Forestieri

1 minute ago, domSWFC said:

He's our best player, the wage structure should show this. But he's not our most important. The most important players got new contracts and he should be made aware of this. 

We've got depth upfront. Lose Lee or Lees we don't have a decent back up. We don't even have an average back up whilst Loovens is out. 

He's one of our best players but the club simply cannot be held to ransom. He is replaceable and we've already boosted our options up front with Fletcher who is going to be quality. 

At this point we should get as much money as possible (£15m or more).

1 minute ago, domSWFC said:

He's our best player, the wage structure should show this. But he's not our most important. The most important players got new contracts and he should be made aware of this. 

We've got depth upfront. Lose Lee or Lees we don't have a decent back up. We don't even have an average back up whilst Loovens is out. 

Regardless of been our best player or not. Your basically saying that even though he's disrespected the club, fans, team mates etc, behaved like a stroppy teenager, that we should just give him what he wants, i don't want any player holding our club by the balls and trying to dictate the shots. Christ are you the type who would propose to a girlfriend after finding out she's been cheating on you?

if chansiri sticks to what he says then this will all blow over in a week or so .......forestieri will have to eat humble pie and get on with his career here ,he could sulk but i doubt he would refuse to play or that he wouldnt give his best  ......its all down to chansiri i just hope he stays strong .

Just now, modboy said:

FF is by far the most important player in getting us out of this division. Players of his ilk cant be replaced easily

Not easily but they can be replaced. FF was useless at Wembley so the 'most important player' isn't important. Its all about the team. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's absolutely nothing to do with professional football these days mate

i love Sheffield Wednesday to proposal for players work with fans day 

imagine this....

Glenn loovens primary teacher.

Marco matias working in ASDA's

Fernando Forestieri toilet cleaner...

can you pick better jobs for them??

1 minute ago, cardiffowl06 said:

Not easily but they can be replaced. FF was useless at Wembley so the 'most important player' isn't important. Its all about the team. 

but he was a major factor that got us there.

Im not convinced he is PL quality but unfortunately we will probably find out 

Could we have a thread purely for people to make a comparison between this situation and someone coming into their work earning more for the same job and/or another company offering you more money.

It would save me having to skip past them.

3 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

i love Sheffield Wednesday to proposal for players work with fans day 

imagine this....

Glenn loovens primary teacher.

Marco matias working in ASDA's

Fernando Forestieri toilet cleaner...

can you pick better jobs for them??

Baz could hit the sunbed and fake tan then get a job working for Mr Wonka, making brief appareances to visitors singing songs

37 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Again - complete guesswork, but....

Fessi comes in 12 months ago as one of, if not the highest paid player- signs a 4 year deal.

12 months later, he's down the pecking order in terms of wages- Fletcher, Hooper, possibly Westwood and maybe Lees now on better contracts than him.

Fessi (through his agency) starts to whinge, and other clubs become alerted. The whispers start.

The club go back to FF with an improved deal, but by this point any improved deal from us is dwarfed by potentially signing on fee and wage if he moves.

The goalposts are now moved and FF wants an even better deal than the other top earners. The club tel FF the ceiling has been reached. 

Agency goes into hyperdrive and start touting FF around.

I think this is exactly what's happened... Staton tweeted yesterday"Wednesday have done everything possible"   but he still hasn't travelled...

I hope he stays and signs a new deal, but ..... I think people are over rating him abit, he's a skill full player but 15 goals in a season isn't amazing? There's players in the championship every year who get 25+ and there fans + clubs don't want or get £20m , £10m or a little less is what he's worth I think... 

Edited by WezOwl1989
Mistake

36 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

If we're not a one man team then why have we just got a great point away at Norwich but the whole internet is talking about Forestieri?

FF could've been the spark that we needed for a win yesterday.

I hope the FF situation can be resolved, but if we miss automatic or playoffs by a point or two, Fernando should take some blame.

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

I bet Loovens has already had a word with him this morning.

TBF Glenn had to talk him into playing last week. 

Quite unbelievable really. 

Can't recall the club ever having to deal with a situation like this before? 

Come to think of it when was the last time a player went on strike?

Tevez?