will find many players in football would be seeking some answers - and recompense

Not that players should down tools - but many would make their feelings known and it often ends with a pay rise - or the player moves on

36 minutes ago, scram said:

The way that we "win" is by doing the best thing for SWFC

And if that means finding a way back for one of the divisions best players then so be it

The way we look "strong" is by being bigger and rising above pettiness that punishes us by creating an illusion of being "strong"

We thought we we being, and looking, strong during the PDC debacle - we probably never recovered from that show of "strength"

So we agree the best for SWFC is a win surely?

btw dont confuse the PDC situation with this, that was mishandled by wilson and the board 

So what is your solution that's the best for SWFC?  He surely mustn't escape this serious breach of discipline he needs a reprimand 

You know more about him than most on here  and have been quoted as saying FF isn't motivated by money so what is the basis for this sudden problem -do you have an inkling?

my way out of this and yes offer a way out, but it has to involve a reprimand of some sort  - I actually would convene a meeting with the pfa the player and his agent  and find out a way to deal with this in house,  if a solution cannot be found again we mustn't be knee jerked into a cheap fire sale of a trouble maker to a league competitor 

Edited by steelowl
double post

20 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I'll be happy with whatever move the club choose to take with FF. Whether that means we sell him, or we get an apology and move forward with FF back in the squad. 

some fans have their pitch forks out already though. Embarrassing.

Good old club. Bad old fans. Embarrassing. Can you elaborate?

You see, I think it's about how we view our players, not just FF. I see him as a means to an end who enables us to get where we want to be. We're paying handsomely at the turnstiles, so if paying him a few more quid a week gets us promotion, what skin is it off our noses? Football is now a business, and we're now customers. He's not getting what he's worth, not if we want £10 million for him anyway. That's an indisputable fact.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

You see, I think it's about how we view our players, not just FF. I see him as a means to an end who enables us to get where we want to be. We're paying handsomely at the turnstiles, so if paying him a few more quid a week gets us promotion, what skin is it off our noses? Football is now a business, and we're now customers. He's not getting what he's worth, not if we want £10 million for him anyway. That's an indisputable fact.

But we aren't asking anything for him. He's not for sale, so we don't know how the club values him...

11 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

So everyone stays in their job if they feel their work isn't valued or their wages are out of proportion with others and they aren't offered a better deal?..

I would stay in my job and talk to my boss to negotiate an increase

not refuse to work

what would you do?

2 minutes ago, waynecoyne14 said:

I would stay in my job and talk to my boss to negotiate an increase

not refuse to work

what would you do?

My point was to RichOwl who negged one of my comments about wages and by isolating it you have taken it out of context.

It has nothing to do with his actions or behaviour which I think were disrespectful to everyone involved with the club...

Edited by slinger208b

7 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Good old club. Bad old fans. Embarrassing. Can you elaborate?

There's no doubt FF had acted poorly. Nobody has said he hasn't. What's embarrassing though is the reaction of some of our fans, acting like they've been dumped by an attractive woman. It's exactly the same people who will be screaming his name again if this does get sorted out and he does play for us again. What he's done is totally wrong and naive, but the rush to destroy him has been equally naive. It's time to stop pretending football is like any other job. Should be but isn't and us going on a moral crusade to fix it is only gonna hurt us.

2 minutes ago, Waddling Owl said:

There's no doubt FF had acted poorly. Nobody has said he hasn't. What's embarrassing though is the reaction of some of our fans, acting like they've been dumped by an attractive woman. It's exactly the same people who will be screaming his name again if this does get sorted out and he does play for us again. What he's done is totally wrong and naive, but the rush to destroy him has been equally naive. It's time to stop pretending football is like any other job. Should be but isn't and us going on a moral crusade to fix it is only gonna hurt us.

Ok, it's embarrassing to call a player who's roger*d us over? You talk of a " moral crusade". Who has the morals in this piece of work?

Just now, waynecoyne14 said:

I quoted you

probarbly best to stop digging and defending the indefensible

If you are responding to me, you asked an irrelevant question to the point I was making about wages.

I said how I felt about his behaviour, but if you need me to make it clearer I will answer your question more directly.

I would probarbly do the same...

P.S. If you weren't responding to me, ignore this

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Ok, it's embarrassing to call a player who's roger*d us over? You talk of a " moral crusade". Who has the morals in this piece of work?

Nope, absolutely not embarrassing to call him on it. He's in the wrong, totally. But the idea of cutting our nose off to spite our face-'let him rot' and likening it to 'if I did it in my office I'd get hammered' etc is embarrassing

2 minutes ago, Waddling Owl said:

Nope, absolutely not embarrassing to call him on it. He's in the wrong, totally. But the idea of cutting our nose off to spite our face-'let him rot' and likening it to 'if I did it in my office I'd get hammered' etc is embarrassing

It's a normal reaction from fans who earn money the hard way.