Forestieri

2 hours ago, scram said:

The way that we "win" is by doing the best thing for SWFC

And if that means finding a way back for one of the divisions best players then so be it

The way we look "strong" is by being bigger and rising above pettiness that punishes us by creating an illusion of being "strong"

We thought we we being, and looking, strong during the PDC debacle - we probably never recovered from that show of "strength"

I think Scram has it about right. If we could sign a player like FF now for umpteen millions it would be seen as a right coup. Football players are as fickle as fans. Booing one time, cheering next, playing well one time and being petulant the next. The one constant here is the club - Wednesday, and DC has to do the right thing for the club. 

We've taken questionable players with 'poor attitudes' at other clubs and boasted that we are a club who can get the best out of these players. I hope we can do it again. No player, in my opinion that we could entice to Hillsborough would be as good for us as Forestieri. 

Aston Villa have aspirations to win promotion back to the prem and see SWFC as a major rival. As a consequence their r chairman refused to sell us a full back who is 3rd in line for a starting place. Do SWFC have real aspirations for promotion? If so, why would we sell a player who is our first choice attacker to an opponent?

If FF refuses his services then he is in breach of contract and should forfeit the lions share of his wages for every week he does not play. If a prem club wants him and offers say £15- £20M then sell him when a replacement has been found. 

Forestieri wants to play and will still turn it on for us again when he and his agent realise that he may go to the prem for big money or stay with us and fight for his place. We should not be prepared to strengthen our opponents by letting them have the football championships player of the year (or next best player of the year).

DC should stick to his guns and show FF and any other player that they show the club loyalty and honour their contracts or they don't play. Simple as.

Edited by Ante's Bubbly
Typo

Guest Copthorneowl

Having read most of the comments on most of the many FF threads it's pretty clear most fans think our little genius should not wear the shirt again. Owlstalk posters represent a very tiny minority of both our turn up and stay at home fans so nothing decisive there.

Nobody seems to me to be looking at the most important element which is the relationship between the manager and the player. Everyone (no most people) seem to be suggesting DC will do this or that or won't be turned over by any player agent or third party but my strong view is that DC will simply ask Carlos what he wants to do. He will want to know if the relationship has broken down beyond repair BECAUSE if CC doesn't think he can trust or work with Fernando he will want shot of him and given the fact that they had to persuade him to play against Villa and that he then refused to travel yesterday I would be surprised (looking at how CC has reacted to player sulks from Loius and others) if he doesn't just say get rid he is not part of the team ethic anymore bump.

7 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

If FF refuses his services then he is in breach of contract and should forfeit the lions share of his wages for every week he does not play.

He has apparently turned up for training today

He can be fined for his refusal to play at Villa (depending on circumstances - none of us really know but we assume its financial)

As long as he turns up for future training and makes himself available for games then he can no longer be fined just because he isnt playing - as that would be a selection decision

He can be fined a maximum of 2 weeks wages so far - unless the club appeal to the PFA and our case gets their approval - which very rarely happens

3 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Having read most of the comments on most of the many FF threads it's pretty clear most fans think our little genius should not wear the shirt again. Owlstalk posters represent a very tiny minority of both our turn up and stay at home fans so nothing decisive there.

Nobody seems to me to be looking at the most important element which is the relationship between the manager and the player. Everyone (no most people) seem to be suggesting DC will do this or that or won't be turned over by any player agent or third party but my strong view is that DC will simply ask Carlos what he wants to do. He will want to know if the relationship has broken down beyond repair BECAUSE if CC doesn't think he can trust or work with Fernando he will want shot of him and given the fact that they had to persuade him to play against Villa and that he then refused to travel yesterday I would be surprised (looking at how CC has reacted to player sulks from Loius and others) if he doesn't just say get rid he is not part of the team ethic anymore bump.

You can't have read them all, I was thinking it was more the other way.

If FF apologises then Carlos would accept him back. 

said somewhere on here many hours ago Tuesday could work in our favour if he decides his future is with us. An away game at Burton which we would hope to win. He turns out for us gets a goal ideally 3 and all will start to be forgiven. Yes when his name is  announced next home game the response will be muted might even be a few boos but as others have said us fans are a fickle mob and goals will rebuild bridges. I would expect things to be clearer by then hopefully

Guest Copthorneowl
9 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

I have read most and think most fans on here want shot of him.  As for CC I don't know how he feels but think there is a strong chance the relationship may have gone past repair but in all fairness that's not even a strong hunch it's a guess I'm trying to make the simple point that it's the relationship between CC and FF that's most important and will decide the eventual outcome not money in my humble opinion.

I've yet to meet anyone who hasn't made a mistake in life

I would love to see the little magician back in a Wednesday shirt

However, he has upset a lot of people, most importantly his team mates

If they are happy to welcome him back, then I would welcome him too

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo poo TU said:

I've yet to meet anyone who hasn't made a mistake in life

TBF Hoots - thats probably because you haven't met most of Owlstalks posters...

Never a mistake nor misjudgement between them

Never...

Guest Arnold
38 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

And so would i

We've got one objective, and one objective only. The £150 million prize money which will secure the club's long-term future. Forrester is a means to that end, nothing more. I'd have him back, simply because it's to our advantage to have him back. We're paying a lot of money to this club, and we want success. If Chansiri's got to swallow his pride and take him back, that's what he'll have to do. Because if we drop down the league as a result of FF's departure, he can forget 20 000 season tickets next summer. If it transpires that Fletcher has come in on more money than FF, as has been suggested, then Chansiri has dropped one. I hate what Forestieri has done, but I'd hate it even more if the club foundered as a result. However, if it's a financial fight between us and the Magpies, then it's a fight we can't win and we'll have to release him.

Could be soo many things going on in his head...

Francesco Guidolin - his former manager at Udinese could be interested, prompting a 10m+ bid from Swansea.

Derby County - unsettling tactics may have worked with their 7m bid.

Improved deals - Several first team players may have improved contracts, leaving him feeling bemused.

Top Earner - Steven Fletcher's arrival may have knocked his ego, no longer feels top dog.

Signing On Fee - If his agent has been tapped up, there could be a huge cash incentive just for his signature.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Personally I think his refusal to play is disgraceful. However, if the manager still wants him then we should accept this and welcoyhim back.  It will be frosty for a while but a few goals with hearts and badge kissing and the fickle bunch who slagged him off will forgive him!!

Just a quick observation about CC and relationships with players.

McGugan fell foul of Carlos and hasn't really featured.

Lachman is languishing in the development team, but by all reports is still training and playing hard.

I think, in my humble opinion, that CC puts enormous store by how his players act with regard to the betterment of the team as a whole, and asks that they put aside their egos, and pull together for the benefit of the team.

I think Carlos will view FF recent behaviour as severely affecting the team ethos, and don't personally think there is a way  back from this situation, but I've been wrong before :columbo: