Forestieri

47 minutes ago, hertsowl said:

I believe that Wednesday, rightly or wrongly, will negotiate a new contract and will look to FF to build bridges with both supporters and teammates alike. Unfortunately they know how things work and whether we like it or not, he would be difficult to replace (even with money from a sale) and is important to the way we play football. The management at the top will be looking at the big picture rather than that of the next few weeks.

I'm not so sure after all the shenanigans, that if FF is angling to stay he will automatically get a new more lucrative contract.

I think anything that smacks of rewarding blackmail will not happen. Whether it's an improved contract or a lucrative move.

IF he does stay i would have thought there would be a period of bridge building as you rightly say, and a respectful period before any improved offer is even contemplated.

I can't see him being offered anything to be honest while he is on the naughty step.

PS how scary is CC when he is mad!!

35 minutes ago, HalfFull said:

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If we're not a one man team then why have we just got a great point away at Norwich but the whole internet is talking about Forestieri?

Sorry, but I don't follow the logic of your statement. If we were a one man team, then how come we managed to get a great away point at Norwich without Forestieri?

It is also a little bit of a stretch to say that the whole internet is talking about Forestieri.

It is being talked about so much because it is so unusual.

A player does this every two or three years, and it is massive news. It is massive news because it is rare and obscene.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

I would have thought the vast majority will get over it once he is playing and scoring goals.

Well I will at least.

Obviously an apology wouldn't go amiss.

100% this.

Some fans proper getting on their high horse about this too.

25 minutes ago, steelowl said:

we must 'win' or come out of this debacle looking strong, 

The way that we "win" is by doing the best thing for SWFC

And if that means finding a way back for one of the divisions best players then so be it

The way we look "strong" is by being bigger and rising above pettiness that punishes us by creating an illusion of being "strong"

We thought we we being, and looking, strong during the PDC debacle - we probably never recovered from that show of "strength"

Edited by scram

Just now, scram said:

And if that means finding a way back for one of the divisions best players then so be it

The way we look "strong" is by being bigger and rising about pettiness that punishes us by creating an illusion of being "strong"

We thought we we being, and looking, strong during the PDC debacle - we probably never recovered from that show of "strength"

Totally agree, I really hope weve learned from the PDC incident.

All about the smoke and mirrors now.

50 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I think what we now need to turn our attention to is the club. Forrestergate is really merely a symptom of a more fundamental problem, namely our wage structure and turnover. At present we can't accommodate players over the value of £4 million, and if Carlito increases their value through his coaching we can't then afford to keep them, as parachute vultures will swoop. The question is, what can we do to enable our wage structure to increase?

We could start by having a club shop that entices fans to spend money in it. If we are to become a "big" club, we need to get everything at the club right. That includes training ground, club sponsors, catering, merchandise and of course the players on the pitch

3 minutes ago, richowl said:

if your happy with your club/ fans getting mugged off then good for you.

FF is the one getting mugged off.

Current/new players that arent as effective as him are offered extended/better contracts.

Maybe when he signed, he saw the contract as a fair one in relation to the structure, but it must irk to hear of other players on more cash...

13 minutes ago, scram said:

The way we look "strong" is by being bigger and rising above pettiness that punishes us by creating an illusion of being "strong"

Spot on

10 minutes ago, richowl said:

if your happy with your club/ fans getting mugged off then good for you.

I'll be happy with whatever move the club choose to take with FF. Whether that means we sell him, or we get an apology and move forward with FF back in the squad. 

some fans have their pitch forks out already though. Embarrassing.

2 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Current/new players that arent as effective as him are offered extended/better contracts.

Maybe when he signed, he saw the contract as a fair one in relation to the structure, but it must irk to hear of other players on more cash...

there are ways of doing things and going on strike is not one of them

3 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

Stop trying to defend what he did. 

Going on strike was unacceptable, no matter the circumstances. 

5 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

FF is the one being mugged off?

Edited by pickledegghiderman

Just now, SiJ said:

Stop trying to defend what he did. 

Going on strike was unacceptable, no matter the circumstances. 

Im not.

I'm saying I can understand his frustration with the wages if that's what the issue is as many on here seem to think he should see out his original contract.

8 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

It's called life and happens all the time in loads of jobs