Forestieri

3 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

In essence, FF has a point - and I'm not condoning for an instant what he's done. We have the proof from fellow-Owls. Some fans have bellowed "We want 20m for him, and not a penny less!". Yet these same fans believe he should honour his contract. So, they think a player who is worth £20 million should be satisfied with a contract appropriate to a £3.5 million player. :tango: He's probably worth £10 million now, but can we (with our Owls specs off) say that he'll be getting an appropriate contract?

I can understand his point of view on things if its a money thing but going about it the way he has is the main issue.

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I didn't describe you as either. It was your post I was commenting on.

Seeing as I wrote the post and I was expressing my thoughts.....ok in that case......I have never had my posts described as philosophical or having "angst".  I merely gave the opinion/suggestion that very rarely are things so bad that they cannot be resolved and that some of the vicious rubbish being levelled at FF is counter productive, hence the quote.  Could you please define philosophical angst?

4 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

There was a post a few minutes ago that has now disappeared. It stated FF has signed a new 5 yr contract in principle. Can't find  it now. Mods must have been quick off the mark. The post was titled don't shoot the messenger. Anybody else have sight of it

It's come from S6 Transfers and is utter crap.

How people still fall for his BS is beyond me

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I would say I wanted to leave, if my request wasn't granted within a couple of weeks I'd hand in an official transfer request, and in the meantime I would put out a public statement stating my reasons as to why I wanted to go, and I would also play in any game I was picked to play in. I would probably advise the manager I be dropped to the bench as my head wasn't 100%, but I wouldn't insist on it so I would play if picked for the starting XI and I certainly, certainly wouldn't refuse to travel and let my teammates down in such a big way. 

But say he wants to stay just wants what he's worth and maybe he's not allowed to put statements out and as for playing if his minds not in the game he could cost us taking a place that another player could full who will give 100%. 

I dont agree with the club coming out with he's refusing to play, why not keep it in house and deal with it between themselves i don't know what we as a club have benefited from saying what CC said Yesterday, it just makes the job to keep him so much harder now.

Its started when we signed AA so its about money which can always be sort. I think a club as offered like 30k a month and its done his head in, we don't know how many people are advising him what to do.  

21 minutes ago, gaz62uk said:

Genuine question, your FF you see your mate, maybe help him sign for our club. You see he's on a bit / lot more then you are and you think to yourself i'm worth as much as him ( which he is ) you've got 3 years left before you can get a better contract. Now you go to whoever sorts the contracts, moneys side of things out and you say i want as much as him i think i'm worth it, they turn around and say no 100%.

What would you do ?.

I don't know this as happened just playing devils advocate.

If that was what happened, I'd sit him down and calmly explain that he wasn't as good as his friend. Which is why: 

A) His friend cost more

B) his friend played a season in premiership 

C) All and sundry rate his friend higher

Then I'd talk him through how market value works, and explain supply and demand. I'd question his appointed advisers as he seemed more than happy to sign his long term contract which mutually agreed his worth. 

Then I'd point out the clauses in the contract that likely include playing, goals, assist, promotion bonus's as well as automatic promotion increase. 

Main my day job as well as fantasy world that is football I'm constantly annoyed by people who accept job offers, sign contracts then cow and moan at the value of them. Clearly at the time of signing they needed it as much as the other party. Now that they are on a good spell they feel they deserve more? 

And if we consider fletcher he i'm sure has an elevated wage due to him being a free. He saw out a contract and early that right rather than being told he was surplus and sold. 

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

In essence, FF has a point - and I'm not condoning for an instant what he's done. We have the proof from fellow-Owls. Some fans have bellowed "We want 20m for him, and not a penny less!". Yet these same fans believe he should honour his contract. So, they think a player who is worth £20 million should be satisfied with a contract appropriate to a £3.5 million player. :tango: He's probably worth £10 million now, but can we (with our Owls specs off) say that he'll be getting an appropriate contract?

He signed a 4 year deal. He's had 1 year of it. I don't think that signing a 4 year deal gives you a right to review it every 12 months. 

Think it's a bit naive to say 'give in to FF this time and the rest will know we're an easy ride and try the same'. 

This stuff from FF is football agent 101, which is what makes the whole thing even more frustrating. The fact is, regardless of club, manager or chairman...if a player really wants out, and they're not fussed about having an entire fanbase feel let down and turn against them, then they hold all the cards. He's doing nothing that we haven't seen time and time again from players trying to engineer a move.

I don't think there's a lot of doubt that it's his representatives that are trying to engineer this, and sadly FF hasn't been big enough to tell them where to stick their advice. We can point the finger at the pondlife that are football agents, but it takes a player to listen to them for this sort of thing to play out. He's let a lot of people down, not his agent.

If he's called our bluff to get a new deal, he needs to backtrack quickly while he still has a chance to rescue this. If he genuinely has his heart set on moving elsewhere, then we're better off moving him on...but only if someone ponies up the sort of money an in-contract, in-form player like FF demands these days. So, somewhere in the £12-15mil range. 

1 minute ago, gaz62uk said:

But say he wants to stay just wants what he's worth and maybe he's not allowed to put statements out and as for playing if his minds not in the game he could cost us taking a place that another player could full who will give 100%. 

I dont agree with the club coming out with he's refusing to play, why not keep it in house and deal with it between themselves i don't know what we as a club have benefited from saying what CC said Yesterday, it just makes the job to keep him so much harder now.

Its started when we signed AA so its about money which can always be sort. I think a club as offered like 30k a month and its done his head in, we don't know how many people are advising him what to do.  

CC said he had refused to travel and while this is a nice idea in principle, the news he wasn't with the team and spotted at the training ground hit twitter/forum late morning.

FF obviously wasn't trying to keep it low key...